Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Nishant1
Plastiq customer service sucks.
There is no phone number directly listed on website to resolve the issue when needed. There is no chat available most of the time.

Email replies vary between 1 to 3 days by the time you lose interest.

Chase blocking Plastiq merchant code issue is still not resolved. My majority of Chase cards are not useful for use with Plastiq since Chase is moving away from Mastercard.
I totally agree.
It takes more than two weeks for payment to be posted to your account after Plastiq charge to your credit card. The email response time need to be improved as either it does not exist or take a very long time. I am sure they are working hard to respond, But they not ready for prime time.
I will not use them as main payments method.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:39 pm

I used my Chase Sapphire card on Friday to pay my rent and it looks like it posted already. Is this charge going to stand or will Chase reverse it in the next couple of days?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Need to make my rent payment. Should I make the payment as rent (assuming there is that option) or goods/services? The landlord is located in my same building but different apartment number. In addition, I am making a payment to an LLC not an individual.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:12 pm

So I logged in to Plastiq after signing up and having promo rate of 1.99%. After one payment the promo rate is gone and now they want 2.5%. Is the promo period over already?

Update: heard back from plastiq and was told the promo ended 9/14/15. An email letting me know the promo was ending would have been nice.

Last edited by Red259; Sep 15, 2015 at 10:31 pm
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: Mariott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
So I logged in to Plastiq after signing up and having promo rate of 1.99%. After one payment the promo rate is gone and now they want 2.5%. Is the promo period over already?

Update: heard back from plastiq and was told the promo ended 9/14/15. An email letting me know the promo was ending would have been nice.
Son of a... You're right. I made my payment on my auto loan yesterday via Plastiq and never bothered to look. I just logged in and saw it was processed with a 2.5% fee.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need to make my rent payment. Should I make the payment as rent (assuming there is that option) or goods/services? The landlord is located in my same building but different apartment number. In addition, I am making a payment to an LLC not an individual.
Just to be sure: your rent isn't due for six weeks or so, right?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: Mariott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Just got what appears to be an automated email from Rebecca @ Plastiq.

Hi XXXX,

Starting today until September 30, the Plastiq service fee is just 1.5% when you use your MasterCard to schedule a one-time or recurring payment to any new business!

· This counts for any business you haven't paid, whether you added them today or a while back.
· All recurring payments to new businesses will receive this rate, as long as they're scheduled before the promotion ends– even if they're over a year out.

Please note that all payments are subject to review and additional information may be requested to complete your transaction. Additionally, deleting a payee during the promotion period may affect your accessibility to the promotional rate.

So make sure to sign in now and take advantage of this great rate! Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Rebecca from Plastiq
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Are people able to use their business spg and amex plat cards with plastiq still? Are they getting the points as well or is it like serve where it counts towards initial spend but no points? I'm looking to pay my rent with my cards to make the signup offers.
I used a personal Amex. It went through as a purchase (not a cash advance) but because Amex doesn't give you the points until after you pay the bill, I'm not sure if it earned points and went towards the minimum spend. I see no reason why it wouldn't, though.

The new 1.5% rate for MasterCard is somewhat enticing, but be prepared for it to take a lonnngg time for them to make the payment (it took a full 3 weeks in my test case).
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by snic
I used a personal Amex. It went through as a purchase (not a cash advance) but because Amex doesn't give you the points until after you pay the bill, I'm not sure if it earned points and went towards the minimum spend. I see no reason why it wouldn't, though.
I made a payment last month that posted as a purchase but earned 0 points on my statement, so I cancelled all my scheduled payments.

EDIT: points posted after calling in to amex

Last edited by hipp0; Sep 19, 2015 at 10:58 am
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by hipp0
I made a payment last month that posted as a purchase but earned 0 points on my statement, so I cancelled all my scheduled payments.
That's disappointing if they don't get that fixed in the future. Plastiq looked like an attractive option for hitting minimum spend and earning points on AMEX without the time investment required for other MS methods. If no bonus points will be posted, I might not ever use it.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
That's disappointing if they don't get that fixed in the future. Plastiq looked like an attractive option for hitting minimum spend and earning points on AMEX without the time investment required for other MS methods. If no bonus points will be posted, I might not ever use it.
I received Amex SPG points and signup bonus posted same day as charge posted! One charge and done!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:07 pm

Odd. Other people report getting their points. If I don't get the points then this is useless to me.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
Any new Chase Datapoints

Given the Mastercard promo (thinking ink) I'm tempted to give them one more shot. Does anyone have any new datapoints as to whether Chase is blocking their merchant code?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:08 am

Did you check the pending points? AmEx points won't actually post until the statement AFTER you pay for the purchase. I'm hoping you still get them!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by joscofra
Did you check the pending points? AmEx points won't actually post until the statement AFTER you pay for the purchase. I'm hoping you still get them!
Thanks to feedback here, I called Amex yesterday and confirmed the purchase should have earned points. Not sure what happened initially, but they fixed it and the points are now pending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.