Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Joshy119
A certain card paying 3x points on GCM vs GC.com
Citi At&t Access More, 3x for online purchase.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
Citi At&t Access More, 3x for online purchase.
lest anyone get excited about this CC, it's NLA and has AF of $95 IINM, for those who still have this card.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
lest anyone get excited about this CC, it's NLA and has AF of $95 IINM, for those who still have this card.
And it gives 10k anniversary points.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:08 am

Getting the transaction not completed error again. Definitely under 15K for rolling 30 days. Last time I waited a few more days and it self resolved.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Getting the transaction not completed error again. Definitely under 15K for rolling 30 days. Last time I waited a few more days and it self resolved.
im getting the same error.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by briang191
im getting the same error.
I have never encountered any issues, but I am wondering if anyone has systematically compiled data points to try to better understand GCM's "random" security.

There are a lot of factors that would be interesting: (i) velocity on prior successful orders, (ii) number of cards used on prior successful orders, (iii) number of billing addresses on various cards used on prior orders, (iv) prior level of activity through other GCM sources (e.g., Staples, Simon online, Simon in-mall), (v) consistency of IP address on GCM orders, (vi) use of VPN, (vii) amount of unused balances on prior successful orders from GCM, etc.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by esdot
I have never encountered any issues, but I am wondering if anyone has systematically compiled data points to try to better understand GCM's "random" security.

There are a lot of factors that would be interesting: (i) velocity on prior successful orders, (ii) number of cards used on prior successful orders, (iii) number of billing addresses on various cards used on prior orders, (iv) prior level of activity through other GCM sources (e.g., Staples, Simon online, Simon in-mall), (v) consistency of IP address on GCM orders, (vi) use of VPN, (vii) amount of unused balances on prior successful orders from GCM, etc.

i would love to know as well. GCM seems to want to restrict customers from buying in volume. My spending trend is $1500 per order spread over 30 rolling days. I personally purchase on my home pc or iPhone.

Same cc. I only do purchase from GC.com using the same cc.

Last edited by briang191; Mar 12, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by briang191
i would love to know as well. GCM seems to want to restrict customers from buying in volume. My spending trend is $1500 per order spread over 30 rolling days. I personally purchase on my home pc or iPhone.
I've done at work before plenty of times and it routes through a proxy so I don't think there is any check on IP. My guess is its frequency, volume, etc. I think I had 3 last week so maybe that's why it denied me.

Anyone use separate accounts for home/work?

I always wonder if GCM is making or losing money on us. Seems like it has to be a loss at GCM, but maybe a profit at GC.com?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:52 am
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by fauxreals
I'm not sure they're restricting. I buy $7500 biweekly for past half year now. No issues.
In a single orders?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by fauxreals
I'm not sure they're restricting. I buy $7500 biweekly for past half year now. No issues.
GCM probably has some auto-flags set up for increased velocity and/or volume of orders, i.e. x % increase in y or less nr of days. If so it wouldn't affect you, especially if they set up those flags after you went full throttle or if those flags are also conditioned upon other variables, like zip codes etc.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:14 am

I've done at work before plenty of times and it routes through a proxy so I don't think there is any check on IP.
The only time I received a call was when I was logged into my work vpn. They asked if I was travelling. I said no, guessed that they saw the last transaction was from a different IP, asked if it showed up as my work HQ location, and volunteered that I was on a work vpn. They said that makes sense and all was good. That ended up being the quickest order I ever received.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:39 am

I always get a pop-up window on my iPad asking if GCM can check on my location. This is why I only place orders from my home or work but never when traveling. I think it's related to the IP address if orders get approved or not.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl
I always get a pop-up window on my iPad asking if GCM can check on my location. This is why I only place orders from my home or work but never when traveling. I think it's related to the IP address if orders get approved or not.
Its definitely not related to IP. My work is always shifting around IP addresses and my only declines have been when I'm at home. That said after I get a decline I try and wait a few days to see if it clears out.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:55 am

Its definitely not related to IP. My work is always shifting around IP addresses and my only declines have been when I'm at home. That said after I get a decline I try and wait a few days to see if it clears out.
When you change ip the location will not change but your home ip will change your location for sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.