Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mactrader
For those of you who use two GCM accounts on your topcashback, do you spread out the purchases between the two accounts? I am finding that whenever I try to create another order (am doing back to back at the moment) my wife's account gets a denial when submitting the order. Then it'll work a few days later.
Assuming you're talking about a GCM denial, are you using the same browser/cookies for both GCM orders back to back? If yes I'd advice not to.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Assuming you're talking about a GCM denial, are you using the same browser/cookies for both GCM orders back to back? If yes I'd advice not to.
Nope, different browsers on different computers. I remote into my office computer to do it.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:58 pm

Dealing with GCM can be so effing stressful: Order placed on the 10th, shipped on the 14th and received today March 21st. However order placed on the 6th, supposedly shipped on the 10th still hasn't arrived!
GCM tells me to wait another 8 business days before they proceed with the refund measures...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MaxVO
They will not work at P.O.'s, but can be used to buy money orders at Walmarts -- if the specific location allows it. Some WMT locations require that your cards have a printed name that matches your ID. Since you can customize your cards from GCM, they'd be ideal for such locations.
Excellent explanation MaxVO! Thanks a million. I really appreciate it.

I'm doing MO at Walmart with Simon VGC's, but I want to try GCM with TCB portal to cover my cost a little better.

Great!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by mactrader
Nope, different browsers on different computers. I remote into my office computer to do it.
...and now my order on my account was cancelled. Lovely.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:46 pm

is it a good sign that someone left me a voice mail to confirm my order?

I called back and confirmed the details.

My previous orders have automatically been cancelled within a few hours of ordering.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:42 pm

It looks like TopCashBack is in financial trouble.They are not paying on time anymore...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
It looks like TopCashBack is in financial trouble.They are not paying on time anymore...
That's a bold claim to make unless you know more than just the fact that they seem to be a little slow right now.

On a separate note, I tried to add a new card to GCM today. I previously used this card to spend $2k at a Simon mall, so I know it works for moderately high dollar transactions. I tried an order for both $1k and $1.5k, no luck. Kept getting the same error message saying the data I entered was wrong or the bank declined the transaction. But I never got a call from Chase about the transactions. I called GCM and the woman was not very helpful, but she did offer to escalate it to level 2 customer service at GCM. Obviously I'd rather figure out what's going on through GCM before asking a Chase rep to review my account and approve transactions at GCM. Anyone else ever encounter this?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
is it a good sign that someone left me a voice mail to confirm my order?

I called back and confirmed the details.

My previous orders have automatically been cancelled within a few hours of ordering.
Why would that be a good sign? Not necessarily ominous, just that something about your order (or recent orders) triggered their system to stop auto-processing and having a human verify to make sure the transaction wasn't fraudulent.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
That's a bold claim to make unless you know more than just the fact that they seem to be a little slow right now.

On a separate note, I tried to add a new card to GCM today. I previously used this card to spend $2k at a Simon mall, so I know it works for moderately high dollar transactions. I tried an order for both $1k and $1.5k, no luck. Kept getting the same error message saying the data I entered was wrong or the bank declined the transaction. But I never got a call from Chase about the transactions. I called GCM and the woman was not very helpful, but she did offer to escalate it to level 2 customer service at GCM. Obviously I'd rather figure out what's going on through GCM before asking a Chase rep to review my account and approve transactions at GCM. Anyone else ever encounter this?
Happened to me a couple of times. The transactions do appear on the CC side though. When that happens, I tether from my phone, and the order goes through.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:40 am

We have 2 GCM accounts and I was using Chrome Incognito to place orders for my husband, but now both accounts seem to be blocked. I always used the same cc. I have been trying to place orders for 10 days and both accounts are getting the message:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

I will try again next week. I feel like my IP address is probably blocked.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl
Cashback from other retailers is posting fast for me (less than a month), it's only GCM that takes forever. I think it's on GCM's end, not TCB.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
We have 2 GCM accounts and I was using Chrome Incognito to place orders for my husband, but now both accounts seem to be blocked. I always used the same cc. I have been trying to place orders for 10 days and both accounts are getting the message:

I will try again next week. I feel like my IP address is probably blocked.
I have the same issue and have been doing the same process for a very short period of time. Even if I use a different CC I get the error. I spoke with GCM today for some cards that haven't been received yet and brought this up, they blamed our financial institution, which doesn't make much sense to me. I did get an order cancelled and that was when I am getting blocked 100% now. I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens but starting to feel like I'm banned.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar
Cashback from other retailers is posting fast for me (less than a month), it's only GCM that takes forever. I think it's on GCM's end, not TCB.
Ding Ding Ding!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Why would that be a good sign? Not necessarily ominous, just that something about your order (or recent orders) triggered their system to stop auto-processing and having a human verify to make sure the transaction wasn't fraudulent.
I've never had an order go through. Most of my orders were automatically cancelled aftwr a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.