FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

cdog999 Apr 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Anyone try depositing to BMO Harris at an Allpoint ATM? Just opened a checking account for their $200 promotion

emmanuel_t Apr 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 28211500)
Anyone try depositing to BMO Harris at an Allpoint ATM? Just opened a checking account for their $200 promotion

Deposits generally only work at the bank's own ATMs.

ymarker Apr 22, 2017 9:52 pm

I tried to deposit a walmart MO (MG) for 999.30 through WF mobile deposit but it kept saying amounts don't match. I guess this is why most deposit through the ATM? Anyways I fell back to DCU mobile deposit and it worked like a charm. Ofcourse the big question is if DCU will axe me now, considering the shutdown reports. Hopefully the less than 1k / month is enough to fly under the radar? I'd hate to lose DCU.

EDIT: So a WU MO (from kroger) deposited just fine to WF via the app. Seems to be an issue just with WM MO's depositing to WF via app.

danhouston Apr 26, 2017 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Quimby4 (Post 28200540)
Deposited one $500 MoneyGram MO to Bank of America via Mobile. Cleared this morning.

Not sure if this is enough to update Wiki, kind of a newbie here.

didn't know BoA mobile app takes MG MO, will give it a try tomorrow

abcdenisse Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Travelchurner (Post 28166064)
I deposit 4.5k - 8k a quarter to Schwab. No issues so far.

What kind of Schwab account is it? The wiki says it depends on the account, I have an Investor Checking account and am wondering if i can do the same. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I'm very new to this.

Superorb Apr 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by abcdenisse (Post 28233201)
What kind of Schwab account is it? The wiki says it depends on the account, I have an Investor Checking account and am wondering if i can do the same. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I'm very new to this.

Schwab only has one kind of checking account.

CWAL Apr 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Just as a DP and two answer two people:

Schwab shut me down after ~30k/month for a 3-4 month period. Investment balances were ~100k. Account was over 20yrs old.

abcdenisse Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 28233353)
Schwab only has one kind of checking account.

:o now I understand...

hotttoddie Apr 27, 2017 9:26 am

DP : my SO didnt want to deposit a MO in the Capital One 360 atm, after they found out the app would not work. Called CapOne360 and the lady said to mail it in. The MO cleared deposit after ~3 days.

oopl Apr 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL (Post 28233672)
Just as a DP and two answer two people:

Schwab shut me down after ~30k/month for a 3-4 month period. Investment balances were ~100k. Account was over 20yrs old.

So your brokerage account was shut down also?

CWAL Apr 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 28238198)
So your brokerage account was shut down also?

Yes

sbft77 Apr 27, 2017 5:07 pm

I wonder if it's the MOs they care about, or just the transferring money in and out instead of investing it (and maybe they'd also shut people down for doing ACHs in and out, without MOs being involved; I vaguely remember that brokerages don't like a lot of transfers in and out).

I've been depositing smaller amounts of MOs to Schwab and sometimes investing that money. Though, that doesn't scale to large amounts (unless you happen to want to invest a large amount).

sbft77 Apr 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Were you transferring the money out very soon after it was available, or leaving it there for a couple weeks?

CWAL Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbft77 (Post 28238660)
Were you transferring the money out very soon after it was available, or leaving it there for a couple weeks?

This was at a point when I didn't have enough float to meet my velocity needs, so yes, it was in and out much too fast.

Superorb Apr 28, 2017 9:46 am

I got a hard pull from Schwab a few weeks ago fo no good reason. I was using it as a hub account and had very high transfers in December/January, but then end of February I did a few small transfers as usual and got the hard pull. Still fighting to get that removed. Some automatic algorithm triggered the HP and nobody there can tell me why. I've moved all my activity to a CU. I don't need a checking account doing HPs for no reason.