Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
I will try to give some recent data points, I primarily use MYS, BFMR, PM and EMBD.

1. MYS- During the holidays the checkin process was really slow. It took like 10 days+ from when they received to when the item was checked in. Payment was fairly fast like 2-3 days. Never had a lost package, decent communication through tickets.
2. Buy For Me Retail- It has worked well, quick checkin of products, automatic payment to bank account. User interface is the best. For someone just getting into buying groups this is the place to start.
3. Pointmaker- They are good to work with, check in process quick payment process takes a couple days. I really appreciate that they provide shipping labels as I live in a tax free state so I can bypass product limits by doing B&M shopping.
4. EMBDeals- Similar to points maker, they put out a lot of deals, slower checkin but faster payment than PM. Great group to work with.

I do $5-$10k a week, the biggest hurdle I run into is amazon product limits, and the fact Best Buy and Walmart won't ship to any of these groups (at least that is the case for me).

Right now PM and EMBD are my favorites as I do the most volume with them and payouts are very reliable. I do like buying for BFMR I just have trouble getting items to them due to vendor restrictions. If MYS has attractive deals I have no problem doing biz with them.

So long story short, with the exception of Q4 (delayed payment due to the busiest season) all these companies have treated my fine.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by bta15
I will try to give some recent data points, I primarily use MYS, BFMR, PM and EMBD.

1. MYS- During the holidays the checkin process was really slow. It took like 10 days+ from when they received to when the item was checked in. Payment was fairly fast like 2-3 days. Never had a lost package, decent communication through tickets.
2. Buy For Me Retail- It has worked well, quick checkin of products, automatic payment to bank account. User interface is the best. For someone just getting into buying groups this is the place to start.
3. Pointmaker- They are good to work with, check in process quick payment process takes a couple days. I really appreciate that they provide shipping labels as I live in a tax free state so I can bypass product limits by doing B&M shopping.
4. EMBDeals- Similar to points maker, they put out a lot of deals, slower checkin but faster payment than PM. Great group to work with.

I do $5-$10k a week, the biggest hurdle I run into is amazon product limits, and the fact Best Buy and Walmart won't ship to any of these groups (at least that is the case for me).

Right now PM and EMBD are my favorites as I do the most volume with them and payouts are very reliable. I do like buying for BFMR I just have trouble getting items to them due to vendor restrictions. If MYS has attractive deals I have no problem doing biz with them.

So long story short, with the exception of Q4 (delayed payment due to the busiest season) all these companies have treated my fine.
​​​​​​​Thanks, this is helpful.

How much time would you say you put into doing $5-10k a week? Assuming you make about 5-10% profit, that is $250-$1000 a week. Not bad, but at the lower end probably not worth it if takes 10+ hours of work.

Last edited by FrequentFlyer9000; Apr 8, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:50 pm

USA buying group

I have been using MYS, BFMR and USA. Doing about $5K per month on average and all are great so far except recently encountered 3 shipment problems to USA in March. Fedex showed delivery confirmation but USA denied receiving the items. They always clear low price items with no issues until I start shipping iphones and Macbooks. This trend is concerning as the Buying Group could continue to claim items not received and leaving me on the hook for losses.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Fuji Le
I have been using MYS, BFMR and USA. Doing about $5K per month on average and all are great so far except recently encountered 3 shipment problems to USA in March. Fedex showed delivery confirmation but USA denied receiving the items. They always clear low price items with no issues until I start shipping iphones and Macbooks. This trend is concerning as the Buying Group could continue to claim items not received and leaving me on the hook for losses.
Your post echoes my concern regarding this entire endeavor.

You are sending items worth hundreds of dollars to what is basically a (if not illegal) gray market dealer that has no endorsements other than what is published on an internet "chat" group populated with unknown "friends".

My profit on a $1000 GC may be 1-5% or $10-50 (if I am lucky), and not including time and effort. What this means to me is that I am making tens of dollars for my effort. If I send one of these buying groups a single hundred dollar item and they "lose" it, I am out in essence 5-10x my usual profit.

I have seen glowing reports of success above, with the occasional questionable outcome. It is the latter which concerns me. Many who have been burned will not testify to that fact due to embarrassment, while most who succeed will broadcast the fact due to pride.

I hope your encounter gets resolved. If it does or doesn't, please let us know. DPs are always appreciated.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Do any groups have active Dell deals at the moment? Need to use up my credit by the end of the month...
Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by bta15

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
​​​​​​​Thanks, this is helpful.

How much time would you say you put into doing $5-10k a week? Assuming you make about 5-10% profit, that is $250-$1000 a week. Not bad, but at the lower end probably not worth it if takes 10+ hours of work.
Also, how do you manage $5k-10k a week? i.e - what are you able to buy in so high volumes considering most of the items are less than few hundred $$'s ?
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:18 pm

Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Do any groups have active Dell deals at the moment? Need to use up my credit by the end of the month...

Thedealbuyer.com has a few
Old Apr 11, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Anyone have success with Best Buy purchases? I have tried multiple accounts and different shipping address, all orders get cancelled. I don't have any issues with Amazon, Target, or Walmart. I also have been using PM & BFMR for a few months, no issues so far. Thank you for any help
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
Thanks, this is helpful.

I put in an hour or so each week day. When I am doing intown B&M purchases it's a little more. All amazon purchases I'm making 5%. Most other purchases I'm making 5UR/dollar which is like 8%.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Also, how do you manage $5k-10k a week? i.e - what are you able to buy in so high volumes considering most of the items are less than few hundred $$'s ?
Mostly apple products, dell, laptops, switches, other random stuff that comes up. I do have big weeks and smaller weeks. Last week I did $20k, week before that was probably $3k. The biggest way I bypass the restrictions is living in a tax free state. So if I can get the right price at a B&M store, I can generally scale it pretty quick but this only works if the buying group will provide shipping labels.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: W/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
I applied with Points Maker, but have not heard a reply if they approve my app. They slow too?
I wouldn't trust them. I can no longer log into my account d/t "invalid credentials". There is no link to reset your pw and they do not respond to my emails.
cruise603 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: W/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez
Unhappy Sales Tax

I live in a state with sales tax. Amazon does not charge me tax when shipping to DE. I went to my local Best Buy, hoping that my order to MYS doesn't get cancelled like my online orders do.They wanted to charge me sales tax so I cancelled the order. Best Buy is dead to me unless someone has a workaround.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:18 am

Do any of the buying groups allow you to sign up if you're not in the US? Just tried one and it would only allow a US billing address.

I presume this is drop shipping directly from Amazon etc to an address given to you, so a physical location shouldn't matter too much.

There would need to be a way to get the money back to a UK account with minimal fees.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You’ll need a US bank account, how else would they reimburse you?
Maybe you can use Wise (used to be called TransferWise), but still... You should get a US address and bank account.
DrTom likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.