Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA
Simon GCs temporarily unavailable for purchase

Walked into my local Simon (Woodburn OR) on Thursday and saw this:

When I went upstairs to the office, they had a rack of packaged GCs but no way to sell them (yet).

(BTW that says February 8th).
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tadc
Walked into my local Simon (Woodburn OR) on Thursday and saw this:

When I went upstairs to the office, they had a rack of packaged GCs but no way to sell them (yet).

(BTW that says February 8th).
Well I guess that's good news, no?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by shipitkthx
Bought 8 5Backs yesterday and had to fill out a "gift card order form" which included such fields as "purpose of gift card purchase"...is this common for transactions > $3k? First time i've had to sign anything.
OMG, please tell me you just wrote "gift" and rolled your eyes to yourself! LOL
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by acarney
I always write "MS or ML"

Some times for dry cleaning.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Well I guess that's good news, no?
Not good news for me. Saturday, went to my SM and the guest service booth was completely taken apart. The terminal was moved to the management office and was not yet functioning. They said it would be up today 2/6.

By moving it to the management office it limits the time you can buy GCs. There was always someone at guest services when the mall was open and you were able to purchase GCs. Management office is only open M-F 10-6:30.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by gw14
Not good news for me. Saturday, went to my SM and the guest service booth was completely taken apart. The terminal was moved to the management office and was not yet functioning. They said it would be up today 2/6.

By moving it to the management office it limits the time you can buy GCs. There was always someone at guest services when the mall was open and you were able to purchase GCs. Management office is only open M-F 10-6:30.
OH! Sorry I misread!

I thought your local mall had BECOME a Simon mall via acquisition.

I guess now your mall's hours got limited and this is a negative change for sure.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:37 pm

I'm sure this isn't relevant now, but I've had major issues with ordering Simon Five Back online. I ordered Jan 3rd with no arrival and called yesterday to cancel and start the refund process.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by gw14

Hmm I didn't even think about that implication.

Well at least I'm not the only one.

Now if only I could get effing GCM to accept my order online...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:11 pm

For those MSing in any kind of volume, 20k and up every month, aren't you scared of being reported by your banks to law enforcement?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:48 pm

Can a Simon FB card be used to load Serve, or do I have to go the WM MO route?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
For those MSing in any kind of volume, 20k and up every month, aren't you scared of being reported by your banks to law enforcement?
MS isn't breaking any laws. I have had this conversation at length with member of several agencies I work with. They don't care about us.

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
What are the hard and fast rules of Simon gift cards? I'm thinking about getting into MS for the first time since I live 5m walking distance to a Simon Mall now.
Don't buy more than you can float. You never know when you'll get stuck with them!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:15 pm

No
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by acarney
I always write to wash dirty money so it appears clean in that "purpose" box
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:26 pm

No need to worry unless you are doing something illegal
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:53 pm

I have 1 Simon Mall in the area but after some research found that the Macerich Malls nearby have the exact same program with GCM. The cashier tells me over the weekend that there is one guy that comes in daily. Hopefully it will be 2 guys soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.