Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.


I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:52 pm
  #781  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 1
The BFMR FAQ page says deliveries can only be done Monday to Friday... can they not accept deliveries on weeekends?! I have a shipment heading there but will do return to sender if they won't accept weekend arrivals. Anyone have any info on them?
aaroncatlin17 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:55 pm
  #782  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Posts: 5,594
Well first of all, unless you or the business pays extra for Saturday or Sunday delivery, only the US Postal Service delivers on Saturday or Sunday as part of the regular delivery service (and Sunday is for parcels only). If undeliverable, they will reattempt on the next business day. I guess Amazon will deliver on Saturdays and Sundays, but if you select the address type as sending to a business, Amazon lets you select delivery days and time windows.

Last edited by diburning; Apr 8, 2022 at 10:41 am
diburning is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:11 am
  #783  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by aaroncatlin17
The BFMR FAQ page says deliveries can only be done Monday to Friday... can they not accept deliveries on weeekends?! I have a shipment heading there but will do return to sender if they won't accept weekend arrivals. Anyone have any info on them?
I'm sure Fedex/UPS, etc will just reattempt delivery on Monday. I wouldn't stress it too much. I'm sure plenty of my packages have been in a similar situation, but I haven't had an issue. On Amazon set the delivery days to M-F only to minimize delays/issues. I'd only be worried if it was like a Walmart delivery from a local store. That I wouldn't recommend on a weekend or at all generally.
Tylers Travels is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:25 am
  #784  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 2
Hello everyone, im new here and new to this..

im considering TheDealBuyer, I will be using AMEX cards, I have their Gold, Platinum and business plus card, which should I use? I would like to scale this to earn statement credits / possibly more?

looking for tips and general feedback!

thanks in advance
HEIGEGE is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:26 am
  #785  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 319
Originally Posted by HEIGEGE
Hello everyone, im new here and new to this..

im considering TheDealBuyer, I will be using AMEX cards, I have their Gold, Platinum and business plus card, which should I use? I would like to scale this to earn statement credits / possibly more?

looking for tips and general feedback!

thanks in advance
Good luck with committing to deals unless your in TBDs Discord group.

Unless its for MSR or a Dell credit, why would you use those cards?
Clueless12 is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:21 am
  #786  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 11
Yeah the really good deals on TDB are hard to get commitments on without Discord, but I've still managed to send them ~$23k in merchandise in the past 6 months without access to that. If this is new to you I'd recommend BFMR to get a feel for things, they are fantastic and simple in their website and process, but don't offer the best prices or the most deals. TDB is also great and EMB has become a favorite of mine as well. I like to play the field and work with 4-5 buyers groups. They all buy slightly different items at times, offer differing prices, and quantities that they will buy. This way I can pick and choose based on who has the better price or who is still buying more of the item, etc.

What card you use depends on whether you're trying to meet a signup bonus or what item you're purchasing from where. If you're not trying to meet a MSR then use whatever card will earn you the most rewards from that merchant. Also helps to have a 2% earning non-AMEX card if you plan to buy from Costco as they will not take AMEX. Blue Business Plus is a good choice for merchants that don't fit into any categories that you'd earn more than 1-1.5% on with other cards. Business Gold I wouldn't use unless to meet spending or a good AMEX offer. Business Platinum I'd use for MSR or AMEX offer/Credits. Use shopping portals to maximize rewards on purchases.
HEIGEGE likes this.
Tylers Travels is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:47 pm
  #787  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 2
Thank you so much, very informative and the type of response I was hoping for!

when you mention Shopping Portals, do you mean like RAKUTEN?

Originally Posted by Clueless12
Good luck with committing to deals unless your in TBDs Discord group.

Unless its for MSR or a Dell credit, why would you use those cards?
not sure? Im new to this and I've seen a lot of people here mentioning that they've used their AMEX cards and have earned lots of points through MSing in buyer groups and I also have those so wanted to see if its still viable.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 10, 2022 at 5:19 am Reason: merge multiple posts
HEIGEGE is offline  
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:36 am
  #788  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 319
Originally Posted by HEIGEGE
Thank you so much, very informative and the type of response I was hoping for!

when you mention Shopping Portals, do you mean like RAKUTEN?



not sure? Im new to this and I've seen a lot of people here mentioning that they've used their AMEX cards and have earned lots of points through MSing in buyer groups and I also have those so wanted to see if its still viable.
Tylers Travels gave a great answer with using different credit cards. I imagine people using MR cards are maxed out on all the 5% Cashback cards.

As far as portals, check cashback monitor.

Theres a lot of potential issues with buyers clubs.

Some take 3+ Weeks to pay out.
Lost packages
Damaged Packages
Problems getting return labels
Changes in price
Abrupt closure of deals
Account closures (WM, Amazon, Costco)

As always its Buyer Beware
Clueless12 is offline  
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:27 am
  #789  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Clueless12
Tylers Travels gave a great answer with using different credit cards. I imagine people using MR cards are maxed out on all the 5% Cashback cards.

As far as portals, check cashback monitor.

Theres a lot of potential issues with buyers clubs.

Some take 3+ Weeks to pay out.
Lost packages
Damaged Packages
Problems getting return labels
Changes in price
Abrupt closure of deals
Account closures (WM, Amazon, Costco)

As always its Buyer Beware
This is also very important information to make known. There is most definitely risk involved. If you can't float the money for up to a few weeks then be careful with how much you buy. This is one reason I recommend BFMR as a starting place. They pay out very quickly via ACH and their check in times are fast. When you build confidence in the basic premise then you can expand from there. I've certainly dealt with a few of those issues and lost money here and there, but volume makes up for any losses.

Yes Rakuten is one of the portals, but there are many more. Like mentioned look at cashbackmonitor for options. If I could recommend another website that's not entirely MS related, but one that I find to be a helpful, data filled, no frills website it would be Doctorofcredit.

That's also a good point about 5% cards. There are a number of 5% cashback cards that would be a better use than a 2% MR earning card. While I make use of the Walmart, Amazon, and Freedom Flex 5% cards I don't yet have any of the others. I only started on this journey last year and unfortunately did not start at say 1/24 for cards. I'm always learning something new and there's always more to learn.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Tylers Travels is offline  
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:18 pm
  #790  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 214
TDB Discord doesn't send out notifications, so you are still SOL if you aren't checking it constantly.
dwatcher is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:27 pm
  #791  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 16
Was brutal to get my dell order through all addresses were blacklisted, but w/ the offer stack I shipped to home and it was still a new win.
(this was meant to be a reply to my post but the link got lost)
Anyway Been working with BFMR & PM for about a month now. Both have been quick to pay - BFMR has a bit easier interface for newbs (IMO)
MustGoFast is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:41 pm
  #792  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 1
I sent my BFMR shipment to the main Hudson NH location, but it just shows it was delivered today to a location in Salem NH...
Called UPS and they said they don't know why the address changed? Does BFMR route its packages to a UPS pickup location in a different city?
bigkitty is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:03 pm
  #793  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by bigkitty
I sent my BFMR shipment to the main Hudson NH location, but it just shows it was delivered today to a location in Salem NH...
Called UPS and they said they don't know why the address changed? Does BFMR route its packages to a UPS pickup location in a different city?
Not that I'm aware of. Just checked a recent order I had for them that was UPS and it shows delivered to Hudson, NH. I'd give it a day or so to see if BFMR marks it as delivered before I got too worried. I haven't closely kept tabs on the tracking day to day of most of my orders unless it's a package I shipped to them from home. I do keep track of all orders, dates, tracking, and cost vs pay, etc in spreadsheets though should there be an issue. Makes it much easier should there be an issue or discrepancy.
Tylers Travels is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:06 pm
  #794  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by MustGoFast
Was brutal to get my dell order through all addresses were blacklisted, but w/ the offer stack I shipped to home and it was still a new win.
(this was meant to be a reply to my post but the link got lost)
Anyway Been working with BFMR & PM for about a month now. Both have been quick to pay - BFMR has a bit easier interface for newbs (IMO)
Yeah I've never had any luck getting Dell shipped direct. I recently started shipping to home in hopes that enough completed orders will eventually allow me to get some to go through direct. God I wish I lived in a sales tax free state.
Tylers Travels is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:48 am
  #795  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Tylers Travels
Yeah I've never had any luck getting Dell shipped direct. I recently started shipping to home in hopes that enough completed orders will eventually allow me to get some to go through direct. God I wish I lived in a sales tax free state.
Don't bet on that. I had a fairly significant volume on my dell account and 1 order of 2 units got cancelled. I tried all 3 addresses and all were cancelled the 3rd try got my account locked out until I called in.
So unless I have another Amex offer / credits I won't be doing Dell offers as the sales tax here kills any value.
MustGoFast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.