FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

raceman94 Feb 21, 2024 3:06 am

Originally Posted by LukFilm (Post 36017175)
I just did a mobile deposit with "mobile deposit prohibited" at SoFi and it worked.

Good to know they haven't changed yet.

tomprc Feb 24, 2024 10:27 pm

i deposit in person. always the last resort.

808traveler Mar 9, 2024 3:29 am

Hi I just got shutdown for WF, and need some new banks for MO deposits, in the Southern Virginia area. Does anyone have any suggestions? This would be for the WU "mobile deposit not allowed" MOs.

- NFCU and BoA have been putting lengthy holds on my MO deposits, so that's not really working.
- Just tried PNC personal and also biz checking, waiting to see how that goes.
- In this area there's also Townebank, Fulton Bank, Truist, Chartway, Bayport, PenFed, Langley, Woodforest and idk what else.

Thank you in advance for your help.

GiraffeGlove Mar 10, 2024 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler (Post 36065693)
Hi I just got shutdown for WF, and need some new banks for MO deposits

Mind sharing what got you shutdown?

radonc1 Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by GiraffeGlove (Post 36069256)
Mind sharing what got you shutdown?

And please post the details in the Shutdown threat ;)

LukFilm Mar 14, 2024 9:23 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler (Post 36065693)
Hi I just got shutdown for WF, and need some new banks for MO deposits, in the Southern Virginia area. Does anyone have any suggestions? This would be for the WU "mobile deposit not allowed" MOs.

- NFCU and BoA have been putting lengthy holds on my MO deposits, so that's not really working.
- Just tried PNC personal and also biz checking, waiting to see how that goes.
- In this area there's also Townebank, Fulton Bank, Truist, Chartway, Bayport, PenFed, Langley, Woodforest and idk what else.

Thank you in advance for your help.

SoFi works great so far.

need a vacay Mar 14, 2024 10:49 am

I had been doing mine through my Amex business checking, until the mobile deposit not allowed checks have been spitting out. Now I just take mine to pay my real estate taxes directly.

mwillard1960 Mar 15, 2024 8:19 am

Originally Posted by LukFilm (Post 36079754)
SoFi works great so far.

Can someone define WF shutdown as mentioned here? Meaning bank shutdown your acct or online deposit no longer working. I deposit quite a bit through ATM and wonder if that is something to be worried about.

re: Originally Posted by 808traveler

radonc1 Mar 15, 2024 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by mwillard1960 (Post 36082489)
Can someone define WF shutdown as mentioned here? Meaning bank shutdown your acct or online deposit no longer working. I deposit quite a bit through ATM and wonder if that is something to be worried about.

re: Originally Posted by 808traveler

I suspect WF bank shuttered his demand deposit account...the one he was depositing his MOs into and then either pulling the money out to some other account or more likely using it to pay the CC bills generated by purchasing GCs.

Something he did, either money velocity in or out of the account, or exceeding the limits of that account (too many deposits or withdrawals) got WF security RATs involved, and that is never good. :(

IAHFRAGirl Mar 27, 2024 8:34 pm

Looking for additional banks to deposit the new WM MOs (mobile deposit prohibited). Considering the following banks which have ATMs in my area: Frost, Woodforest, First Convenience, Amegy, Comerica, First Financial, or Veritex. Any recent experiences?

Previously got MO deposits rejected at: PNC, Regions, UMB.

RK23 Mar 30, 2024 6:03 am

TD bank has let me deposit the WM MOs with the mobile deposit prohibited language.