Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:13 am

Does anyone else have issues using mobile deposit with the "e-checks" via Deluxe?
The first one I got from PFS Buyers Club printed at home and worked fine. The last 2 I've gotten from Pointsmaker give me "readability errors" on 3 different banking apps when trying mobile deposit. They've both worked fine when I go to the bank, but I never want to do that. I haven't gotten another one from anyone else to see if it's related to PM vs Deluxe though.

Curious if anyone else has encountered this and or has a solution (note I'm printing in B&W).
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by MustGoFast
Does anyone else have issues using mobile deposit with the "e-checks" via Deluxe?
The first one I got from PFS Buyers Club printed at home and worked fine. The last 2 I've gotten from Pointsmaker give me "readability errors" on 3 different banking apps when trying mobile deposit. They've both worked fine when I go to the bank, but I never want to do that. I haven't gotten another one from anyone else to see if it's related to PM vs Deluxe though.

Curious if anyone else has encountered this and or has a solution (note I'm printing in B&W).
I had the same "readability errors" issues trying mobile deposits of PM checks until I changed my printer settings from Normal Output quality to High Quality. I haven't tried B&W but color copies got accepted right away.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:30 pm

I don't actually print my checks from Pointsmaker. I just "print" to PDF and do screen grabs (with Window Snipping Tool) from that to deposit into Ally. And, I keep one reusable image with the signed back of the check that I scanned in a long time ago. Been doing that way for over a year. Never had any issues.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by daedge
I don't actually print my checks from Pointsmaker. I just "print" to PDF and do screen grabs (with Window Snipping Tool) from that to deposit into Ally. And, I keep one reusable image with the signed back of the check that I scanned in a long time ago. Been doing that way for over a year. Never had any issues.
Sadly Chase doesn't support that but good to know...

Note - I just learned that Pointsmaker can do ACH now (see FAQ 21) - requires a note when requesting payment ongoing but I'm now set up for that in the future.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by MustGoFast
Sadly Chase doesn't support that but good to know...

Note - I just learned that Pointsmaker can do ACH now (see FAQ 21) - requires a note when requesting payment ongoing but I'm now set up for that in the future.
I don't feel comfortable putting my bank account info into a Google form in order to set-up ACH. Does not seem secure enough to me. Perhaps if it's an account that is usually near empty then it might be okay. Just transfer out right way to somewhere else.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by daedge
I don't feel comfortable putting my bank account info into a Google form in order to set-up ACH. Does not seem secure enough to me. Perhaps if it's an account that is usually near empty then it might be okay. Just transfer out right way to somewhere else.
This is a good approach. Agree that a simple Google Form, without knowing how that information is stored or transmitted, is NOT sufficient security for info that would allow someone to drain your bank account. (Especially since they send you the entire form unencrypted in a clear text email immediately afterwards ) I would only do this for a "staging" account that you normally keep very little money in and immediately transfer out of.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:44 pm

I signed up for EMB Deals a couple weeks ago and for the life of me I cannot find any deal information anywhere on their site. I also requested to join their WhatsApp announcement channel but I have received 0 announcements. Am I missing something or are they just not buying anything at the moment?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by neo848943
I signed up for EMB Deals a couple weeks ago and for the life of me I cannot find any deal information anywhere on their site. I also requested to join their WhatsApp announcement channel but I have received 0 announcements. Am I missing something or are they just not buying anything at the moment?
They are sending deals via Telegram (app) only now.
neo848943 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by neo848943
This is a good approach. Agree that a simple Google Form, without knowing how that information is stored or transmitted, is NOT sufficient security for info that would allow someone to drain your bank account. (Especially since they send you the entire form unencrypted in a clear text email immediately afterwards ) I would only do this for a "staging" account that you normally keep very little money in and immediately transfer out of.
Agreed - I have it connected to a Capital 1 online savings account that has $0 in it other than these transfers and when it lands I send it off somewhere else. Same goes for the BFMR stuff.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:21 pm

The only way to ship to home with EMB Deals is if you live in the NYC area and arrange for pickup, correct? They don't provide shipping labels (a la PointsMaker)?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:42 pm

Correct. I've never seen them provide a label, and it's been hard to ship direct to them.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:39 pm

Very sad to see the deal buyer starting up below cost deals.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:31 am

There's people who are willing to do those as they have to meet MSR. And, there's been influx of tons of newbies to these buying groups. They know supply is well above demand and they are leveraging that. Yea. it sucks to see BC deals, but in slow times this is probably going to be norm.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:08 am

Anyone have issues with EDB pickups? They don't seem to respond to pickup requests at all or do so very slowly. How can you get them to respond more quickly?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:11 am

Hmm USAbuying haven't responded to my ticket yet. It's been 22 days....been trying to follow up both by email and their support ticket system. Unsure how to get ahold of them. anyone have suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.