FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

Amex For Children Of Africa Feb 12, 2017 11:11 am

Originally Posted by rrayon (Post 27897405)
Hi, I'm starting out, and I wanted to deposit my MO's directly into my CitiAAdvantage with Citibank branch. Would I have a problem or better to deposit all at my bank, and then pay online via Citi website?:confused:

Both ways should work

deedszilla Feb 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Double DP:

On 2/13 I was able to successfully mobile deposit 499.21 into Keybank checking account.

On 2/14 I was also able to successfully mobile deposit 999.21 into US Bank business checking account.^

Superorb Feb 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by deedszilla (Post 27914811)
Double DP:

On 2/13 I was able to successfully mobile deposit 499.21 into Keybank checking account.

On 2/14 I was also able to successfully mobile deposit 999.21 into US Bank business checking account.^

Thanks for the data points. What kind of money orders did you deposit?

Welcome to FT :)

parrots Feb 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by TheJerm (Post 27887540)
More mobile deposit DPs:

* Northpointe: Doesn't take USPS, got it to take a $1K MG once but haven't been able to repeat- it can't read amount
* Alden CU: Takes USPS and MG. Posts after 2 business days.
* Star One CU: Takes USPS and MG. Posts immediately. $200K daily limit.
* Tech CU: Haven't tested but it appears they're using the same deposit system as Star One.

Hi. Please let me know if any MOs work with Tech CU, if any, once you have tried any out. I would really appreciate the DP.

:)

I'm debating whether or not to close the account as I've recently got vested in the $150 checking bonus and no longer have much of a need for the account any more.

deedszilla Feb 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 27915554)
Thanks for the data points. What kind of money orders did you deposit?

Welcome to FT :)

Thanks!

Yeah I should have added that... they were Western Union from Fred Meyer.

Superorb Feb 16, 2017 9:12 am

Originally Posted by deedszilla (Post 27915851)
Thanks!

Yeah I should have added that... they were Western Union from Fred Meyer.

Thanks. Let us know once they post to your account.

deedszilla Feb 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 27917550)
Thanks. Let us know once they post to your account.

Both have already posted. Keybank took 24 hours. Us Bank $200 was available immediately (I deposited at 7pm) and the next morning the balance was available.

Superorb Feb 17, 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by deedszilla (Post 27920453)
Both have already posted. Keybank took 24 hours. Us Bank $200 was available immediately (I deposited at 7pm) and the next morning the balance was available.

^

focal2x Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm

I tried to deposit my USPS MO without success with Penfed this morning because it could not read the amount. Penfed CS offered me to send my MO to the nearest processing station which is in Oregon. I just ended up depositing it to my other citi account.

TheJerm Feb 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by parrots (Post 27915702)
Hi. Please let me know if any MOs work with Tech CU, if any, once you have tried any out. I would really appreciate the DP.

:)

I'm debating whether or not to close the account as I've recently got vested in the $150 checking bonus and no longer have much of a need for the account any more.

I'm in the process of opening an account with them, will post back later.

mactrader Feb 28, 2017 2:03 pm

I see that Clearview Federal Credit Union is listed as a bank that accepts Money Orders via ATM as well as by app. In my area, they only have the Co-op network ATMs available for deposits. Does anyone have any experience depositing Money Orders into Co-Op network (or other CU network) ATMs or is it a grab bag based on the individual credit union?

nicksterbixter Feb 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by mactrader (Post 27971147)
I see that Clearview Federal Credit Union is listed as a bank that accepts Money Orders via ATM as well as by app. In my area, they only have the Co-op network ATMs available for deposits. Does anyone have any experience depositing Money Orders into Co-Op network (or other CU network) ATMs or is it a grab bag based on the individual credit union?

I have experience with a CU that accepts ATM MO deposits, but a shared co-op branch ATM I tested did not work. Granted this is a limited DP, so idk if it's a bank-by-bank YMMV, but I'd also love to see some more DP before I drive all over testing out every co-op ATM I can find. Could very well just be the one shared bank I found doesn't accept ATM MO deposits

mactrader Mar 1, 2017 4:23 am

Originally Posted by nicksterbixter (Post 27973080)
I have experience with a CU that accepts ATM MO deposits, but a shared co-op branch ATM I tested did not work. Granted this is a limited DP, so idk if it's a bank-by-bank YMMV, but I'd also love to see some more DP before I drive all over testing out every co-op ATM I can find. Could very well just be the one shared bank I found doesn't accept ATM MO deposits

Thanks, I'd like to offer more DPs for you but just realized through the application process that I'm not overtly eligible. Are you in the SW PA area or did you qualify by donating to an organization in their area like other CUs allow you to do? I may just indicate that I volunteer/worship/etc something in that groups of counties but didn't know how well they followed up on that.

raceman94 Mar 2, 2017 5:24 pm

Been using Simple for about a 1.5 years so far with no issues. However, I should note that I usually only deposit about 1 to 2 MOs a month for less than 1K and I try to use the debit card a few times a week as well.

Superorb Mar 2, 2017 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by raceman94 (Post 27982758)
Been using Simple for about a 1.5 years so far with no issues. However, I should note that I usually only deposit about 1 to 2 MOs a month for less than 1K and I try to use the debit card a few times a week as well.

Less than $1k in MOs a month? That's pretty much a statistical zero. I doubt any bank would have problems with numbers that low.