FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:53 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danhouston
was upset & disturbed at the fact that a local SM this past Sat. decided to cancel the entire trans after 1 of the CC failed for a about $1,100; the staff & manager asked that i come back another time; despite my request for 1-2 minutes to check with the bank to see why or use another CC, they still went ahead to cancel; felt that this SM may break the laws with bias by saying that they're not comfortable with the failed trans and refusing to provide service while I was not a disruption or harm to their business; also, the fact is that my time & effort were wasted
Simon has strict policy on card decline because after all the "goods" are Cash Equivalent.
If you are a regular customer of a mall and been with them for a very long time they could make an exception to let you try again, due to sometimes the chip on the card may not be read correctly (Card Malfunction error).

Originally Posted by danhouston
so you felt that a business refused to provide you a service at public places like restaurants, hotels, etc. while u don't cause a problem or disruption, u don't feel anything wrong with that? Like to get some feedback from any folks on here that are familiar with the laws
Huh? There is no law being violated whatsoever.

Any business in this country can refuse a customer when they feel the customer has violated their policy. No merchant is required to serve anyone - all they are required by the law is they cannot refuse service based on Race, Religion, Gender and probably Disability.

How is your denial has anything to do with the above categories protected by the law?

You do not need to cause any disturbance or interruption to be denied of service. Your CC does not work so the merchant does not want to sell to you. Basic and Simple.

Not every merchant would let you call the issuer to clear up matter. Simon is one of those merchants have card decline, no transaction policy. If you think this is specifically against you, then you are way too sensitive as to whatever only you would know.