Old Oct 20, 20, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Old Mar 12, 22, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by urgetopurge
Is it possible to get an item that a BG is looking for via other sites/means and sell it to them? For instance, if you were able to win an ipad thru a local contest, could you ship it to them for basically the value they're paying for it (assuming the serial numbers/IMEI matchup)?
SKU, PN should match but SN/IMEI should never match to anything. But yes, the important part is to ask
Old Mar 14, 22, 2:34 pm

Hello all,
I've read several posts here but would like to ask some questions:

- It seems these buying groups are mostly wholesalers that probably sell outside the USA. Why would they require others to purchase, ship to a common address, and pay in cash? Why can't they have multiple credit cards and purchase themselves from the stores they ask us to purchase from? I still don't understand why they need regular people to make the purchases.
- Why eBay and other stores would ban an account for shopping to a buying group? I understand if manufacturer prohibit retailers to sell to distributors, so maybe they could restrict specific products... but why ban a whole customer from buying from their store? It seems they might consider it criminal?
- I was thinking about joining USA Buying Group. Mostly to help rank up some points and/or hit the minimum spent for a recently opened credit card. Is this group doing OK? Any better group for what I would like to do?
- This thread seem pretty active, is there any other group (Facebook, Reddit, etc.) that it's good to follow? I understand that we, customers paying for these items, need to be in close contact since there is always the risk of not being paid by the group administrator.

Thank you!
Skink likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 12:26 am

Trying BFMR today easy stack with amex offer for some good cash back opportunity
Old Mar 24, 22, 4:55 pm

Today PM asked people order iPad for them then later in the day, they've changed their mind. Not a good practice. No wonder they falling behind other groups.
Please be advised that we must receive all Apple-10.2-Inch iPad9-*64GB*-ALL COLORS by *Monday 3/28*. All 64GB iPads received after Monday will need to be returned. Please cancel any pending orders.

In addition, for all Apple-10.2-Inch iPad9-*256GB*-ALL COLORS, we are only accepting *3* per person and they must be received by *Thursday 3/31*. Please cancel any pending orders that have a scheduled delivery date after Thursday 3/31.

We try not to do below cost for buyers but this also comes with limited quantities that we can buy.

The form was closed as quickly as we could, but apparently for this deal a lot of people bought them at exactly the same time and filled out the form.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

For all future deals, if you plan on ordering more than *50*, please reach out to an admin first to confirm the quantity is ok.
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:24 pm

Not so bad PM

Originally Posted by trieudoahong
Today PM asked people order iPad for them then later in the day, they've changed their mind. Not a good practice. No wonder they falling behind other groups.
As an individual buyer that doesn't have any bots or other mechanisms for ordering huge quanitities, I actually really appreciate this. Google forms is not a good tool for limiting how much people can order, so there are bound to be some of these problems. People buying more than 50 should just start their own reselling business (I saw that a bit tongue in cheek, realizing there's a lot of overhead involved, but some of us just want to buy 1 or 2 and we're happy at that rate, but can't because of the damn bot buyers!)
Old Mar 24, 22, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by anz10e
As an individual buyer that doesn't have any bots or other mechanisms for ordering huge quanitities, I actually really appreciate this. Google forms is not a good tool for limiting how much people can order, so there are bound to be some of these problems. People buying more than 50 should just start their own reselling business (I saw that a bit tongue in cheek, realizing there's a lot of overhead involved, but some of us just want to buy 1 or 2 and we're happy at that rate, but can't because of the damn bot buyers!)
You lost me there.
How is any of that relevant to the fact that they limited to 3 and shortened delivery time retroactively?
Also, what relevance is there in that you (and me too) are an individual buyer? buying groups don't care about who buys for them. in fact they prefer and incentify higher quantity buyers
reallove likes this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by mo2rose
You lost me there.
How is any of that relevant to the fact that they limited to 3 and shortened delivery time retroactively?
Also, what relevance is there in that you (and me too) are an individual buyer? buying groups don't care about who buys for them. in fact they prefer and incentify higher quantity buyers
I don't have bot but still can order 12 easily. They shortened delivery time to 3/31. I bought it as soon as I got email and still got Apr delivery.
Old Mar 25, 22, 6:30 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I don't have bot but still can order 12 easily. They shortened delivery time to 3/31. I bought it as soon as I got email and still got Apr delivery.
From Amazon - or which store??
Old Mar 25, 22, 7:23 am

right. You need to have so called "bots" or some fancy mechanism.
you can easily order 12 simply means that you have access to 4 Amazon accounts or sub/teen accounts.

Personally I have 2 accounts so I easily ordered 6. As I have done many many times... so yeah, retroactively limiting quantity after accepting commitments and shortening to a not makable time frame is really not a nice practice.

It would be OK if they state a time frame when they post a deal or if they don't want backordered
Old Mar 28, 22, 6:18 pm

Does anyone have any data points for Canon for what might get a ship to home order cancelled? Seems to be that 5 items is the magic number on getting orders thru. Recently had an order for 8 cancelled, but was then able to get 5 of this item ordered successfully the next day. I also ordered 5 of an item within a few days of a prior order shipping (of this same item), with cancelled. Have not tired 10 at once, but seems two 5's of the same item that close together will get cancelled. Just curious if anyone has additional insight. They are tough to drop ship from, so my example is shipping to myself at home. Only have 4 total orders in the past few months with them.

Last edited by adamaaa; Mar 29, 22 at 5:41 pm
Old Mar 29, 22, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by adamaaa
Does anyone have any data points for Canon for what might get a ship to home order cancelled? Seems to be that 5 items is the magic number on getting orders thru. Recently had an order for 8 cancelled, and also ordering the same item again within a few days with cancelled. Just curious if anyone has additional insight. They are tough to drop ship from, so my example is shipping to myself at home. Only have 4 total orders in the past few months with them.
I also had orders canceled recently... I think you may be right that 5 is the magic number. I know that more than 10 of any item is a red line. If you attempt to order more than 10 of any particular item, the system will allow you to place the order, but then your order(s) will be auto-canceled and you will be locked out of making any future purchases of any item/quantity from Canon.

Another DP it'd be good to have... Does anyone have any good DPs in terms of getting around Canon bans to be able to place future orders (of 5 or less)? Is it just the account that's banned? Shipping/billing address? Payment method? All of the above?
Old Mar 29, 22, 9:59 pm

I bought from Canon for the first time yesterday. I did several purchases (1, 3, 4, 7) and half of them were canceled. The odd thing is that 3 orders were canceled last night and then today, an order of 7 that was pending was shipped out.
Old Apr 2, 22, 9:19 am

For Canon, 5 or less is probably the ideal number. I ordered 10 each of 2 different cameras split into orders of 2,8,4,6, and received all of them. However the 6 of another camera got auto-cancelled and the 4 of that same camera is just sitting there as "Order Received". I stupidly placed an order of 3 more of a camera I had already received 10 of and am now on Canon's no-go list apparently. Any order attempts to that address get an error at checkout saying to call customer service. Not sure what they block, but I'd assume shipping address and account at a minimum. They seem pretty aggressive so I wouldn't be surprised if they also block billing address. I hope that's not the case and would love to hear from someone who knows for sure. I don't mind burning this shipping address, but name and/or billing address would be more problematic.
neo848943 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 2:02 pm

Where can I find the dropoff locations for TDB? I don't see it listed anywhere online outside of what state it's in. Does anyone have the Discord link?
qiqiguaiguai and anz10e like this.
Old Apr 3, 22, 8:45 am

Still waiting for payment from USAbuying, what is their usual time frame to send checks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.