Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl
TCB is not paying me since January 15th and I didn't see anyone saying they did get paid on/after January 15. All DPs were from BEFORE January 15, 2017.

It's interesting that you did get paid for a purchase made after January 15. I wondered why you and why not me for a purchase from 2 days earlier. It doesn't give you the right to attack me, Java not cool dude.

TCB says payout 7 weeks after purchase. It's been 10 weeks. I'm not ordering through TCB until they start paying for my purchases at GCM.
I got paid for January 17th order 2 days ago.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl
I didn't purchase anything but GCs from GCM using TCB. There is no other retailer at my screenshot. As of this morning nothing has changed. Zero payable.
My apologies then. I saw those 2 valentine's entries, granted for very small amounts ($0.50 and $0.25) but they said claimed.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:34 am

It's closed to free money, more so by comparison to GC (2% TCB vs 1.25 and no activation fees). Does it really matter that much if we sometimes get the TCB payment a week/month later, or whether or not the GCM envelopes are fully sealed as long as the cards have the money and we can drain them without issues?

I'm not saying you must not complain, but I don't really see the point about things that are trivial in context and don't affect your bottom line. Especially since we don't have any recourse to change them anyhow.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:37 pm

I don't see any incentive for GCM to fix customer complaints if their sales are up and their clients have no other choice but to buy from them, for whatever reasons. Maybe they'd shape up when they see their sales start to go down, but as it is, they'd probably do as they please. It's futile to complain about their bad business practices when customers continue to patronize them. Either you put up with them and suffer or bring your business somewhere else.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
It's closed to free money, more so by comparison to GC (2% TCB vs 1.25 and no activation fees). Does it really matter that much if we sometimes get the TCB payment a week/month later, or whether or not the GCM envelopes are fully sealed as long as the cards have the money and we can drain them without issues?

I'm not saying you must not complain, but I don't really see the point about things that are trivial in context and don't affect your bottom line. Especially since we don't have any recourse to change them anyhow.
It matters to me. I can wait for the free money but I won't be ordering GCs through cash back sites anymore. It's much easier to just go to the Simon mall, Staples, Office Max/Depot instead of waiting for small (1500) orders to be delivered and then waiting for the payment and guessing what's going on if not paid on time. I've experienced a cash back sponsor that disappeared without a pay. I don't remember his name but he was a very active member on Fatwallet...about 4 years ago. He kept promising to pay us next week, next month...
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I don't see any incentive for GCM to fix customer complaints ...
It's certainly the case with the TCB Missing Claims process. I have 4 such claims open since Oct.'16, and not a thing is being done. The process is rather opaque too. I wouldn't even know if TCB collected on those claims, and just kept the money as "Tips for the staff".
Btw, their schtick about the tips is rather pathetic -- seems to imply they're doing customers a favor, rather than delivering on a contract.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:01 pm

I'm hoping someone else has encountered the issue I'm having with GCM, and found a solution. I had my account temporarily locked after trying (unsuccessfully) to place an order with the same card 3 times. I called GCM, got the account unlocked, and they informed me that 3 failed orders in a 24 hour period will lock your account.

I've ordered (via a different card, specifically my Ink Preferred) twice now in the last month, both times without issue. This time, I didn't want to cycle my Ink's credit limit, so I decided I'd do a little MS on my Chase Sapphire Reserve. I added my CSR to my account (it has the same billing address as the Ink Preferred). I know my GCM password, so that wasn't the issue. I know my billing address (and shipping address, they're the same, and I used the USPS validated one that GCM suggests after you type it in). I checked the Chase Sapphire Reserve number multiple times, and that's not the issue. I used the right CVV number and expiration date as well. I am 99.9% certain I'm not entering anything in incorrectly. And I've only spent $2.5k so far on GCM so I know that's not the issue.

I also tried using my middle initial on the card and on my billing & shipping addresses, and then tried removing my middle initial from the card, billing, & shipping. Still no luck. One of the cust svc agents from GCM told me that the middle initial not matching between card and billing can sometimes be the source.

I've called GCM 3 times now, the first time to see if they could tell me why my orders weren't going through. No help. The 2nd time I called to unlock my account. This woman seemed to be the most competent and helpful. She unlocked my account, and suggested that the middle initial should match on my card and billing address. That's when I tried two more attempts at an order, still with no success. I called back a 3rd time to see if they could tell me why it was giving me the same error message each time. This woman told me that she has no access to their verification process, as it's part of their security and they don't want anyone knowing how they detect fraud. So as a result, she can't give me any information about why my orders won't process.

Has anyone else ever had an issue like this? Find a solution? This is most definitely not because I'm at my monthly limit. I will re-attempt some spend with my Ink Preferred once my statement closes and I'm in a new billing cycle, to see if it's card specific. At this point, unless someone else has found a fix, the best I can hope for is that it just doesn't like my CSR.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by fauxreals
It is likely the 3 failed orders caused you to get banned. There's many datapoints on here of this.
Thank you for the info. I'm surprised (and very disappointed) if that's the case. Wouldn't customer service know that I'm banned? Are there any options to create a new account, or do they go by name and billing address, so unless those have changed, I'm out of luck?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:11 pm

It is likely the 3 failed orders caused you to get banned. There's many datapoints on here of this.
My sister has been banned and no combination of changing name, billing address/shipping address and creaeting new accounts has resolved anything for her. I think most people just give up and move to other sources. If you're able to resolve it, I know that sharing your experience here would be useful to many.
If this theory is correct that being overly persistent & impatient can trigger a ban, shouldn't we try something completely different?
For example, let's not log in, submit orders, change names, or anything else for several weeks or a month. Then test if you're still banned with a single small order attempt. If unsuccessful, do not sign in for another month. If the ban is lifted, proceed cautiously at conservative intervals.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:55 am

GCM customer service is absolutely useless. I dont know of anyone who has actually been helped by them. My sister has been banned and no combination of changing name, billing address/shipping address and creaeting new accounts has resolved anything for her. I think most people just give up and move to other sources. If you're able to resolve it, I know that sharing your experience here would be useful to many.
Does anyone have a suggestion of the next best thing for cashback? Are there any alternatives to GCM that will cover the costs of the cards/MOs with the cashback? My early runs at numbers with GC.com show a slight loss on each transaction. Or if you get banned from GCM you are in the world of being net negative on MS?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mactrader
Does anyone have a suggestion of the next best thing for cashback? Are there any alternatives to GCM that will cover the costs of the cards/MOs with the cashback? My early runs at numbers with GC.com show a slight loss on each transaction. Or if you get banned from GCM you are in the world of being net negative on MS?
Most people don't even use cash back portals when MSing, so a net negative isn't really an issue, since you should be making a profit with points/cashback.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Most people don't even use cash back portals when MSing, so a net negative isn't really an issue, since you should be making a profit with points/cashback.
My goal is to be at best cost neutral for out of pocket costs. I understand that overall it's economic with the value of the points but that doesn't mean that I have plenty of budget cash flow to throw at points generation either.

That did get me thinking though, of bringing cash back cards as a portion of my mix in order to offset the out of pocket costs. I haven't run the numbers but surely doing 10-15K spend for mileage programs and 5K spend on a cash back should make it positive cash flow.

Thanks for planting the seed.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.