Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
My experience is that the price often fluctuates a bit, depending on how many items they have in stock.
For me, I had an Amex offer (40% off for using at least 1 MR point, capped at $40), so I could buy it for $290 or something, even though the official price was $319.
ok, so basically we need to closely keep reviewing the prices and only buy when its equal or lesser than the price they mention.. thx for the clarification.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
...Or accept a small loss. Sometimes it can be ok to lose a few bucks, when it helps you reach the minimum spend on a new card, etc.
But yes, I generally agree with you that the price doesn't always match what is written on their website. But my experience is that has to do with how many items Amazon has in stock. When they had a ton of iPads in stock a couple weeks ago, the prices matched exactly what was mentioned in their email.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Only today came to know about buying clubs
I live in a tax free state and from a quick read of this forum seems BFMR is one of the better sites?
Shipping home and then reshipping using pre-paid labels seems safer, so how can we get them to ship us pre-paid labels?
Who do you expect to pay for the label from you to them?

Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Who do you expect to pay for the label from you to them?

Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
This option is given in the initial post in this thread. I am a newbie so don't want to reinvent the wheel at all
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
...Or accept a small loss. Sometimes it can be ok to lose a few bucks, when it helps you reach the minimum spend on a new card, etc.
But yes, I generally agree with you that the price doesn't always match what is written on their website. But my experience is that has to do with how many items Amazon has in stock. When they had a ton of iPads in stock a couple weeks ago, the prices matched exactly what was mentioned in their email.
What about taxes as those can be significant?
I stay in a tax free state, does that have any benefits?
Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I always have the orders shipped directly to the buying groups as I don’t live in the US. They all have warehouses in tax free states.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
This option is given in the initial post in this thread. I am a newbie so don't want to reinvent the wheel at all
USA buying group provides shipping labels to send to them....they have told me they like for packages to be for items over $1k and generally also do not like to send labels for laptops or gaming systems (heavy) but in all cases have sent me labels when requested. (Have always been for multiple items worth quit a bit) prob a foolish risky thing to do though and I plan on not doing multiple expensive items in future to lower risk
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:29 am

USA buying group is the only one I have tried. I have spent about 35k with them, shipping directly to them and also getting shipping labels for items I picked up in store or shipped to my house.

They have always paid for the items and so far fingers crossed havent lost any or screwed me over. I would say from when they receive an item to when you get paid is 2-3 weeks. Check requests are taking about 14 days to be sent.

I did have a few close class and run around those with them saying I didnt sign a deal form or was for different payout amount. The two close calls one for item about retail (I think it was a coin) and I told them to just pay me the cost (they said I didnt fill out all forms) other issue was for a laptop that I sent with like 6 other items and all others got checked in but not this one. They never denied saying they didnt receive it but something about not filling out a offer form so they didnt pay out for it. Took about 1 month for them to finally send payout (which I am still waiting for it to completely process)

Every time I do a deal with them I hold my breath and naturally its a risk.....just takes one deal to go bad for it have been a total waste.

Ive been using them to help hit minimum spend on new cards and it has gone well overall just be careful with all buying groups to try and limit your risk by staggering your deals and shipments and staggering the high priced items. Hope that helps.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by I3CuBeD
USA buying group is the only one I have tried. I have spent about 35k with them, shipping directly to them and also getting shipping labels for items I picked up in store or shipped to my house.

They have always paid for the items and so far fingers crossed havent lost any or screwed me over. I would say from when they receive an item to when you get paid is 2-3 weeks. Check requests are taking about 14 days to be sent.

I did have a few close class and run around those with them saying I didnt sign a deal form or was for different payout amount. The two close calls one for item about retail (I think it was a coin) and I told them to just pay me the cost (they said I didnt fill out all forms) other issue was for a laptop that I sent with like 6 other items and all others got checked in but not this one. They never denied saying they didnt receive it but something about not filling out a offer form so they didnt pay out for it. Took about 1 month for them to finally send payout (which I am still waiting for it to completely process)

Every time I do a deal with them I hold my breath and naturally its a risk.....just takes one deal to go bad for it have been a total waste.

Ive been using them to help hit minimum spend on new cards and it has gone well overall just be careful with all buying groups to try and limit your risk by staggering your deals and shipments and staggering the high priced items. Hope that helps.
Without a doubt, this has to be the most frightening post that I have read in a long time.

MS works on pennies profit per dollar at best (I am including bonuses obtained by meeting minimum spends on CCs, etc.)

It doesn't take much to turn a winning game into a negative sum one. And above, I am reading about sending not tens, not hundreds, but thousands of dollars to sketchy buying groups with no recourse if something goes boing in the night

So one bad deal, and everything that was good in the past goes into the toilet. :

For me, no MSing strategy is worth that level of risk.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
What's up with WM and canceling orders!

I've tried so many different combos of shipping address, billing address, phone numbers, credit cards and can't seem to get any of them to go through.

Anyone have any tips?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:59 pm

address ban probably..

Originally Posted by cajunguy

I've tried so many different combos of shipping address, billing address, phone numbers, credit cards and can't seem to get any of them to go through.

Anyone have any tips?
Same here... walmart and target orders have been instant cancellation for me.
what sucks is that I have target gift card balance stuck on my account....
They need to consider switching addresses once in a while.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by onewaylove
The frequency of WM deals is much better than Amazon but I can't seem to break the curse with WM!!

Not that I'm dying to ramp up on this but it would be nice to understand how to make WM orders go through.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by onewaylove
shipping to the warehouse is hit and miss.....can ship and pick up in store or to your address and ask them for shipping label. Just account for taxes to see if its worth it....best buy, Walmart, Amazon all get canceled for me when shipping to their warehouse
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy

Anyone have any tips?
Most retailers cancel orders shipped to known buyer's club addresses. And if they see you shipping enough to those addresses, some will ban you. I've personally stopped using buyer's clubs. It's not worth the risk of getting banned from a store over a few dollars of MS.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by churning
Most retailers cancel orders shipped to known buyer's club addresses. And if they see you shipping enough to those addresses, some will ban you. I've personally stopped using buyer's clubs. It's not worth the risk of getting banned from a store over a few dollars of MS.
I think this is a bit of an over reaction. Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Fry's, Gamestop etc. You can walk right into a store and buy anything you want. An online ordering system can't stop you. And much of the merchandise you could ever want or need from these big box retailers is ubiquitous online at other retailers and inside any shopping plaza. More to the fact, If you were only generating "a few dollars of MS" in the buying groups, then you probably were not using the most lucrative methods.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.