Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by markr33
Here's some bad news. CSR at Simon told me that they are phasing out the "bulk" gift cards at the desk and switching to 100% packaged at the display case. Think about all that wasted packaging, it's environmentally unsound!
Theyve been talking about that for a while, but many malls have large stocks of unpacked cards. There's a huge inventory of Hanukkah cards that are now useless lol. I'll take them off their hands.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:09 pm

anyone knows if the POS at the physical simon mall take AGC/VGC? is split pay possible? has anyone successfully tried with or without the cashier's knowing?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by danhouston
anyone knows if the POS at the physical simon mall take AGC/VGC? is split pay possible? has anyone successfully tried with or without the cashier's knowing?
yes and yes
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
yes and yes
carl, how did u split pay with AGC or VGC & what to say to the cashier? is it possible to use 3 of $200 AGCs to pay for a $500 VGC?

Last edited by danhouston; Jan 18, 2017 at 12:01 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
carl, how did u split pay with AGC or VGC & what to say to the cashier?
Simon locations will generally let you pay with two cards. Sometimes more swipes, depending upon the cashier. I just say I want to use two, and they ask the payment type before swiping. Some workers will ask to see the cards, so YMMV.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carl
Simon locations will generally let you pay with two cards. Sometimes more swipes, depending upon the cashier. I just say I want to use two, and they ask the payment type before swiping. Some workers will ask to see the cards, so YMMV.
you can pay with up to 5 cards before the system starts kicking up problems. i know a few people who run 4x $2500 cards a day.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:57 pm

yes, yes, no.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:05 pm

carl, how did u split pay with AGC or VGC & what to say to the cashier? is it possible to use 3 of $200 AGCs to pay for a $500 VGC?
given the fact that paying with gc's is against simon policy, coupled with the lack of ability to scale it/limited 'gain'.... I am at a loss to understand why one would bother.

the iah simons have robust "do not sell" lists that you'd probably want to avo being added to.

To All:

as someone mentioned, the mindless lack of discretion on this thread (and board) is breathtaking. bragging abt violating simon policy going to multiple malls in the same day- some naive genius mentioned 5... super smart/impressive

news flash: simon knows abt flyertalk. duh. promoting activity that circumvents their rules on a public board (ie: bragging to anonymous strangers... SAD!) is basically akin to an MS suicide attempt/cry for help.

think before you post/brag kids...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:08 am

At the Simon mall office, there was a sign advertising: Get a $15 gift card for buying $150 Amex Simon gift card.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by walterj
At the Simon mall office, there was a sign advertising: Get a $15 gift card for buying $150 Amex Simon gift card.
They are for merchant gift cards, not a $15 simon gift card back as a bonus.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:23 am

Mu Simon had this promo. The $15 Amex wasnt listed in the promo but I was given the $15 amex!

$12 money maker.

Makes up for 3 Simon GC fees!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Mu Simon had this promo. The $15 Amex wasnt listed in the promo but I was given the $15 amex!

$12 money maker.

Makes up for 3 Simon GC fees!
Don't get the clerk in trouble! I hear corporate tracks these very closely...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Which city / State?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:53 am

My local Simon pulled this one as of yesterday. She said a new one is coming tomorrow instead. The 15 GC is good for Forever 21, Sephora and American Eagle.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:40 pm

What are the hard and fast rules of Simon gift cards? I'm thinking about getting into MS for the first time since I live 5m walking distance to a Simon Mall now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.