FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

tsmith12 Nov 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by pancakeman27 (Post 29057809)
Gotcha - Yeah I'm trying trying to find a place that won't mind 3-4K per month and will accept MG MO's since I'm a WM guy. I thought UFB was great, but didn't see the earlier shut down report.

I'm hoping Citizens will work or a credit union around here. And I think I'll just stick to ATMs - hopefully I will lie lower that way. Ofcourse I prefer mobile deposit, but I don't know of any that work for MG MO's without the doctoring up the MO for the photo (which I want to avoid).

3-4K at Schwab shouldn't be a problem, and you can use their app to deposit WMT MO.

pancakeman27 Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12 (Post 29058332)
3-4K at Schwab shouldn't be a problem, and you can use their app to deposit WMT MO.

Ok - Thanks for the update! I'll go to them if my local options fall through.

touristtrap Nov 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL (Post 29055620)
Schwab isn't the best choice for longevity.

I would suggest one makes sure MOs come from the same place (store) as they inquired about it.
Received 2 calls so far for "mortar deposits" to my investment account.
However, depositing to my investment account and not withdrawing.

dommer Dec 4, 2017 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by vgtest1980 (Post 28729819)
SunTrust allows all MO's via ATM. Just the mobile app doesn't allow MG MO's

Does Suntrust still allow for WM MG MO?

vgtest1980 Dec 6, 2017 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by dommer (Post 29134762)
Does Suntrust still allow for WM MG MO?

yes it does. I just deposited one last week via ATM

NBG007 Dec 9, 2017 2:14 pm

DP: A little known bank in Northeast PA called Meridian Bank allows MO via mobile deposit. First time tried with WU MO and worked. Has to be customer for 60+ days to use Mobile Deposit. The following is not allowed per their terms.

Checks not payable to the account holder
Third party endorsed checks
Checks that contain language such as "payable through" or "payable at"
Travelers checks
Post dated checks
Stale dated checks (more than 180 days old or exceeds restrictions specified on check)
Checks for which the payee name differs from the name on the account
Foreign checks

NDS88 Dec 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Any recent experience with Walmart Money Orders via Mobile Deposit? Mine is *very light* printing on a pale blue-ish front, tried Chase / WF / Schwab, no luck with any - Chase said can't take this type, Schwab/WF kept complaining about photos. Is receipt stub supposed to stay on or be pulled off? Thought the latter.

Superorb Dec 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by NDS88 (Post 29171581)
Any recent experience with Walmart Money Orders via Mobile Deposit? Mine is *very light* printing on a pale blue-ish front, tried Chase / WF / Schwab, no luck with any - Chase said can't take this type, Schwab/WF kept complaining about photos. Is receipt stub supposed to stay on or be pulled off? Thought the latter.

NEVER deposit MOs into Chase accounts. Ever. Period.

tsmith12 Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am

Originally Posted by NDS88 (Post 29171581)

Receipt stub gets taken off. You can always go to the branch and deposit in person/ATM. The times the ink was really light the teller manually scribbled the amount on the MO and deposited/applied towards CC payment. At the ATM you just manually enter the amount.

tsmith12 Dec 15, 2017 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 29171898)
NEVER deposit MOs into Chase accounts. Ever. Period.

I know Chase can be pretty uptight about certain things but "never ever" fear is ridiculous.

Superorb Dec 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12 (Post 29176410)
I know Chase can be pretty uptight about certain things but "never ever" fear is ridiculous.

No, it isn't. Have you spent any time in the "Chase closed my accounts" thread? Many people have gotten their accounts axed after depositing a single MO into their checking account. Coincidence? Maybe, but why take the chance when there are tons of credit unions everywhere?

pancakeman27 Dec 17, 2017 7:36 am

DP - Citizens bank does NOT allow MO deposit via ATM. Bummer - but I may just keep using their drive up teller - seems easy enough.

Rommie2k6 Dec 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Is Simple Bank still working for MO deposits? I tried a while back and it didn't work.

temporarilypoor Dec 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Si.mple still works

vbnet Dec 31, 2017 5:50 pm

What % of your monthly deposits are MO?