FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819582-banks-allow-money-order-deposits-via-smartphone-atm-2017-onward.html)

flyertalker9867674 Jan 23, 2017 11:59 am

Originally Posted by beweiss6 (Post 27805106)
Currently I have a 5/3 and they have no issue with MO deposit from mobile app...I am a little limited per month. Can anyone suggest another bank that has a mobile app for MO deposit with 5k-15k limits per month? I live in Atlanta GA, anything local? Thank for you help, the data at the top of the thread seems to be a little bit dated.

Thanks!

did you even try to read the thread at all???

beweiss6 Jan 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld (Post 27806165)

I did try...I started on page 90....I basically read that there are tons of places that can't read the MO amounts. I also see that people are saying that certain banks are good for 2k-3k per month. Would you be willing to point me in the correct directions? I see you post a whole bunch so maybe you can help and offer me some insight. thank you in advance....

flyertalker9867674 Jan 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by beweiss6 (Post 27807149)
I did try...I started on page 90....I basically read that there are tons of places that can't read the MO amounts. I also see that people are saying that certain banks are good for 2k-3k per month. Would you be willing to point me in the correct directions? I see you post a whole bunch so maybe you can help and offer me some insight. thank you in advance....

read the wiki. almost everything is right there.

Stgermainparis Jan 29, 2017 9:18 am

Originally Posted by beweiss6 (Post 27805106)
Currently I have a 5/3 and they have no issue with MO deposit from mobile app...I am a little limited per month. Can anyone suggest another bank that has a mobile app for MO deposit with 5k-15k limits per month? I live in Atlanta GA, anything local? Thank for you help, the data at the top of the thread seems to be a little bit dated.

Thanks!

Per the wiki: Suntrust. Seems like you're a little new to this. Be careful. Multiple MO deposits and/or large amounts could trigger a suspicious activity report to IRS bc looks like structuring. And you won't even know until it's too late.
http://milestomemories.boardingarea....actured-spend/

RustyHippo Jan 31, 2017 10:43 am

As a datapoint, TD Bank's mobile app can't read USPS MOs (although they claim to accept MO deposits via mobile so WU or MG may work).

CWAL Jan 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by RustyHippo (Post 27844896)
As a datapoint, TD Bank's mobile app can't read USPS MOs (although they claim to accept MO deposits via mobile so WU or MG may work).

Both work well at ATMs. WU work well on the app, MG not so much IME.

shipitkthx Feb 1, 2017 11:27 pm

DP: Woodforest National Bank - WM MO rejected.

sowhatwegetdrunk Feb 2, 2017 9:01 pm

Anyone have data points on depositing WU or Money Gram money order in First Merchants Bank through mobile app?

Stgermainparis Feb 4, 2017 8:06 am

Anyone else fail with ST lately? Couldn't deposit WU MO a few days ago via app. Ink all clean and clear. PRefectly legible.

Adirondacker Feb 7, 2017 11:52 am

I had a USAA Deposit Reversal show up on a $1000 deposit listiig duplicate. Reluctantly inquired on chat and was told that it was from a deposit on 1/9. After nearly an hour chat they were unable to tell me when the date of the duplicate deposit. I save my deposit MO and print outs and was unable to locate any duplicates. A phone inquiry with MG shows the 1/9 MO still active. They told me they would have to research it and get back. A little worried at the eyes on my account but I can't be out $1000

TheJerm Feb 9, 2017 12:15 pm

More mobile deposit DPs:

* Northpointe: Doesn't take USPS, got it to take a $1K MG once but haven't been able to repeat- it can't read amount
* Alden CU: Takes USPS and MG. Posts after 2 business days.
* Star One CU: Takes USPS and MG. Posts immediately. $200K daily limit.
* Tech CU: Haven't tested but it appears they're using the same deposit system as Star One.

fangtl Feb 9, 2017 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld (Post 27806165)

Anyone with Capital One experience w/ MG and PO MOs? Most of the branches got rid of their tellers and only allows for ATM deposits now.

DJBlueBird Feb 10, 2017 12:33 am

Does anyone use mobile deposit with CCU?
Search doesn't bring up any results.

flyertalker9867674 Feb 11, 2017 12:55 am

Originally Posted by fangtl (Post 27888228)
Anyone with Capital One experience w/ MG and PO MOs? Most of the branches got rid of their tellers and only allows for ATM deposits now.

proceed with caution.

rrayon Feb 11, 2017 10:02 pm

MO deposit to Citibank brance for Citi AAdvantage

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 27729848)
I can not comment on the first banks, but PenFed will be fine with the MO deposits, up to 5K daily, I think. WU MO will work via their mobile app and the funds will be available right away. MG may have to be mailed / dep in person.

Hi, I'm starting out, and I wanted to deposit my MO's directly into my CitiAAdvantage with Citibank branch. Would I have a problem or better to deposit all at my bank, and then pay online via Citi website?:confused: