Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
listen, unless u r a lawyer with a good track record, u could get urself in trouble with the laws running a business with this kind perception or practice
can we move on?

Just try another time. No point in burning your SM
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:02 pm

SMs are actually being more stringent in the no second chances department. DH sounds like a snowflake. They have every right to ban anyone they want. Whine all you want and no one cares.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
SMs are actually being more stringent in the no second chances department. DH sounds like a snowflake. They have every right to ban anyone they want. Whine all you want and no one cares.
nah, stated the facts here...of course, didn't need anyone's sympathy, as i did go to another location for the purchases; was just upset at the fact that that my time & effort was wasted for a refusal to provide a service w/o proper cause that some folks or biz could be in trouble eventually; of course, will not waste time to see my lawyer about this unless this or similar incidence will continue; if no one spoke out to stood up, those will continually get away. As said earlier, any people or biz can do whatever they want until the laws one day catch up to them with hefty fines & penalties
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
nah, stated the facts here...of course, didn't need anyone's sympathy, as i did go to another location for the purchases; was just upset at the fact that that my time & effort was wasted for a refusal to provide a service w/o proper cause that some folks or biz could be in trouble eventually; of course, will not waste time to see my lawyer about this unless this or similar incidence will continue; if no one spoke out to stood up, those will continually get away. As said earlier, any people or biz can do whatever they want until the laws one day catch up to them with hefty fines & penalties
No.

You don't understand civil rights, or basic laws. You do a disservice to actual civil rights violations by trying to conflate your experience at the mall.

"I won't let you into my restaurant because I don't serve black people."
is not the same as
"I tried to sell you what you wanted. Your credit card was declined. Please come back another day when your credit card works."

You can't seem to see a difference. Boo-hoo. You are going to wait a long time for, as you say "hefty fines and penalties" for that.

You are not exactly Rosa Parks here.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
No.

You don't understand civil rights, or basic laws. You do a disservice to actual civil rights violations by trying to conflate your experience at the mall.

"I won't let you into my restaurant because I don't serve black people."
is not the same as
"I tried to sell you what you wanted. Your credit card was declined. Please come back another day when your credit card works."

You can't seem to see a difference. Boo-hoo. You are going to wait a long time for, as you say "hefty fines and penalties" for that.

You are not exactly Rosa Parks here.
haha, u must be white as i thought; same here... i haven't said anything about race or color; have been saying about biz that has ur similar perception & practice may one day get in trouble with the laws if not careful

Last edited by danhouston; Feb 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:52 pm

delete
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:48 pm

Yeah I know I got there a few times before I got there a few times before I got there a few times before I got there a few times before I got there a couple of months before the game was just the way I got it to be able to be the best game I would but it is a great app to play on a computer or a plane to play with a few more hours before you get the same way as the app works well and I have always had the same problem with it being a great game to be a good game but it doesn't have to the app I just want it all to the game but it doesn't have always the game fun app and it is very fun to use with it fun app and fun game play with a new one ☝️ game is fun to plat but it's fun app to get a little fun and I would like the way it would take to get a game
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:49 pm

Whoops, just mashed auto words for a few minutes, didn't realize it would produce a more intelligent discourse.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was upset & disturbed at the fact that a local SM this past Sat. decided to cancel the entire trans after 1 of the CC failed for a about $1,100; the staff & manager asked that i come back another time; despite my request for 1-2 minutes to check with the bank to see why or use another CC, they still went ahead to cancel; felt that this SM may break the laws with bias by saying that they're not comfortable with the failed trans and refusing to provide service while I was not a disruption or harm to their business; also, the fact is that my time & effort were wasted
Simon has strict policy on card decline because after all the "goods" are Cash Equivalent.
If you are a regular customer of a mall and been with them for a very long time they could make an exception to let you try again, due to sometimes the chip on the card may not be read correctly (Card Malfunction error).

so you felt that a business refused to provide you a service at public places like restaurants, hotels, etc. while u don't cause a problem or disruption, u don't feel anything wrong with that? Like to get some feedback from any folks on here that are familiar with the laws
Huh? There is no law being violated whatsoever.

Any business in this country can refuse a customer when they feel the customer has violated their policy. No merchant is required to serve anyone - all they are required by the law is they cannot refuse service based on Race, Religion, Gender and probably Disability.

How is your denial has anything to do with the above categories protected by the law?

You do not need to cause any disturbance or interruption to be denied of service. Your CC does not work so the merchant does not want to sell to you. Basic and Simple.

Not every merchant would let you call the issuer to clear up matter. Simon is one of those merchants have card decline, no transaction policy. If you think this is specifically against you, then you are way too sensitive as to whatever only you would know.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Simon has strict policy on card decline because after all the "goods" are Cash Equivalent.
If you are a regular customer of a mall and been with them for a very long time they could make an exception to let you try again, due to sometimes the chip on the card may not be read correctly (Card Malfunction error).

Huh? There is no law being violated whatsoever.

Any business in this country can refuse a customer when they feel the customer has violated their policy. No merchant is required to serve anyone - all they are required by the law is they cannot refuse service based on Race, Religion, Gender and probably Disability.

How is your denial has anything to do with the above categories protected by the law?

You do not need to cause any disturbance or interruption to be denied of service. Your CC does not work so the merchant does not want to sell to you. Basic and Simple.

Not every merchant would let you call the issuer to clear up matter. Simon is one of those merchants have card decline, no transaction policy. If you think this is specifically against you, then you are way too sensitive as to whatever only you would know.
guess that i was upset at an unfriendly service there, where felt that my reasonable request to use a different card should have been accepted if the clerk & the manager didn't want to wait 1-2 min for my call to the failed card issuer to clear up (found out later that the charge exceeded available credit); clerk is new & the manager whom i never met before... felt that my time & drive there were wasted & that i had to go to another location to get it done. It's not the 1st time that a CC trans failed, but haven't seen or heard a business turned away customer after 1 attempt. Oh well, it happened to me

Last edited by danhouston; Feb 21, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Chelski
My Simon stopped filling the form out for me

They used to write the reason for me..
I took a blank one home, filled out the general stuff, made some copies of it, HOLE PUNCHED IT, and take it in with me. Makes everyone's life a little easier.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: 2% Cash Back by Citi | Chase Business Ink Cash| Amex Everyday Preferred| Chase Freedom| Discover It
Has anyone had problems using citi 2% card or any citi bank card? My mall the first time work perfectly, the 2nd she said it might not go thru because is a mastercard, and third time I went it didn't go through. When she made the verification the first time I went she said she doesn't know why problem system is down, the 2nd time I went she said that she can't take citibank cards and that she doesn't know me, she apologies I feel like after my first purchase they block my card....
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by IslandOfEnchantment
Has anyone had problems using citi 2% card or any citi bank card? My mall the first time work perfectly, the 2nd she said it might not go thru because is a mastercard, and third time I went it didn't go through. When she made the verification the first time I went she said she doesn't know why problem system is down, the 2nd time I went she said that she can't take citibank cards and that she doesn't know me, she apologies I feel like after my first purchase they block my card....

That's not how it's supposed to work. There's no issue with MC or Citi 2x at any other mall I've been in. The CSR at yours is full of BS and making up rules.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: 2% Cash Back by Citi | Chase Business Ink Cash| Amex Everyday Preferred| Chase Freedom| Discover It
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
That's not how it's supposed to work. There's no issue with MC or Citi 2x at any other mall I've been in. The CSR at yours is full of BS and making up rules.
Well is usually after the rep makes the verification call.....Both reps at different days after making the call wouldn't let me
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by IslandOfEnchantment
Well is usually after the rep makes the verification call.....Both reps at different days after making the call wouldn't let me
They're clueless, or shady. I was saying that's not general policy of Simon malls. I've gone to 4 in my area and none care which type of CC I use, as long as I fill out the form and show ID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.