Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by brody24
I placed an order on April 2, and another on April 4. The April 4 order just arrived today, but no sign of the April 2 order. Is it normal or out of the ordinary that a slightly later order arrive first? Wasn't sure if its something to call them about, since I hope the April 2 order isn't lost or something (though its still totally within the expected shipping range).
Not too often, but it does happen. I got an order from early April, yet to get the order from late March (over two weeks ago), will probably give them a call if I don't see it coming in the next couple of days.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Not too often, but it does happen. I got an order from early April, yet to get the order from late March (over two weeks ago), will probably give them a call if I don't see it coming in the next couple of days.
The April 2 order was actually my first order ever placed with GCM. And the next day, they called me to verify certain info. So I'm thinking that may have delayed the whole process by a bit. So the order I placed just 2 days later (which involved no confirmation) ended up coming first. My guess is that the confirmation at the front end likely delayed things a bit. But who knows.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Bought after the change to 1%, and 2% showed up as pending today.
Same. Ordered 4/10 and posted today as 2%.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:05 am

4/11 tracked at 2% as usual.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:44 pm

I've seen a few people say to avoid GiftCardMall purchases with the AMEX SPG Biz card. Said AMEX is more sensitive to MS (especially when its kind of blatant with the GCM purchases). Any truth to this? Do they become less sensitive to it once you are past the min spend requirement?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:54 pm

I've seen a few people say to avoid GiftCardMall purchases with the AMEX SPG Biz card. Said AMEX is more sensitive to MS (especially when its kind of blatant with the GCM purchases). Any truth to this? Do they become less sensitive to it once you are past the min spend requirement?
MSed the **** out of both personal and biz SPGs, so far so good.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
MSed the **** out of both personal and biz SPGs, so far so good.
I figured that, so long as I'm not constantly cycling CL, or spending at a level that is so clearly beyond my income means, etc., that its almost certainly not going to be an issue. But I'm just the worrying type so figured I'd ask around.

Last edited by brody24; Apr 12, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:37 pm

I have got the initial approval (and notification on apple pay), then a subsequent cancellation when using my SPG biz - no alerts/fraud concern from AMEX. Switched to CSP and all good. I just figured GCM doesn't like AMEX.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by makelab
I have got the initial approval (and notification on apple pay), then a subsequent cancellation when using my SPG biz - no alerts/fraud concern from AMEX. Switched to CSP and all good. I just figured GCM doesn't like AMEX.
Hmm thats odd. I used SPG Biz for first time recently on a GCM purchase and had no issues. The only time I ever had an issue was for my very first GCM purchase (on my CSR), where they just needed to call and verify certain details before it could go through.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Have you received your order yet? My order on 3/29 still no where to be found.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by esplove
Have you received your order yet? My order on 3/29 still no where to be found.
Not yet.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:06 am

The April 2 order was actually my first order ever placed with GCM. And the next day, they called me to verify certain info. So I'm thinking that may have delayed the whole process by a bit. So the order I placed just 2 days later (which involved no confirmation) ended up coming first. My guess is that the confirmation at the front end likely delayed things a bit. But who knows.
Ended up receiving my April 2 order a day after I received the April 4 order, just FYI.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Weird variable website response based upon sign-in. I have 3 logins (one for 3 members of the family including myself). These log ins work. I tried creating an account for a 4th member and I got the welcome email but both IE and chrome time out while trying to login with those login credentials. I can reload, and immediately login with the other credentials. It is like there is a select denial of service for the 4th credentials. Anyone experience this?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Feb 3rd orders from GCM went confirmed (tracked at 2%), January 14th have been confirmed but not payable for a few weeks now (tracked at 2.5%)!
January 14th is finally payable (Hi Zgirl!): this one transaction was confirmed for the longest time and while newer orders have been confirmed and payable that one was not!
I suspect something to do with the higher than usual tracking at 2.5%
Anyway, except for that one problematic order, GCM/TCB combo has been good to me
JCD
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:56 pm

Gcm and TCB

So I know majority of people use TCB... anyone know how often they run cashback bonus'. Seems like Amex is either 3% or 6% bonus. From people who use TCB a bunch is this a quarterly thing? Figured I can just venmo agc to friend and cash out. I appreciate the help in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.