FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

winterpeas Jan 3, 2018 11:35 pm

Did two lmcu wm mg deposits.

Wiki said large volume will lead to shutdown.
Meaning unable to do mobile deposit or checking account shutdown?
Large volume is around how much?

ChrisFlyer66 Jan 4, 2018 7:46 am

Originally Posted by winterpeas (Post 29247790)
Did two lmcu wm mg deposits.

Wiki said large volume will lead to shutdown.
Meaning unable to do mobile deposit or checking account shutdown?
Large volume is around how much?

It means your checking account will get shut down. Unfortunately, it is not easy to answer what is a "large volume". It depends on what bank among other factors.

vm81 Jan 4, 2018 1:58 pm

Any issues recently with BofA with money order deposits? Is $4k in a month too much. I dont deposit money orders in the bank often but just went little crazy...

Superorb Jan 4, 2018 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by vm81 (Post 29250527)
Any issues recently with BofA with money order deposits? Is $4k in a month too much. I dont deposit money orders in the bank often but just went little crazy...

Why risk it with one of the big banks? Get yourself a plentiful credit union account. That way if they shut you down you just go to another CU and open another checking account with them.

KDCAflyer Jan 5, 2018 8:36 pm

Kind of want to try this with USAA. Any recent experiences?

I wouldn't be doing anywhere near the reported shutdown volume. Just enough to help hit the DL MQD waiver.

Huzordaddy Jan 8, 2018 11:44 am

USAA will shut you down for too much money order deposits. And I value their other services like 2.5% cash back visa card and insurance to burn that bridge.

FrankMS Jan 8, 2018 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 29256191)
Kind of want to try this with USAA. Any recent experiences?

I wouldn't be doing anywhere near the reported shutdown volume. Just enough to help hit the DL MQD waiver.

When I opened my USAA account, one of the questions they asked me was if I intended on depositing money orders to my checking account.

FrequentFlyingMermaid Jan 12, 2018 8:06 am

DP: Blue Federal Credit Union doesn't read WM MG MOs

Used to do Walmart MO mobile deposit there but for the last few months issues with reading the amounts and thereby not depositing them.

guywhocan Jan 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by vm81 (Post 29250527)

At BOA, I mix in 50% MOs with 50% regular checks so that the MOs don't stick out and it is fine.

maxiet Jan 15, 2018 8:49 pm

I didn't see this in the Wiki, so I thought I'd add a DP. Simple holds money orders and checks for 9 business days for new accounts (<30 days old). Mobile deposit worked, but am still waiting for it to clear.

ChuckMango Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Have been doing some MO's with WF, does anyone know if they shut down friendly?

hamokmonky Jan 19, 2018 5:05 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango (Post 29310967)
Have been doing some MO's with WF, does anyone know if they shut down friendly?

yes they are very friendly with shutting you down :)

h4xdaplanet Jan 19, 2018 11:38 am

Originally Posted by maxiet (Post 29297762)
I didn't see this in the Wiki, so I thought I'd add a DP. Simple holds money orders and checks for 9 business days for new accounts (<30 days old). Mobile deposit worked, but am still waiting for it to clear.

Good to know, just opened a Simple account last week.

gumercindo Jan 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Don't see a lot of DPs on NFCU. I was thinking of using this as my primary MO bank but wanted to do a bit of due diligence on it first.
Also, I know people like the anonymity of the ATM and mobile deposits but do folks really get a hard time for going in branch to deposit MOs?

TheJerm Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Done $20K ATM on WF before over 1 month.

Tried CEFCU but mobile deposit limits are low three figures, and ATM access requires a hard pull.

Any CO-OP ATM should work.

Never had Simple mobile deposits working. I used to do mail deposits to them but in one case they misplaced my letter and took over 3 weeks to add the funds.