Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:59 pm

Costco for BG

Hi all,

As others have reported, I seem to get most of my orders cancelled when purchasing from anyone other than Amazon. I have some luck with Walmart, but have to change the address multiple times usually to get an order to stick, and sometimes even then they will cancel it later. Dell is 100% failure to any address other than my home (I pay sales tax). Best Buy is similar.
I noticed some of the deals are for Costco. Does anyone have experience ordering through them? I would hate to buy a membership just to have the same experience as Walmart/Best Buy,
For those that have, is there any benefit to a Costco Business membership over the standard?
anz10e likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lefty_The_Hun
Hi all,

As others have reported, I seem to get most of my orders cancelled when purchasing from anyone other than Amazon. I have some luck with Walmart, but have to change the address multiple times usually to get an order to stick, and sometimes even then they will cancel it later. Dell is 100% failure to any address other than my home (I pay sales tax). Best Buy is similar.
I noticed some of the deals are for Costco. Does anyone have experience ordering through them? I would hate to buy a membership just to have the same experience as Walmart/Best Buy,
For those that have, is there any benefit to a Costco Business membership over the standard?
I can't provide any feedback on Costco, but just a quick note on Dell... I also have to ship Dell to home and pay sales tax, but it can still be *very* profitable with the right card(s) and cashback portal. Even aside from the AmEx Business Platinum twice annual $200 Dell credit, lots of AmEx business cards get 10% cashback at Dell offers, and portal earnings can sometimes go as high as 16% cashback. Obviously doesn't help if portal payouts are low and you don't have any AmEx business cards, but just fyi.
Lefty_The_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:29 pm

That's a good point, and it is helpful. Will the BGs generally send a shipping label when you purchase Dell to your home, or do you have to pay for that as well?

Originally Posted by neo848943
I can't provide any feedback on Costco, but just a quick note on Dell... I also have to ship Dell to home and pay sales tax, but it can still be *very* profitable with the right card(s) and cashback portal. Even aside from the AmEx Business Platinum twice annual $200 Dell credit, lots of AmEx business cards get 10% cashback at Dell offers, and portal earnings can sometimes go as high as 16% cashback. Obviously doesn't help if portal payouts are low and you don't have any AmEx business cards, but just fyi.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:32 pm

That's a good point, and it is helpful. Will the BGs generally send a shipping label when you purchase Dell to your home, or do you have to pay for that as well?
Not sure about others, but since signing up for PointsMaker last summer, I've never seen a Dell deal that they haven't provided shipping labels for (often with a requirement that you ship a minimum of two items). They will also often provide some commission over list price for Dell (though unfortunately not with the last few most recent Dell deals).
Lefty_The_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:16 pm

Hi all,
I noticed some of the deals are for Costco. Does anyone have experience ordering through them?
Costco cancels my orders a few minutes after getting the confirmation email if I try to ship directly to a buying group.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:38 pm

Has anyone sent anything from Canon to EMB? They usually check things in same day, and pay out next day, but it's been a week so far. Their reply on What's App was "yeah, Canon check ins will take some time."

Update: Camera's were checked in 6 days later. Longer than usual for them, but sounds like they might have a different process for Canon check ins.

Last edited by adamaaa; Apr 6, 2022 at 9:35 am Reason: Updated info
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Skink
Costco cancels my orders a few minutes after getting the confirmation email if I try to ship directly to a buying group.
Mine used to go through but I tried a few months ago and they started cancelling them. I'm not sure if it was because I was ordering a product for a second and third time or because they know the address is a buying group.
Skink likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by bds123123
Where can I find the dropoff locations for TDB? I don't see it listed anywhere online outside of what state it's in. Does anyone have the Discord link?
I'm also curious about ways to join their discord channel.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:13 am

Costco is hit or miss. I have access to a Costco account that has been an Executive Member for 15+ years with regular in store purchases. *Knock on Wood* The majority of orders to buyer groups go through. I have my own Costco membership with no purchase history besides BG orders and they all get cancelled.

On Dell, I've also started shipping to home and paying Sales tax as I have the Dell 10% Amex offer and Biz Platinum credits to use. Shopping portals help make it more worth it. Pointsmaker and TheDealBuyer typically offer shipping labels for a certain quantity of laptops. BFMR and EMB do not offer shipping labels to my knowledge.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:49 pm

BFMR and MYS are mostly below cost deals only now, except Dell where I can't get any orders through. I guess they will wake up when Prime day arrives.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:52 am

Below Cost deals can be worthwhile if you have the Amazon or Walmart 5% back cards, but I wouldn't bother otherwise. I don't like doing below cost deals, but still earning a fair % back is hard to pass up on larger $ orders. I do appreciate the groups (EMB, TDB, Pointsmaker) that don't do or very rarely do Below Cost deals though.

Last edited by Tylers Travels; Apr 7, 2022 at 2:53 pm
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by dwatcher
BFMR and MYS are mostly below cost deals only now, except Dell where I can't get any orders through. I guess they will wake up when Prime day arrives.
Originally Posted by Tylers Travels
Below Cost deals can be worthwhile if you have the Amazon or Walmart 5% back cards, but I wouldn't bother otherwise. I don't like doing below cost deals, but still earning a fair % back is hard to pass up on larger $ orders. I do appreciate the groups (EMB, Pointsmaker) that don't do or very rarely do Below Cost deals though.
Some may see hitting a SUB as worth taking a lower payout, but yes, I have stayed away from them personally.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Foreur
Still waiting for payment from USAbuying, what is their usual time frame to send checks?
Around 2.5 weeks.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Skink
Same thing happens to me with Walmart except they use the excuse it's a quantity limit on an item (even when I buy just one). What's the workaround? Have it sent to your own address and then just pay to forward it? I guess that ups the cost to us, but if you're trying to make a minimum spend, it's an option, right?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Some may see hitting a SUB as worth taking a lower payout, but yes, I have stayed away from them personally.
Yeah if I were in desperate need of meeting a SUB I would consider them and I think many do. I haven't had to do so to meet my SUB's yet, but certainly an option if you do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.