Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:19 pm

YRCW had quite a few deals, that others weren’t taking, over PD. They also have a portal now albeit different from the others.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Clueless12
YRCW had quite a few deals, that others weren’t taking, over PD. They also have a portal now albeit different from the others.

EMB is crushing everyone and paying so fast now - I would take them over YRCW. YRCW I thought was dead and is far behind
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by kingrat
EMB is crushing everyone and paying so fast now - I would take them over YRCW. YRCW I thought was dead and is far behind
It's not a question of taking one over the other but diversifying among buyers. There's a lot of other groups not mentioned, and I quit selling to a couple of the groups above. For new people, it's better to go with the tried and true (which you've covered), although they also have some issues. The "perfect" group doesn't exist, but depending on your priorities some come closer than others.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don't live in the US, but I'd like to get into this game.
Are there any issues with having orders sent directly from the retailer to the buying group? I only tried this once with Amazon and USA Buying Group, and it worked well. But I've heard others have had orders cancelled?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:05 pm

For the love of god, don't do business with MYS. I've received such bad customer service from them, along with similar stories from other chats I'm in. I quit them when 2020 began and I have not had any headaches. I don't care what spend they would have gotten. All it takes is one bad situation where they won't own up to a mistake, and you've just lost several hundred on an iPad.

Never dealt with USA myself, but I've gotten the impression that they're a close second for being terrible.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kingrat
I would be careful about EMB. They screwed me on a shipment and were very unresponsive - fortunately, it wasn't expensive and I already made a lot of money through them during Prime Day. But will never use them again.
Fuji Le likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:06 am

Placed an order for an Ipad from Aamzon for BuyForMeRetail to their original address. Almost immediately it was canceled. Any workaround? Anybody shipped to their other addresses?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:23 pm

Been over 2 weeks since I requested a check from MYS. I always feel like these guys are right at the cusp of being insolvent. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
Been over 2 weeks since I requested a check from MYS. I always feel like these guys are right at the cusp of being insolvent. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
Have they lost any of your packages they informed me at least one of mine that shows as delivered never arrived.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Have they lost any of your packages they informed me at least one of mine that shows as delivered never arrived.
Kind of. After 3 weeks of waiting for my package to get checked in they told me they never received it and that I should talk to Amazon about getting a refund. Then the next day it got checked in. When was your package delivered?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:53 pm

Kind of. After 3 weeks of waiting for my package to get checked in they told me they never received it and that I should talk to Amazon about getting a refund. Then the next day it got checked in. When was your package delivered?
The earliest one that hasn't been scanned was Oct 16th. I went ahead and cancelled a bunch of orders because of this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
The earliest one that hasn't been scanned was Oct 16th. I went ahead and cancelled a bunch of orders because of this.
I had a package delivered on 10/16 that didn't get checked in until 10/27. They told me all the 10/16 pallets would be checked in by EOW last week. They're not as organized as they make themselves out to be, so chances are your package is lost in the pile. I suggest you keep following up. Talk to the merchant too and see if you can get your money back.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Yet you and every other person that whines here there and everywhere keeps dealing with them.

These types of stories have been circulating for at least 2 yrs.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by mhdena
Yet you and every other person that whines here there and everywhere keeps dealing with them.

Why is this thread even in the MS forum?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by mhdena

This will probably be my first and last time buying for them so I don't know who you're addressing, exactly. I also don't use FB/WhatsApp so I think it's plenty helpful to bring attention to it here where there's sparse discussion on it. Whining about the whining is really productive though, thanks for your contribution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.