FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

sechs Jan 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Folks would probably get more mileage from this discussion if it were in the thread about MCEs not working....

Ttitle Jan 22, 2015 9:31 am

Has anyone here sent a check to Prosper or Lending Club through Serve billpay? Wondering if it is worth a shot.

dingo Jan 22, 2015 11:41 am

I had an AMEX hooked to my account and attempted to add a Chase card; I get this message:
The card entered is not available for registration. Please enter a different card number

It is the same card, with a different name on it, that is hooked to my wife's Serve account. Anyone know if you are limited to one unique CC number to one Serve account, or should it be a one to many relationship?

Also, it appears my two Serve accounts have a $1,000 per month load limit from CC. Odd. On one, I know for sure that I loaded $1,500 in early January but it now shows as a $1,000 limit:
Easily add money into your American Express Serve Account. Add up to $200 per day and $1,000 per month. Cash advance fees for credit card loads may apply; please check with your credit card issuer for details.

ericdabbs Jan 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24214904)
I had an AMEX hooked to my account and attempted to add a Chase card; I get this message:
The card entered is not available for registration. Please enter a different card number

It is the same card, with a different name on it, that is hooked to my wife's Serve account. Anyone know if you are limited to one unique CC number to one Serve account, or should it be a one to many relationship?

Also, it appears my two Serve accounts have a $1,000 per month load limit from CC. Odd. On one, I know for sure that I loaded $1,500 in early January but it now shows as a $1,000 limit:
Easily add money into your American Express Serve Account. Add up to $200 per day and $1,000 per month. Cash advance fees for credit card loads may apply; please check with your credit card issuer for details.

The CC load limit is $1K if you signed up for normal Serve and $1.5K if you signed up for Softcard Serve. That is all that matters and this has never changed. Perhaps you signed up via Softcard and were expecting some sort of confirmation on this. Remember that the online GUI interface is not updated to distinguish between a normal Serve and Softcard Serve account.

Not sure why you are having trouble adding your CCs to your Serve accounts. I have the same CC linked up over 3 Serve accounts so I know for sure you can do that.

dingo Jan 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks. I applied for both of the Serve cards via the Softcard app. On my wife's account I just looked and I had been able to move $1,500 in January...three increments of $500.00. Now it shows, in type at least on the general linking page, $1,000. I won't know until next month whether I can do $1,500 until February when the clock resets.

Is there any way to tell on the Serve site if they acknowledge Softcard linkage?

dingo Jan 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Think I answered my own question, but maybe this is good info for someone else:
If you login and go to settings, then to Banks and Cards, you will see the language talking about $1,000 per month from CC. But if you have SC and go to Add Money you can click the Transaction Limits link or you can start a money move by entering an amount, clicking Review, and see that you can add up to $1,500 per month. So a bit of a disconnect in some of their website coding, but got it answered.

ericdabbs Jan 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24215164)
Think I answered my own question, but maybe this is good info for someone else:
If you login and go to settings, then to Banks and Cards, you will see the language talking about $1,000 per month from CC. But if you have SC and go to Add Money you can click the Transaction Limits link or you can start a money move by entering an amount, clicking Review, and see that you can add up to $1,500 per month. So a bit of a disconnect in some of their website coding, but got it answered.

Yes its like what I said that the website account interface is not accurate all around and doesn't distinguish between normal Serve and Softcard Serve. Rest assured that if you signed up via the Softcard app, you have the $1.5K limits. Ignore what it says and until it gives you issues who cares.

Red259 Jan 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24215235)
Yes its like what I said that the website account interface is not accurate all around and doesn't distinguish between normal Serve and Softcard Serve. Rest assured that if you signed up via the Softcard app, you have the $1.5K limits. Ignore what it says and until it gives you issues who cares.

I signed up via the app and could load 1.5k. Then my phone was stolen and had to switch to my old phone which does not have NFC. Now with the same account I can not add more than 1k per month.

ericdabbs Jan 22, 2015 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Red259 (Post 24218085)
I signed up via the app and could load 1.5k. Then my phone was stolen and had to switch to my old phone which does not have NFC. Now with the same account I can not add more than 1k per month.

I thought once you signed up for the Softcard Serve card via Softcard app you have a Softcard Serve account for life. Didn't think you had to maintain an active embedded SIM to keep the account. Obviously running on your old phone would not give you the Softcard NFC benefits but I didn't think it would downgrade your account.

DrForce Jan 23, 2015 3:12 am

I signed up through the soft card app through an old phone. I got a new phone for Christmas which deactivated my soft card relationship. However I still can load $1500/month via cc.

mh1361 Jan 23, 2015 7:15 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24215103)
The CC load limit is $1K if you signed up for normal Serve and $1.5K if you signed up for Softcard Serve. That is all that matters and this has never changed. Perhaps you signed up via Softcard and were expecting some sort of confirmation on this. Remember that the online GUI interface is not updated to distinguish between a normal Serve and Softcard Serve account.

Not sure why you are having trouble adding your CCs to your Serve accounts. I have the same CC linked up over 3 Serve accounts so I know for sure you can do that.

eric, have you linked a Chase card and an AU for that same card at the same time? If the cards have the same number, I think you're out of luck. But if they have different numbers, you should be fine. I know Barclay's and AMEX have different numbers on their AU cards, but Chase doesn't.

milemission Jan 23, 2015 10:15 am

Have anyone tried Citi double cash master card for online load? Thanks!

Mamibear Jan 23, 2015 11:13 am

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 24220608)

yes

paulsaz Jan 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by milemission (Post 24220608)

Yes, and no cash advance fee charged.

ericdabbs Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 24219594)

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24215103)

eric, have you linked a Chase card and an AU for that same card at the same time? If the cards have the same number, I think you're out of luck. But if they have different numbers, you should be fine. I know Barclay's and AMEX have different numbers on their AU cards, but Chase doesn't.

Dont have the AU situation. However it makes sense that they dont allow the same CC number on two serve accts despite the name change.

dingo Jan 23, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm starting to wonder if the ride is over.

I have been to my favorite Walmart two of the last three days. In both instances, Kate was out of order. I went to the customer service counter to reload and was told that they cannot accept "gift cards" to reload. In both cases, that was after I loaded a few with the same rep, but then was asked what I was using to reload. Managers called and everything. One said my name had to be on the card. I went to the Money Center and was told the same thing.

For a data point, this is the WM in Mooresville, NC.

Today, alas, Kate was wrapped in a plastic garbage bag.

ericliujian Jan 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by DeathChurch (Post 24200457)
I've run into this problem a few times this month, and I think the problem is with the speed at which I enter the amount. If I'm trying to load $200 and quickly enter the amount I'll get the invalid card message. If I enter the amount a little slower then it goes through without a problem. It's literally like a second difference in the speed. Kind of odd.

Today I tried again. I swipt the card and waited at least 3 seconds. Still the invalid card problem. It is 1 of 5 success.

damofrk Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24158235)
Do you have any dashes in your account number? If so remove them and that should fix the problem. Some folks on the BB thread were mentioning the same thing about issues with "enter a valid account number" but they removed the dashes and it fixed their problem.

I have never had a problem where the account number had dashes and I didn't put them and it still took fine. Dashes are not a valid characters in account numbers anyways. Its like when applications ask for phone numbers, they just ask for the 10 digits. They don't need the parentheses for area code and the dash between the 3rd and 4th number of the phone number. Those dashes are there for ease of visibility.

Has anyone paid their PG&E bill with Serve this month? I removed the dash in my account number but the payment hasn't posted yet. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

sechs Jan 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24221909)

I have been to my favorite Walmart two of the last three days. In both instances, Kate was out of order. I went to the customer service counter to reload and was told that they cannot accept "gift cards" to reload. In both cases, that was after I loaded a few with the same rep, but then was asked what I was using to reload. Managers called and everything. One said my name had to be on the card. I went to the Money Center and was told the same thing.

Data point: Read the wiki. It's even near the top.

ZzzzX Jan 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Loaded $1500 today, no questions, no problems, no managers.

Sky is not falling.

ICEE45 Jan 23, 2015 8:33 pm

One option is to buy a personalized Visa Debit card and put your name on it. If you MS you will run into a brick wall at one point or another. Just keep trying and find another ride. The card with your name on it should work and if it doesn't you can practically buy a money order at any large chain grocery store because it is a debit card. Now go and make me proud young Jedi.

http://s1.postimg.cc/hbi2k9w33/image.jpg

Choose a design that doesn't give the impression of a gift card. The American Flag is a good one. If they don't accept it, they are not patriotic.

diseased Jan 24, 2015 3:34 am

I loaded 2k at four different checkouts on the 13th with no problems at all. No questions asked.

Hecta Jan 24, 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by diseased (Post 24224706)
I loaded 2k at four different checkouts on the 13th with no problems at all. No questions asked.

Yes if Kate is down its very easy to just go through regular check out lanes. I went through 3 different ones the other day in Dallas. No issues at all.

gw14 Jan 24, 2015 8:22 am

I don't know how many a few is that you loaded with the same rep. But I only load 2 VGC at a register at a time. Separate transactions, no split tender. Then I move on to another register. Usually can load $2500 pretty quickly. No questions, no suspicion, no attention.

jayfi1976 Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by gw14 (Post 24225456)
I don't know how many a few is that you loaded with the same rep. But I only load 2 VGC at a register at a time. Separate transactions, no split tender. Then I move on to another register. Usually can load $2500 pretty quickly. No questions, no suspicion, no attention.

Agreed. I think you will spook most cashiers if you go with a stack of cards and ask to do multiple loads. Very easy to spread the love down the aisles...

ZzzzX Jan 25, 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jayfi1976 (Post 24226586)
Agreed. I think you will spook most cashiers if you go with a stack of cards and ask to do multiple loads. Very easy to spread the love down the aisles...

Load. Go get a few things. Load again with checkout cashier. Done.

ElPresidente Jan 25, 2015 8:32 pm

I learned something important (to me) today about entering payees into BillPay:

IT HAS TO BE ABLE TO VERIFY THE ADDRESS VIA USPS!

I was getting "cannot add or modify this payee" when trying to enter a new payee.

Couldn't figure it out, called Serve, went through several reps. From what the 3rd rep told me, the engine does USPS address verification. Thus as in my case, the address was noticed to be a commercial property professional park. But insufficient secondary addressing like building/suite# was given. So it would be kicked back everytime with this weird error.

Sure enough, I added "Suite A" on the second address line and it took it. A lot of business in small office parks don't bother listing the secondary info, since the postman knows what goes where right?

I tried my prepaid RedCard account and got the same error, so I believe this is common to BB/Serve/RB. It makes sense they would do this. THey don't want to pay off a bunch of claims for late checks sitting in the wrong office, so they run it through USPS API to reduce the chance of this. Shame the error message doesn't tell you that clearly.

Should I add this to the Wiki?

daprophecy Jan 26, 2015 8:19 am

Has anyone had trouble registering for mobile wallet using the cashwrap (for the iPhone) lately? I tried recently and was not able to register. Spent over 5 hrs total trouble shooting the issue and nothing was resolved. Every time I would try to register it would say it can not connect to the ATT server and give me Error 7007. I tried registering on the network (not wifi) and still same error. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

greenrebellion Jan 26, 2015 10:09 am

The WIKI says that an AMEX card doesn't earn points/miles on load. But has anyone confirmed at this point whether or not the spend would count towards minimums? Say like on a Delta card where you get bonus miles if you hit $25K in spend.

Bowgie Jan 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by greenrebellion (Post 24236541)
The WIKI says that an AMEX card doesn't earn points/miles on load. But has anyone confirmed at this point whether or not the spend would count towards minimums? Say like on a Delta card where you get bonus miles if you hit $25K in spend.

It's been previously reported in this thread that AMEX loads count towards minimum spends (but earns no points). I just started using my Delta Skymiles Amex card to load Serve. It will take at least a month for the spend to show up on Delta's website under "My Skymiles."

If it doesn't work, I'll post the fact in this thread.

Iheartshopping Jan 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by daprophecy (Post 24235840)
Has anyone had trouble registering for mobile wallet using the cashwrap (for the iPhone) lately? I tried recently and was not able to register. Spent over 5 hrs total trouble shooting the issue and nothing was resolved. Every time I would try to register it would say it can not connect to the ATT server and give me Error 7007. I tried registering on the network (not wifi) and still same error. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Softcard discountinued support for the iPhone since Apple Pay came ah about. Now Softcard identifies itself as an Android App only. If you already have the app on your cashwrapped iPhone they are still allowing one to use it (not that there is much use to it since all the good promos ended on 12/31/2014) but you cannot sign up for a new softcard app with an iPhone.

holidaze Jan 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Getting the following error with CSP:

We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information.
I have a CA of $1200. Any advice?

woow14610 Jan 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Folks I have been using PPBDMC to load serve as PP cash is $1 less than getting one vanilla and also 1 vanilla can load only via FD. Any other cards I could use to load in WM? other than Master cards? (high fee cost). Appreciate the help.

Mamibear Jan 28, 2015 2:45 pm

delete

Ritley572 Jan 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by woow14610 (Post 24252034)
Folks I have been using PPBDMC to load serve as PP cash is $1 less than getting one vanilla and also 1 vanilla can load only via FD. Any other cards I could use to load in WM? other than Master cards? (high fee cost). Appreciate the help.

Simon Mall GCs if you have one close by. RL packs are also only $3.95 if you can find them for sale with CC. Added benefit of RL packs is they don't require a trip to WM, you can load them via website.

ual902 Jan 29, 2015 12:24 am

Just confirming, I can load my Serve account using my Barclays arrivals card and treated as a purchase with Barclays?.

Thanks-

healthnut Jan 29, 2015 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 24254610)
Just confirming, I can load my Serve account using my Barclays arrivals card and treated as a purchase with Barclays?.

Thanks-

Yes.

ZzzzX Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 24254610)

Thanks-

Yep.

worksmart Jan 30, 2015 12:12 am

what about Amex Bus and SW Bus? ( use Amex to meet min spending purpose here)

hamokmonky Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am

Originally Posted by worksmart (Post 24260663)
what about Amex Bus and SW Bus? ( use Amex to meet min spending purpose here)

From the wiki:
Treated as purchase, earns cashback/points/miles:
•Bank of America (FIA) (MasterCard, American Express)
•Barclaycard (Mastercard, Visa)
•Capital One (Mastercard, Visa)
•Chase (MasterCard, Visa)
•Citi (MasterCard, American Express)
•Discover

Treated as purchase, but doesn't earn points/miles:
•American Express (May count toward minimum spend)

Posts as a cash advance:
•Bank of America (FIA) Visa (Source)
•Citi Visa (Source)
•PNC Visa (Source)
•US Bank Visa (Source)

Just because its a business card makes no difference, unless its an ink charge card which has no cash advance ability, in which case it will not go through initially.