Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by mactrader
I did get an order cancelled and that was when I am getting blocked 100% now. I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens but starting to feel like I'm banned.
Perhaps the $15K /30day trailing limit is per family or address, not per person. So anyone attempting to bypass it is getting banned. Any DP's to the contrary?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Perhaps the $15K /30day trailing limit is per family or address, not per person. So anyone attempting to bypass it is getting banned. Any DP's to the contrary?
I was $11.5K in 30 days and I appear to be banned. I am the only one in my household ms'ing.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by tontod
I was $11.5K in 30 days and I appear to be banned. I am the only one in my household ms'ing.
$8K in on the 30 days between two accounts.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by mactrader
$8K in on the 30 days between two accounts.
May I ask why you needed 2 accounts then? If your payment is under a family member's name, you can simply change the name on the account during the checkout.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude
Happened to me a couple of times. The transactions do appear on the CC side though. When that happens, I tether from my phone, and the order goes through.
I'm not 100% familiar with tethering, but you're saying that you connect your laptop (I'm assuming) to your data equipped cell phone via a USB cable, and then send the order to GCM over the cellular network's data connection? Or do you take the simpler approach, and go from TCB to GCM on your phone, and then submit the order from your phone?

If you're actually tethering, can you elaborate on how you do this? Mac or PC, iPhone or Android, 3rd party software used, etc.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
May I ask why you needed 2 accounts then? If your payment is under a family member's name, you can simply change the name on the account during the checkout.
I was simply preparing to ramp up. I had full intentions of hitting the $15k/account before the rolling 30 days was up. I did ONE transaction in my wife's account that was delivered of that $8K before getting the error when I tried to make her second one.

I probably should have just waited until I hit $15K on the first one before moving to the next... C'est la vie.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
I'm not 100% familiar with tethering, but you're saying that you connect your laptop (I'm assuming) to your data equipped cell phone via a USB cable, and then send the order to GCM over the cellular network's data connection? Or do you take the simpler approach, and go from TCB to GCM on your phone, and then submit the order from your phone?

If you're actually tethering, can you elaborate on how you do this? Mac or PC, iPhone or Android, 3rd party software used, etc.
who uses usb cables these days?

Tethering is wireless, your cell plans need to have it.

No software needed. Its native on most phones.

Its called hotspot on android at least on mine
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:11 pm

On your mobile device, go to "Settings" - "Wireless & Networks" - "More Settings", then enable either USB Tethering or Mobile Hotspot. For your purpose, using a USB cable is much simpler & secure without having to mess with encryption and passwords.
This process gets you a different IP address from your home network without a VPN.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:58 pm

Yes, your phone/carrier needs to have a tether/hotspot option enabled, then connect your computer to your phone through wifi/usb/bluetooth and share the 4G/LTE connection. It's cross platform (Mac/Linux/Windows -> Android/iPhone).
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:41 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Travelz

I will try again next week. I feel like my IP address is probably blocked.
I tried using Safari on my phone and it worked, so it might be a browser issue. I am back in business!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:19 pm

Delivered again today with an unsealed envelope.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
I tried using Safari on my phone and it worked, so it might be a browser issue. I am back in business!
Don't get too excited, TCB is not paying.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
Don't get too excited, TCB is not paying.
I got paid today from TCB on an order placed on January 18th, please don't spread misinformation.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I got paid today from TCB on an order placed on January 18th, please don't spread misinformation.
Oh really? I didn't get paid since January 15th. If I say that does it mean I am spreading misinformation?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Why would TCB pay you for a purchase made on January 18th and not for my purchases on January 15th. It doesn't make sense. You're the one spreading misinformation. Not cool, Java

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.