Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:25 am

I set up my mortgage to be paid via my double cash because of the 1.5% MC promotion. I'm giving them plenty of time just to make sure it get's received.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Falimz
I set up my mortgage to be paid via my double cash because of the 1.5% MC promotion. I'm giving them plenty of time just to make sure it get's received.
I thought about that, but decided against it for these reasons:

-0.5% was too little upside
-dealing with Plastiq's delays was agonizing
-I didn't want to raise my profile with Citi for such a small reward

If Plastiq were solid, I'd consider. But, if they were solid, they probably wouldn't need to offer these promos to attract business.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone pay to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage before?

I finally decided to try Plastiq and they replied saying they couldn't verify the address I provided. This is the address from my statement/payment stub that I've also been using with RedBird..

Edit: Although they didn't say it but I guess they just wanted proof the address was legit. I preemptively sent them a screen shot and got a reply it's good to go.

Last edited by frudd38; Oct 8, 2015 at 11:56 pm
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by frudd38

I finally decided to try Plastiq and they replied saying they couldn't verify the address I provided. This is the address from my statement/payment stub that I've also been using with RedBird..

Edit: Although they didn't say it but I guess they just wanted proof the address was legit. I preemptively sent them a screen shot and got a reply it's good to go.
Good to know as that's who I'm paying my mortgage to starting this month.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by frudd38

Yep, I have had my last two WF mortgage payments sent via Plastiq and they were both received and credited just fine. I have my mortgage, car payments, and HOA fees scheduled on my DCB card out until 2019. Its not a huge gain at %0.5 but its mindless MS and I can save my Serve and other loads to pay off CCs.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by crapz1
Yep, I have had my last two WF mortgage payments sent via Plastiq and they were both received and credited just fine. I have my mortgage, car payments, and HOA fees scheduled on my DCB card out until 2019. Its not a huge gain at %0.5 but its mindless MS and I can save my Serve and other loads to pay off CCs.
Was your WF mortgage payments sent electronically or by check by Plastiq?
How much time did it take for Plastiq to process it and received by WF? I'm wondering if I should set mine up 2 weeks or 1 week before the 1st of the month to give it ample time for the payment to be credited by WF. Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by dvdbuddy
Was your WF mortgage payments sent electronically or by check by Plastiq?
How much time did it take for Plastiq to process it and received by WF? I'm wondering if I should set mine up 2 weeks or 1 week before the 1st of the month to give it ample time for the payment to be credited by WF. Thanks.
I have it scheduled on the 22nd of each month. This past month, payment was processed on the 22nd, check was mailed out on the 23rd and WF deposited the payment on the 1st. I sent a check.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by crapz1
I have it scheduled on the 22nd of each month. This past month, payment was processed on the 22nd, check was mailed out on the 23rd and WF deposited the payment on the 1st. I sent a check.

Thanks for the input. I will do the same.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:15 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by yugi
I paid a small amount with Chase Ink, and it went through with no problem.
And my IHG Chase MC also processed without a hitch. Which cards did you try, Nashent1?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
And my IHG Chase MC also processed without a hitch. Which cards did you try, Nashent1?
IHG MC did not work for me. It continues to be blocked by Chase
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:16 am

I set up my payment for the 10th, and I just received an email that my payment will process. My Citi card shows a lending payment. At this point, how long before the payment finalizes and Flagstar receives it?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:44 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Nishant1
IHG MC did not work for me. It continues to be blocked by Chase
Hmmm... how odd. Did you set your cash advances to zero, by any chance? Sometimes a transaction will start out as a "cash advance" and transform into a purchase when it posts. If your cash advance limit is lower than the transaction, it won't go through. My Plastiq transactions are posting as a purchase. I've used the IHG MC for 2 transactions so far. That's not a lot of data, but I've had no problems at all.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I set up my payment for the 10th, and I just received an email that my payment will process. My Citi card shows a lending payment. At this point, how long before the payment finalizes and Flagstar receives it?
Usually 13 days from when the process is initiated. Its slow but eventually gets there. I know have my mortgage go out on the 18th of the month and it arrives 1st day of the month (+_ 1 day).
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Plastiq & 1.5% offer for Mastercard

I have some payments that I can not make directly with a credit card and would need to use plastiq or a similar service. Right now there is a Plastiq offer where you can lock in a rate using recurring payments of 1.5% when using a master card to make a payment. I was considering setting up some recurring payments and have the following master cards Barclay arrival+, citi prestige, citi premier, citi AA select. I am probably going to get rid of the arrival+ in Jan so I think that is out. Out of the remaining cards which would you use at a 1.5% rate? The profit margin seems somewhat thin and I am wondering if I would be better off just paying straight out of my bank account. These bills would add up to like $3100 a month or so.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Red259
I have some payments that I can not make directly with a credit card and would need to use plastiq or a similar service. Right now there is a Plastiq offer where you can lock in a rate using recurring payments of 1.5% when using a master card to make a payment. I was considering setting up some recurring payments and have the following master cards Barclay arrival+, citi prestige, citi premier, citi AA select. I am probably going to get rid of the arrival+ in Jan so I think that is out. Out of the remaining cards which would you use at a 1.5% rate? The profit margin seems somewhat thin and I am wondering if I would be better off just paying straight out of my bank account. These bills would add up to like $3100 a month or so.
You should get Citi Double Cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.