Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by merice107107
Mine is now correct.
Same.

Life is good again.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:19 pm

3% from 10/3 posted yesterday. After 5 emails. Wondering if I just waited what would have happened?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
3% from 10/3 posted yesterday. After 5 emails. Wondering if I just waited what would have happened?
I haven't needed to contact them yet. All of mine that were delayed eventually posted without intervention.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:37 am

My latest order shipped on 10/14 and I still haven't gotten it. Usually I get the orders in about a week. Should I be worried?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:27 pm

My order placed on 10/14 was received on 10/21. Not sure when it was shipped. I would wait a few more days before contacting GCM.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:21 pm

Been ordering from them no issues for the last half a year. Had my first order (placed early Sep) to not show up. Only for $1k, USPS no tracking shipping. I finally reached out to them about 10 days ago, slow to respond, but first tell me they'll send a replacement, great. I said yes, replacement is my choice. Then I get an e-mail this morning saying they apologize but no refunds can be given. I send them back a polite but slightly snarky response asking what's changed, and that I hope they're confusing my order with someone else.

Has there been any issues about eventually getting the cards you ordered? I might just go to UPS going forward, as they make me sign for it.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:50 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Been ordering from them no issues for the last half a year. Had my first order (placed early Sep) to not show up. Only for $1k, USPS no tracking shipping. I finally reached out to them about 10 days ago, slow to respond, but first tell me they'll send a replacement, great. I said yes, replacement is my choice. Then I get an e-mail this morning saying they apologize but no refunds can be given. I send them back a polite but slightly snarky response asking what's changed, and that I hope they're confusing my order with someone else.

Has there been any issues about eventually getting the cards you ordered? I might just go to UPS going forward, as they make me sign for it.
They should be able to track those missing GCs and stop them if they are missing. But if they are cashed, then I think there is nothing they can do.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m

Originally Posted by RedSun
They should be able to track those missing GCs and stop them if they are missing. But if they are cashed, then I think there is nothing they can do.
In light of the above, may be one should not wait too long to call if the package still not arrives 3 to 5 business days after the Shipped email hit inbox? as versus waiting several weeks... At least hopefully there is a notation put in the order about shipment not received after the usual time it took for USPS delivery.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
In light of the above, may be one should not wait too long to call if the package still not arrives 3 to 5 business days after the Shipped email hit inbox? as versus waiting several weeks... At least hopefully there is a notation put in the order about shipment not received after the usual time it took for USPS delivery.
3-5 days of shipping is nothing. At least after a full week or 10 days. Or GCM won't even talk to you.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:00 pm

Yup, GCM makes you wait 10 business days after shipping before they will take a missing shipment report. Source: happened to me.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shadow520
Yup, GCM makes you wait 10 business days after shipping before they will take a missing shipment report. Source: happened to me.
How is the outcome on your missing shipment? When did that happened?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Happy
How is the outcome on your missing shipment? When did that happened?
Two mailings went missing even tho they showed up in my daily USPS informed delivery email. After a couple days, I called GCM and told to wait until 10 business days after shipping. Of course they never showed up. I was lucky, they confirmed the cards were not spent and they reissued them. So the only thing I lost was time. It happened several months ago.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:53 am
Suspended

Two mailings went missing even tho they showed up in my daily USPS informed delivery email. After a couple days, I called GCM and told to wait until 10 business days after shipping. Of course they never showed up. I was lucky, they confirmed the cards were not spent and they reissued them. So the only thing I lost was time. It happened several months ago.
Not sure how this can be possible. Post office delivery person drunk? Or fell into a ditch and lost the mails?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In this case these most likely were the USPS issues. You are lucky the cards remain intact so GCM can reissue.

Not sure how this can be possible. Post office delivery person drunk? Or fell into a ditch and lost the mails?
You must be extremely lucky then if you never have issues with your USPS deliveries.

I had many missing deliveries despite they were in the informed delivery.

In fact 2 such missing items were meds with TRACKED packages delivery.

The local station supervisor (we no longer had a manager) could see the packages were delivered from her system, she even showed me the screen. We did not receive them.

A week later, said packages mysteriously showed up in the water heater closet right next to our unit door. Your guess is as good as anybody as to what happened to the 2 packages.

There are GCM and other mails in the image but not delivered on the same day, but a day or a few days later. Knock on wood so far all mails from GCM do arrive, eventually.

A local FTer friend had TWO, not just one, deliveries from GCM that the envelops were completely torn, and rewrapped by USPS with transparent plastic, together with an apology note. That happened with 2 months apart. Luckily on both incidents the contents inside were intact, even they were completely exposed (original envelops torn to unrecognized shape, inner envelops also were OPENED).

On top of that, for unknown reasons our regular carriers seem to be on a roster. Whenever that changes, the subs would mess up deliveries many times because they have to do the additional work after they finish their own routes. I have AMEX, Fido and other banks sent me urgent alert emails saying mailings were returned to senders, if I dont contact them immediately, the accounts would be locked.

Just how our mails be returned, in almost whole sale manner? My speculation is that a stack of mails delivered to the wrong address, not even in the same condo building. The receivers just wrote "No such Person" and dumped them back to the post office.

It is not uncommon we saw mails left on the ledge in our mail room - those are from people finding mails do not belong to them but the address is for the same condo building different units. So they just left those mails on the ledge. We now have a habit to always look at what are left on the ledge to make sure.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:41 pm

Doesn't happen often, but certainly does. In the GCM case, it was 2 mailings of three that were supposed to show up together on the same day. None of them made it that day. One made it a day or two later. Other two never did show up.

I've had various other pieces of mail just not show up. I always go onto the website and report when u don't get what I'm supposed to. My local USPS is slow. They says they are understaffed. Yadda yadda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.