FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Ritley572 Jan 5, 15 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by maheshkk (Post 24107016)
Thanks. Yes my card does say DEBIT in front. And I did not try to load it online as I read it wouldnt work because it is a giftcard.

What bank issued your VGCs? That makes a difference. Also, various WM's have different POS systems. Some reject GCs, some don't. You should have tested with a single gc that you could afford to hold on to for normal spend before you went whole hog with $1800 worth.

weezl Jan 5, 15 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by MisterEdF (Post 24084735)
Sub-accounts are very limited, in fact you can't even use the card unless the main account holder assigns you funds to draw off of. It's basically for the "kids."

Hardly. They're great for maximizing AMEX Sync offers and awesome for SBS!!!:D

onthego15 Jan 5, 15 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MisterEdF (Post 24084735)
Sub-accounts are very limited, in fact you can't even use the card unless the main account holder assigns you funds to draw off of. It's basically for the "kids."

Sub-accounts are so easy to create and use! I've probably saved about $75 in just a few months with my sub-account.

canyoncar Jan 5, 15 4:43 pm

Anybody done a straight $1k at register lately? Last time I tried, it didn't go through. She had to run it as two separate $500s. This was months ago though.

Originally Posted by maheshkk (Post 24107016)
Thanks. Yes my card does say DEBIT in front. And I did not try to load it online as I read it wouldnt work because it is a giftcard.

if they are MC and not Visa, you need to do the "change payment" thing.

lumangoy Jan 5, 15 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar (Post 24107672)
Anybody done a straight $1k at register lately? Last time I tried, it didn't go through. She had to run it as two separate $500s. This was months ago though.

did it for the first time with BB yesterday.

xraywinedrinker Jan 5, 15 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 24108000)
did it for the first time with BB yesterday.

Yes. Serve via visa buxx

canyoncar Jan 5, 15 8:39 pm

^^Awesome, thanks guys. Will save me some time.

LiarsDice Jan 6, 15 11:06 am

Can anyone with a capital one quicksilver confirm they've loaded online recently w/o CA? The last data point I found was from July.

cuthroat Jan 6, 15 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by LiarsDice (Post 24112456)
Can anyone with a capital one quicksilver confirm they've loaded online recently w/o CA? The last data point I found was from July.

I have the MasterCard Quicksliver. Posted on 1/5/15 as "Professional Services" no CA.

LiarsDice Jan 6, 15 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by cuthroat (Post 24112915)
I have the MasterCard Quicksliver. Posted on 1/5/15 as "Professional Services" no CA.

Awesome, thank you. Is it still giving cash back? WIKI show's it is, but the MS ship is always in motion.

cuthroat Jan 6, 15 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by LiarsDice (Post 24113193)
Awesome, thank you. Is it still giving cash back? WIKI show's it is, but the MS ship is always in motion.

No problem. Yes, $7.50 cash back for my $500 load.

CDO Jan 6, 15 1:35 pm

Had a bill pay to amex from Jan 2 show up yesterday but another payment from another account again to amex sent at the same time did not show up yet. I really do not want to call and draw attention to my account so am probably gonna wait it out but find it strange. Fwiw this account was opened in Dec.

tobyrocks Jan 6, 15 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by LiarsDice (Post 24112456)

I don't use the Quicksilver but I use CapOne Venture and have for months with no CA.

Mamibear Jan 6, 15 6:14 pm

both CapOne Visa QS and Citi DCB MC have posted as purchase for the past several months with no CA.

medium_alpaca Jan 6, 15 11:29 pm

Sorry about the newbie questions... I am confused about sending money from Serve to your own bank account (checking).

1) Should I use "Send Money" then use my email or phone number, or "Pay Bills" (and then Business or Person?)?
2) Would Amex be unhappy if I do this too often?

Thanks in advance.

jyx Jan 7, 15 6:29 am

Originally Posted by medium_alpaca (Post 24116501)
Sorry about the newbie questions... I am confused about sending money from Serve to your own bank account (checking).

1) Should I use "Send Money" then use my email or phone number, or "Pay Bills" (and then Business or Person?)?
2) Would Amex be unhappy if I do this too often?

Thanks in advance.

Pay Bill is the recommended way to deplete the balance. for instance, to pay the credit card which you used to fund your serve.

Mamibear Jan 7, 15 7:14 am

Originally Posted by jyx (Post 24117666)
Pay Bill is the recommended way to deplete the balance. for instance, to pay the credit card which you used to fund your serve.

Sometime in November, Serve sent out email notice regarding change in their TOS. See Serve's Cardholder's agreement under 5.b(2) where this is mentioned:

You agree NOT to transfer funds from your Account to a linked credit or debit card or debit/payroll card; for example, you may not transfer funds from your Account to pay for an outstanding credit card bill.
while many say they are getting way with it without AA, it is up for each one to decide.

cozmohoot Jan 7, 15 7:32 am

is loading a reloadit to serve considered cash? same limits?

Mamibear Jan 7, 15 7:33 am

Originally Posted by cozmohoot (Post 24117963)
is loading a reloadit to serve considered cash? same limits?

Yes and yes

Lumpylump76 Jan 7, 15 7:34 am

Interesting. They just made it official that you can't do a Cash Advance from your linked CC. Will be interesting to see if any enforcement action occurs to people who pay the CC that they load from.

cozmohoot Jan 7, 15 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24117968)
Yes and yes

smokes your fast! thanks:)

cdancer20 Jan 7, 15 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24117972)
Interesting. They just made it official that you can't do a Cash Advance from your linked CC. Will be interesting to see if any enforcement action occurs to people who pay the CC that they load from.

Made what official? When and where?

Mamibear Jan 7, 15 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24117972)

as always, people are complacent with what they're getting away with until one day, mass shutdowns happen.

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 24117985)
Made what official? When and where?

see Serve's current Cardholder's member's agreement.

cdancer20 Jan 7, 15 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24118000)
as always, people are complacent with what they're getting away with until one day, mass shutdowns happen.

see Serve's current Cardholder's member's agreement.

LMBO. Trying to see what's different about those rules than were there this time last year. It's always been against the TOS to pay the credit card that you use to upload...

Mamibear Jan 7, 15 8:17 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 24118134)
LMBO. Trying to see what's different about those rules than were there this time last year. It's always been against the TOS to pay the credit card that you use to upload...

people were also laughing and mocking amex until those with OBC got the ax....everything goes a-ok with total disregard of rules until one day, one wakes up to find their account is closed. as long as one is willing to take the risk, they can continue laughing :p

cdancer20 Jan 7, 15 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24118188)
people were also laughing and mocking amex until those with OBC got the ax....everything goes a-ok with total disregard of rules until one day, one wakes up to find their account is closed. as long as one is willing to take the risk, they can continue laughing :p

Hello. Welcome to the world of true MS. It's ALL a risk.

swy Jan 7, 15 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24117885)
Sometime in November, Serve sent out email notice regarding change in their TOS. See Serve's Cardholder's agreement under 5.b(2) where this is mentioned:

while many say they are getting way with it without AA, it is up for each one to decide.

What's AA?

roki Jan 7, 15 8:44 am

Originally Posted by swy (Post 24118261)
What's AA?

Adverse Action.

I have always just done it this way:

My Serve > Wife's card
Wife's Serve > My card

Net zero.

zjts Jan 7, 15 9:48 am

Am I correct that there is no 1K/mo CC deposit with bluebird like there is with Serve? So people are switching to Bluebird for paper checks & to save $ at Walmart, but losing the easy 1K/mo CC deposit?

swy Jan 7, 15 10:23 am

Originally Posted by roki (Post 24118338)
Adverse Action.

I have always just done it this way:

My Serve > Wife's card
Wife's Serve > My card

Net zero.

brb, need to get a wife.

roki Jan 7, 15 10:37 am

Originally Posted by swy (Post 24118934)
brb, need to get a wife.

Immediate family (if trustworthy) works too.

cozmohoot Jan 7, 15 10:37 am

Originally Posted by zjts (Post 24118746)
Am I correct that there is no 1K/mo CC deposit with bluebird like there is with Serve? So people are switching to Bluebird for paper checks & to save $ at Walmart, but losing the easy 1K/mo CC deposit?

correct. serve can even be 1500 cc load with softcard signup

zjts Jan 7, 15 11:14 am

Thank you. Thru hours of searching I have not found any current signup bonus for serve regular nor softcard, am I correct?

knowledgeispower Jan 7, 15 2:43 pm

As far as I've seen there isn't any at the moment

cdancer20 Jan 7, 15 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by zjts (Post 24119301)
Thank you. Thru hours of searching I have not found any current signup bonus for serve regular nor softcard, am I correct?

Your signup bonus will be the extra money in MS you make this month for using Serve/Softcard. :)

mreloki Jan 7, 15 11:28 pm

Just wanted to give a data point:
Serve counts as purchase for AMEX Everyday, and can be used to meet min. spend. Just got 10,000 points and the Amazon prime voucher. I'm pretty sure it's been stated already but the Wiki only said "may meet minimum spend" for Amex.

fafa123 Jan 8, 15 6:44 am

Serve and ATM

Anyone having success pulling out money via an ATM? Moneypass ATMs are supposed to be free but I have not been able to find one in northern NJ. Went to two of the sites on the locator but neither ATM was identified in any way as a Moneypass...

cozmohoot Jan 8, 15 7:32 am

Originally Posted by fafa123 (Post 24124432)
Anyone having success pulling out money via an ATM? Moneypass ATMs are supposed to be free but I have not been able to find one in northern NJ. Went to two of the sites on the locator but neither ATM was identified in any way as a Moneypass...

yes i have used atm. i used the locator and it was listed on the machine

MaineCoon Jan 8, 15 10:37 am

can't log in to my Serve account today. Anybody else?

cozmohoot Jan 8, 15 10:42 am

there is a problem