Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by bta15
Gamestop won't let me order with a cc, they only let me pay via paypal. Which I know I can earn cc points but I don't think portals track when you do paypal checkout.
Thanks, I'll have to try that.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:50 am

Does anyone know if Pointsmaker is up and running? I signed up and was approved but can't find any deals on their website. Also is it a reputable site?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by brogatta
Does anyone know if Pointsmaker is up and running? I signed up and was approved but can't find any deals on their website. Also is it a reputable site?
Why would you sign up for something where you are concerned about it's reputation
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Why would you sign up for something where you are concerned about it's reputation
I signed up after reading a good review. Is it wrong to ask for someone to share their experiences with it?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:37 am

I signed up after reading a good review. Is it wrong to ask for someone to share their experiences with it?
They do not post deals on there site. All deals are emailed to you. I have never personally delt with them but have heard they are ok with deals and payments.
brogatta likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by onewaylove
were you able to purchase anything on Bestbuy or Staples for BFMR?
I tried my first purchase on Staples, and order got cancelled + account got flagged.
BFMR has been useless for me for orders other than Amazon.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:11 pm

They don’t post deals on their website. You have to join their WA group or get email notifications.

Sorry. I didn’t see your question was already answered.
brogatta likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Does anyone have any recent experience with EMB? How long does it take from the time item is delivered to getting scanned into their system and to sending a payment?
Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Does anyone have any recent experience with EMB? How long does it take from the time item is delivered to getting scanned into their system and to sending a payment?
they are fairly quick with check ins and payment, but their batting average is lower than other groups. by the time you confirm something is missing, they are very slow to respond to anything. creating a ticket in their system can take weeks to get a response. if you are considering sending them items, my recommendation is to stay away. if you already have, good luck. pack your patience.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by makelab
they are fairly quick with check ins and payment, but their batting average is lower than other groups. by the time you confirm something is missing, they are very slow to respond to anything. creating a ticket in their system can take weeks to get a response. if you are considering sending them items, my recommendation is to stay away. if you already have, good luck. pack your patience.
Thanks, my batting average with them is 0 so far. 3 items were delivered last week on different days but have not been checked in. Sent email to their support box - no response. Opened missing item ticket - nothing happened. Is there anything else I can do at this point other than warn others to stay away?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Thanks, my batting average with them is 0 so far. 3 items were delivered last week on different days but have not been checked in. Sent email to their support box - no response. Opened missing item ticket - nothing happened. Is there anything else I can do at this point other than warn others to stay away?
Some of the items they checked in today were from 12/1 and 12/2. They go by name/ID number but always double check your order number, tracking number (which can sometimes change), and the address you sent to.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Originally Posted by onewaylove
Gamestop also worked for me.
but yea, I think I'll stick to Amazon.
I don't have any idea why, but I've had very good luck with Walmart. Probably 90% success - the only orders canceled were around Black Friday / Cyber Monday times. Amazon is probably 95% success, but I have had a couple of orders canceled by them. I've had a couple of orders from Office Depot go through, but every order from Staples and Best Buy has been canceled within a couple of hours of placing.

I'm very satisfied with both BFMR and Pointsmaker. Of the two, BFMR is my favorite simply because of how quickly and automatically they pay. Pointsmaker has always paid, but you have to request payment and it usually takes a couple of days at least before payment is available (I always request an e-check and they work great).
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:04 pm

MYS just sent out an email saying they scanned in all packages through 12/2 but two of my packages from 11/30 haven't been scanned in. Is this pretty common?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by noog
MYS just sent out an email saying they scanned in all packages through 12/2 but two of my packages from 11/30 haven't been scanned in. Is this pretty common?
​​​​​​​yeah they've been pretty terrible. My items haven't been scanned in since December 7th. Do you have any updates on your package?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by noog
I would pretty much count the package as lost if they scanned though a date and yours wasnt scanned. One lost package is all it took for me to stop completely. Other ways to spend that's safer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.