Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frekwentflier
I got confirmations that my mortgage payments were sent today. One thing to remember about this service, it's not only the time it takes for the payment to arrive, but also the time it takes the payee to process the paper check. This can range from same day to many days depending on the payee.

I now send all of my Plastiq payments 2 weeks before the due date. That way, if there are any issues, I can always make an electronic payment to avoid late fees if necessary. Then if the Plastiq payment does end up going thru, that is just next month's payment early.

I really hope they beef up the list of companies they can use ACH with. That would really make them better than Evolve.
I hear you - paper definitely takes more time to process.

But in my case, there's just no way they sent the checks when they said they did. I'm pretty sure "check payment sent" really means that they just sent an electronic file to whomever sends the actual checks. That company might take another week or ten days to put the paper check in the mail.

Or maybe they're having cash flow issues and they have to slow things down a little and ride the float?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
About an hour ago I setup a utility payment to autopay for the next year (starting next month) using my Arrival+ MC. This went thru at 0% fee as was advertised.

I then scheduled a 1 time payment for this same utility for this month because this month was higher than usual. I was charged the normal 1.99% fee. I just now received an email stating that this fee has been dropped! This was done proactively by Plastiq; I wasn't even going to bother asking for it.

This is great customer service!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by frekwentflier
Welcome to Flyertalk, Elliot! I for one am very happy to see you post on here. I hope you will continue to monitor this thread for ongoing issues and resolve them quickly.

I received an email today indicating that my issues had been resolved and that my payments would go out tomorrow. I will keep an eye out for them and let you know if they do not go out.

I'm certain if you can iron these issues out and get payments processed quickly, you will be able to maintain a steady supply of business from the flyertalk community.

Now, if you could just process credit card payments, that would be great.
Thanks! Just wanted to let everyone know that we are keeping an eye on this forum today, but if you'd like to reach out, please email [email protected]. We also have chat available when you log-in to the app!

Also want to clarify that when you receive the "check payment sent" email, it does mean that the payment is in the mail with the US Postal Service. If you have questions regarding this, please let us know at [email protected] or chat us when you log-in to the app.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 19, 2015 at 11:32 am
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: $$$
I'm in the same boat as many here: made payments that are taking too long.

I'm not really mad: the support personnel at Plastiq are being as nice and responsive as I could hope. They've offered to cancel my payments and refund my cards if I want - but I really don't want to do that - I want to use their service!

Point is: they aren't disappearing and hiding. They're upfront and they respond quickly to emails.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: $$$
I should add that Miquel at Plastiq told me the payments are sent from Delaware. Mine are going to California. So that explains part of the delay.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:21 pm

I made payment last month using master card and 1.99% fees. That is my limit beyond which I lose money.

Today it shows 2.5% fees which is a no go for me.

Not closing account but stop using it.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:45 pm

Anyone used Citi Credit cards with Plastiq and got hit with Cash advance?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Anyone used Citi Credit cards with Plastiq and got hit with Cash advance?
I have used Citi twice now. No CA fee
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My payments have finally hit.

It was an odyssey, but I'll do it again next month if they keep the fee at 1.99%.

In fact, I might start now just to be sure I make it in time . . .
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:07 am

seems like it takes longer than 7 days to get rent paid with this? too long
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your patience as we resolve the issues. As a friendly reminder, if you are still encountering issues or have any questions/comments, please email [email protected] or chat us once you login to the app.

Thanks,
Rebecca
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
seems like it takes longer than 7 days to get rent paid with this? too long
I was told it will take 11 days for my rent check to arrive. I'm glad I found this thread as I was going to use this service to pay my rent and meet the min spend on my amex spg card. However, the landlord gets really intense if the check is not there on the first or even a day before. I can't be in a situation where there is even a possibility that the check is a day late. You would think they could get a check somewhere in a week at most, but requiring a week and a half and then the possibility that there could be a delay is just a total no-go. I'll have to figure out how to meet min spend in some other way.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:05 pm

Any word on when the fee for 1.99% AMEX payments will go up?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:59 pm

What are people's experiences using Plastiq to send a paper check using AGC? It would be for mortgage payment that is technically due 9/1, but OK for 9/15. 11 days would be OK, I guess, but when would the card actually be debited?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:02 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Red259
I was told it will take 11 days for my rent check to arrive. I'm glad I found this thread as I was going to use this service to pay my rent and meet the min spend on my amex spg card. However, the landlord gets really intense if the check is not there on the first or even a day before. I can't be in a situation where there is even a possibility that the check is a day late. You would think they could get a check somewhere in a week at most, but requiring a week and a half and then the possibility that there could be a delay is just a total no-go. I'll have to figure out how to meet min spend in some other way.
Why not just time/process 14-16 days in advance? It's a credit card charge anyway. Just coordinate with your cut-off date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.