Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
My issue is still with order cancellation. Best Buy, Dell, etc all get cancelled immediately no matter which address I use. And this is my first time ordering. The addresses must be blacklisted or something.

I also noticed TDB has a few "instore" deals with high commission. It's a little bit more hassle having to wait for it to ship to me then to ship it out again and I have to pay tax, but the high commission more than makes up for it. They provide a shipping label. It's interesting they don't require commitments. Has anyone had any issues with self-ship type purchases? My fear is the deal closing in the amount of time it takes for me to go out and buy it then ship it off
Old Feb 4, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Kevin Tang
No issues with TDB, BFMR and SBG (fast becoming my favorite).
What is SBG? Never heard of them before...
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:41 pm

I am new to this. Did around 10 orders over the week, seems pretty good for nom. I am only succesfull with Amazon, is there tricks for Walmart, Bestbuy, Dell, etc...?
Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:56 pm

Yes, there is.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
Yes, there is.
I would be happy to learn more, can you orient me toward some reading?
Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Foreur
I would be happy to learn more, can you orient me toward some reading?
Thanks
Check out some of the FAQs on the buying group websites. Some use different techniques but it's a good place to get an idea of how/what to do.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Foreur
I am new to this. Did around 10 orders over the week, seems pretty good for nom. I am only succesfull with Amazon, is there tricks for Walmart, Bestbuy, Dell, etc...?
Thanks!
Same here, so far only successful with amazon. Definitely limits my options.
Tried one with BFMR, Marked as received and paid within a day. One with TDB and I've been waiting 2 days so far for them to mark as received
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Any data points or experience with Amazon shutting anyone down? I don’t want to risk my Amazon account if they will shut people down for being flagged as a reseller or for any other reason.

Last edited by diburning; Feb 13, 2022 at 12:16 am
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:26 pm

I wish everyone would team up and quit buying things below retail for BFMR. Force them to pay retail.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by planetmans
I wish everyone would team up and quit buying things below retail for BFMR. Force them to pay retail.
Agree. Other than auto payout via ACH, I don't think BFMR having other advantage. Wait until you have a package lost with them and you will see how bad are they.
BTW I think buying groups having cashflow issue now, especially MYS and PM.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by trieudoahong
Agree. Other than auto payout via ACH, I don't think BFMR having other advantage. Wait until you have a package lost with them and you will see how bad are they.
BFMR has fast check-in if you ship to Hudson or Salem. But I agree, I do not purchase any below retail details at BFMR. It's all at retail (for MSR) or above retail for me.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:21 pm

Very plausible. PM hasn't had many deals over the last few weeks, and they just told me that they are currently checking in packages from 1/27 and 1/28. A 2 week delay for minimal deals other than a few from Amazon does seem strange.
innerspace likes this.

Last edited by adamaaa; Feb 14, 2022 at 2:22 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:22 pm

For TDB, how are you getting paid? Has anyone successfully setup ACH?

As for BFMR, TDB, etc, I seem to read positive and negative reports about all of them so it's hard to know which to use.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
Any data points or experience with Amazon shutting anyone down? I don’t want to risk my Amazon account if they will shut people down for being flagged as a reseller or for any other reason.
I run 3 Amazon accounts. A personal, a Biz, and a Teen. I ran probably $300k combined through these in 2021. No issues besides some minor QLA for Amazon devices. Just avoid using Amazon GC for payment.

Originally Posted by planetmans
I agree to an extent. And believe me, I hate that the BGs think they can take an extra 2.5% from us and hope we can subsidize our profits with our CC rewards. Like it or not, people in this hobby are smart and have figured out ways to be profitable in any situation. If you can still net 5%+ with these below costs deals, it’s the easiest couch spend you’ll ever get. GC reselling is mostly breakeven as of late but that requires going to the store and dealing with store reward programs.

If EVERYONE banded together and demanded retail, we could probably get it, but if you sit back, the bigger fish in this hobby will continue to give-in and give BGs what they ask. It’s kind of a “if ya can’t beat ‘em join em” situation. I also feel this is more a product of Q1. Things will get better (more BE deals) as spring turns into summer.

BFMR has handled every return situation with ease. I’ve never once not been able to get my money back from a retailer. I think the worst case scenario is that you’re stuck paying for a return label, which is just part of doing business.

I agree about MYS and PM. PM took almost 2 weeks to scan in and another 3 to pay me for items sent close to the end of the year. MYS has been great with scan-ins as of late but I’m waiting on checks from two weeks ago still. I’d feel better if they just came out and said “we prefer to run payments bi-weekly for all requests received at least one week prior” instead of making me think they’re cash-poor.
innerspace likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Road_Dog
I run 3 Amazon accounts. A personal, a Biz, and a Teen. I ran probably $300k combined through these in 2021. No issues besides some minor QLA for Amazon devices. Just avoid using Amazon GC for payment.

I agree to an extent. And believe me, I hate that the BGs think they can take an extra 2.5% from us and hope we can subsidize our profits with our CC rewards. Like it or not, people in this hobby are smart and have figured out ways to be profitable in any situation. If you can still net 5%+ with these below costs deals, it’s the easiest couch spend you’ll ever get. GC reselling is mostly breakeven as of late but that requires going to the store and dealing with store reward programs.

If EVERYONE banded together and demanded retail, we could probably get it, but if you sit back, the bigger fish in this hobby will continue to give-in and give BGs what they ask. It’s kind of a “if ya can’t beat ‘em join em” situation. I also feel this is more a product of Q1. Things will get better (more BE deals) as spring turns into summer.

BFMR has handled every return situation with ease. I’ve never once not been able to get my money back from a retailer. I think the worst case scenario is that you’re stuck paying for a return label, which is just part of doing business.

I agree about MYS and PM. PM took almost 2 weeks to scan in and another 3 to pay me for items sent close to the end of the year. MYS has been great with scan-ins as of late but I’m waiting on checks from two weeks ago still. I’d feel better if they just came out and said “we prefer to run payments bi-weekly for all requests received at least one week prior” instead of making me think they’re cash-poor.
I did some with BFMR last year, but haven't done any business with BFMR this year. Guess much less people are using BFMR, and BFMR can be quite idle. Let's see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.