FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

GoldenMonkey34 Jul 22, 2017 10:17 pm

:(

Originally Posted by financialhippie (Post 28594180)
Yes, or you can always just make multiple payments.

...or not pay in full and let interest accumulate, spiraling into debt and the terror of servitude to the banks. I suggest the first option :D

Lol the first option defiantly seems more appealing. But wont chase find it suspicious that i'm paying my cc bill out of multiple bank accounts? or at least that's what ive heard. i don't plan on doing an major MS, maybe 2k a month to meet the minimum spends

perkunas Jul 23, 2017 7:27 am

Originally Posted by GoldenMonkey34 (Post 28593194)
After doing extensive research throughout the various threads i believe i finally have the knowledge available to dip into some small MS to start off, but i do have one question:

I was looking at opening a WF account to deposit my MO in order to keep it separate from my personal checking account through SEFCU, but after i get the MO deposits should i then pay my cc bill directly through WF or withdrawal the money and deposit it into my SECFU account then proceed to pay the cc bill through there? Since I'm also doing organic spending on these cards, paying the bill through WF would mean i would need to transfer money from SEFCU to my WF account to cover that organic spending in order to pay it in full.

I only use a single bank acct to pay my Chase CCs. Bank Z always pays Chase Ink, Bank Y always pays CSR/United/Freedom. I only do 1 payment per month to be safe, usually right before the subsequent stmt closes.

For AmEx and USB, I'll have months where I make partial payments from 2-3 different bank accts, and in the span of a year I might pay from 5-6 different accounts.

silvervknight Jul 24, 2017 12:01 am

MO deposit to Bank of America

Any issue with depositing money order at Bank of America? It's not one of my regular banks but I don't want to lose relationship with such a big bank that I can open CCs in the future. I did $500-$1000 in the last few months and haven't run across any issue. I don't plan to do more than $1000 a month.
I usually pay my Chase CC with online Bank D so BofA is simply for transferring MO to Bank D.

lumangoy Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am

Originally Posted by silvervknight (Post 28599050)
Any issue with depositing money order at Bank of America? It's not one of my regular banks but I don't want to lose relationship with such a big bank that I can open CCs in the future. I did $500-$1000 in the last few months and haven't run across any issue. I don't plan to do more than $1000 a month.
I usually pay my Chase CC with online Bank D so BofA is simply for transferring MO to Bank D.

not me at ATMs. Sometimes I do 2k per visit 2-3 times per month. I try to space it out at least a week apart.

financialhippie Jul 25, 2017 10:12 am

Originally Posted by GoldenMonkey34 (Post 28594590)
:(

Lol the first option defiantly seems more appealing. But wont chase find it suspicious that i'm paying my cc bill out of multiple bank accounts? or at least that's what ive heard. i don't plan on doing an major MS, maybe 2k a month to meet the minimum spends

I can only speak from personal experience, but I haven't had any issues with multiple payments at any of my card issuers yet (including Chase). I've been doing small-scale MS across all my Chase cards for the past 2 years, though I don't have any UR-earning cards (maybe that's the fear of multiple payment accounts?).

If I were you, I'd just move some money from the first bank to your MS bank to keep the payments simple if you're worried about it. You can do this a few ways:
  • Write a check from Bank 1 to yourself, deposit into MS Bank, pay Chase
  • Same as above, but with cash if available.
  • Transfer money from Bank 1 to MS Bank (make sure they don't have fees or at least not for the low volume you'll be transferring).
  • If anyone pays you via Venmo for anything, transfer the Venmo money out into the MS Bank, and you'll have a bit extra to cover the fees.
  • If you're buying the gift cards through a portal (I use TCB), have the portal payout to your MS Bank. You will have to float for the first month or two until funds become payable, but then you should be in decent shape, just have to keep an eye on timing and cashflow.

t325 Jul 26, 2017 10:31 am

Does anyone know if MOs can be mobile deposited with M&T, specifically, Western Union MOs?

pharmawalk Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by perkunas (Post 28518435)
@ymarker: any update? Have you deposited additional MOs either via mobile app or ATM?

I got flagged for mobile app MO deposit yesterday. My WF account is ~3 months old with minimal activity. I deposited 2x$500 WUMOs and today I see a message saying that the money is being held til 7/7.

Is this normal or do I need to be careful about any additional MO deposits for the next few weeks? And would it be okay to take other MOs to deposit via ATM rather than the app?

That's pretty normal IMO for WF.

LearninghowtoMS Aug 4, 2017 4:00 pm

Just another DP to confirm what others have discussed already (I did a bunch of searches in this thread and the 2014-2016 thread).

I am able deposit a WU MO at a Capital One ATM at Target into my Capital One 360 account. First try, it rejected my check. I then just inserted it again and it worked. Going to start slowly with CapOne360 and build my way up in dep.

nudave Aug 10, 2017 9:36 am

Attempting to deposit a MG MO with mobile WF. Seems like its a no go. Says the amount read doesn't match entry.

Any tips or DP on MG MO and WF?

perkunas Aug 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by nudave (Post 28672516)

Welcome to FT.

Ya gotta read the thread and wiki. ^

Since I'm from ROC originally, PM me if you have specific questions and I'll do my best to help.

perkunas Aug 14, 2017 11:47 am

deleted. atm glitch

el_pistolero Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

Can I deposit a money order though the bank of america App?

lumangoy Aug 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by el_pistolero (Post 28702755)

Doesnt work for me with WUs

vacaloca Aug 20, 2017 6:48 am

Originally Posted by nudave (Post 28672516)
Attempting to deposit a MG MO with mobile WF. Seems like its a no go. Says the amount read doesn't match entry.

Didn't work for me either today, and lighting / MO print was good. Believe WU MO is what works for WF, and even then they might flag it.

dmac1418 Aug 20, 2017 7:01 am

Originally Posted by el_pistolero (Post 28702755)

WU don't work.