FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

SilverGGA Jan 9, 15 2:48 pm

I have 4 "Schedule Add" set up and cannot set up the 5th. After I got to "Add Money Settings", I do not see the normal "Set Up Scheduled Add" button as shown here:

http://travelwithgrant.com/amex-serv...serve-reloads/

If you still see the button, can you tell me the https:// link for that button?

For example, the Low Balance Auto Add button link is:

https://secure.serve.com/Account/LowBalanceAutoAdd/Edit

creedcb Jan 9, 15 8:16 pm

Having trouble when clicking on the initial billpay link for the last several days. "Technical Difficulties". Tried multiple computers/browsers, mobile website and android app....same result.

Called customer service, there is no issue with my account per two different reps.

Any idea what's going on?

Red259 Jan 10, 15 12:57 am

Originally Posted by cripps (Post 23686497)
Sorry, to clarify on the above, it is the "Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card". Not the Reserve card...

Anyone use the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card with serve? Wondering if its a cash advance or not.

dingo Jan 10, 15 5:00 am

I currently have an a SamSung s3. I just cancelled my BB account and want to open a Softcard/serve account. My phone needs an enhanced SIM card, so I'll pop over to ATT to get that.

I have a new iPhone sitting at home that I will switch to as soon as I get the Software stuff finished. I don't care about any of the NFC stuff...just the CC loads.

Will the enhanced SIM that I go buy at ATT work in the iPhone that I've previously purchased from ATT, but have not yet activated?

member7777 Jan 10, 15 5:20 am

If it does, let us know

shihyin Jan 10, 15 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Red259 (Post 24137043)
Anyone use the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card with serve? Wondering if its a cash advance or not.

DO NOT USE IT! You will get charged for cash advance.

Leper1111 Jan 10, 15 7:06 am

Apparently a system error on their side (or so they said when I called in). They'll manually add the card--after I call back in 10. Odd.

later

30 minutes of being passed around and on hold and I had to get going. Maybe I'll be able to add the Barclay's card....

Originally Posted by Leper1111 (Post 24134274)
Anyone else having issues linking credit cards?
I tried to link my barclays USAir card but the credit card icons that show Visa, MC, Amex, Discover all turn grey and when I try and submit I get the error message "We're sorry, something went wrong! Please try again."

I didn't submit with other cards since I didn't want to have to go through removing and re-adding, but for a Citi card the icons were grey as well but for Chase and Amex they lit up appropriately.

Lesfilles Jan 10, 15 7:08 am

Can someone please confirm if I use an Amex card to load on serve , this would count towards minimum spending requirements ? the wiki says maybe ??

thanks

darkhunter Jan 10, 15 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles (Post 24138054)
Can someone please confirm if I use an Amex card to load on serve , this would count towards minimum spending requirements ? the wiki says maybe ??

thanks

It did for me with SPG

kanviction Jan 10, 15 1:50 pm

Problem loading Serve at Walmart with Simon gift cards

Posting my single data point. Curious if others experiencing same.

Yesterday could not swipe load to my Serve card at 2 different Walmarts in the Bay Area California with Simon mall visa gift cards.

First WM, tried at register. Fine until PIN prompt. Entered PIN, but told incorrect. Tried it again, still incorrect. Tried a different Simon GC and its PIN. No dice. Had to stop b/c maxed out load attempts.

Second WM, used kiosk (Kate). Also fine until PIN prompt. Entered PIN, then repeatedly prompted to reenter it (oddly the spaces went from 4 digits to 10). Couldn't get past the PIN entry page. Canceled and tried 2 other Simon cards with no success.

FYI - I have only swipe loaded $2K to my Serve account this month so far. Hadn't loaded anything earlier that day. Confirmed with Simon's automatic phone line that GCs were activated and the PINs I was entering were correct.

Anyone else having problems? Ideas on what is the trouble? Hope it is not a sign of future problems using Simon GCs to load Serve.

Red259 Jan 10, 15 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin (Post 24137904)
DO NOT USE IT! You will get charged for cash advance.

Thought so, but thanks for the confirmation!

shermanx Jan 10, 15 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by darkhunter (Post 24139673)
It did for me with SPG

and it did not earn points as wiki said?

bevoinva Jan 10, 15 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by kanviction (Post 24140026)
Second WM, used kiosk (Kate). Also fine until PIN prompt. Entered PIN, then repeatedly prompted to reenter it (oddly the spaces went from 4 digits to 10). Couldn't get past the PIN entry page. Canceled and tried 2 other Simon cards with no success.

Not sure about the other issues but this is the 9-digit PIN problem. Not related to your card - your Kate is broken. Check out the Wiki in the Kate thread for more information.

Blueskyheaven Jan 11, 15 1:49 am

Amex load is still counting towards min spend req and getting the bonus?

bj993 Jan 11, 15 4:47 pm

Posting my single data point. Curious if others experiencing same.

Yesterday could not swipe load to my Serve card at 2 different Walmarts in the Bay Area California with Simon mall visa gift cards.

First WM, tried at register. Fine until PIN prompt. Entered PIN, but told incorrect. Tried it again, still incorrect. Tried a different Simon GC and its PIN. No dice. Had to stop b/c maxed out load attempts.

FYI - I have only swipe loaded $2K to my Serve account this month so far. Hadn't loaded anything earlier that day. Confirmed with Simon's automatic phone line that GCs were activated and the PINs I was entering were correct.

Anyone else having problems? Ideas on what is the trouble? Hope it is not a sign of future problems using Simon GCs to load Serve.

bj993 Jan 11, 15 4:54 pm

Those things happen once in a while and I have no idea why but I leave and go back the next day or so and the cards always load. Last week it happened and just for kicks I went over to the MC and bought the famous $999.30 MO with two SM VGC's and they both worked fine with a split transaction.

Hookm36 Jan 11, 15 8:09 pm

My Brain hurts

I have read most of the entire thread, and apologize if I misread or skipped it, but in summary. I'm able to close BB acct, open Serve, load with CC and pay mortgage using Serve BP ? Is this correct?

V6Jeep4x4 Jan 11, 15 8:20 pm

Absolutely

cdancer20 Jan 12, 15 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24118188)
people were also laughing and mocking amex until those with OBC got the ax....everything goes a-ok with total disregard of rules until one day, one wakes up to find their account is closed. as long as one is willing to take the risk, they can continue laughing :p

Note that the people that got the ax from OBC were doing THOUSANDS of dollars worth of cashback each month. They were always at risk based on the number that they were doing. And this wasn't going on for most people for over a year. The majority of OBC accts were opened after Dec of that year. Totally not anywhere close to the same numbers and risk of AA so you are comparing apples to oranges.

cdancer20 Jan 12, 15 7:24 am

Originally Posted by cozmohoot (Post 24132931)
still waiting on serve SBS credits. any helpful number to call?

Call serve CSR. I had to do it and it wasn't pretty painless.

cdancer20 Jan 12, 15 7:27 am

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 24137627)
I currently have an a SamSung s3. I just cancelled my BB account and want to open a Softcard/serve account. My phone needs an enhanced SIM card, so I'll pop over to ATT to get that.

I have a new iPhone sitting at home that I will switch to as soon as I get the Software stuff finished. I don't care about any of the NFC stuff...just the CC loads.

Will the enhanced SIM that I go buy at ATT work in the iPhone that I've previously purchased from ATT, but have not yet activated?

Do a search in this thread on iphone. For the most part, Iphone requires the special case to work for NFC. Just setup your Serve acct via the Softcard app on your Galaxy S3. (Do not register on serve.com first). Then you can do what you want with your sim card.

IWOL Jan 12, 15 11:24 am

Dont see much in the Serve thread regarding sub accounts and dont see this addressed on the Serve FAQ's.

Can a sub account card be loaded the same way at Walmart as primary?

Can sub accounts use bill pay function?

I undestand that the limits are combined for sub and primary, just want to know if sub account card functions same way as primary for loading and bill pay.

hamokmonky Jan 12, 15 11:44 am

Originally Posted by IWOL (Post 24151040)
Dont see much in the Serve thread regarding sub accounts and dont see this addressed on the Serve FAQ's.

I undestand that the limits are combined for sub and primary, just want to know if sub account card functions same way as primary for loading and bill pay.

Theres not much use to a sub account other than for someone else to spend with. Thats pretty much all they get to do.

Kay_nyc Jan 12, 15 12:52 pm

Has anyone used serve with the Chase IHG visa? I searched two threads, and can't find any reports of whether Serve posts as a cash advance or not.

TIA!

Ritley572 Jan 12, 15 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc (Post 24151759)
Has anyone used serve with the Chase IHG visa? I searched two threads, and can't find any reports of whether Serve posts as a cash advance or not.

TIA!

From this thread's wiki:

Treated as purchase, earns cashback/points/miles: •Bank of America (FIA) (MasterCard, American Express)
•Barclaycard (Mastercard, Visa)
•Capital One (Mastercard, Visa)
•Chase (MasterCard, Visa)
•Citi (MasterCard, American Express)
•Discover

Treated as purchase, but doesn't earn points/miles:•American Express (May count toward minimum spend)

Posts as a cash advance:

•Bank of America (FIA) Visa (Source)
•Citi Visa (Source)
•PNC Visa (Source)
•US Bank Visa (Source)

Let us know if you have a different experience. My CSP has posted as a purchase that earned points this month.

hamokmonky Jan 12, 15 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc (Post 24151759)

TIA!

Ritley beat me to it...

pa5tabear Jan 12, 15 1:51 pm

Can someone confirm whether loading Serve with the Amex Premier Rewards Gold will count towards its minimum spend?

The wiki says it "may count towards minimum spend" for Amex cards... sounds like the answer is yes, but it's not totally clear.

weezl Jan 12, 15 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 24149560)
Do a search in this thread on iphone. For the most part, Iphone requires the special case to work for NFC. Just setup your Serve acct via the Softcard app on your Galaxy S3. (Do not register on serve.com first). Then you can do what you want with your sim card.

Once the soft card is set up with the correct NFC sim in an NFC phone, the sim can be put back in my iphone and I'm good to go with higher load limits online via serve?

cdancer20 Jan 12, 15 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by IWOL (Post 24151040)

Originally Posted by hamokmonky (Post 24151197)
Theres not much use to a sub account other than for someone else to spend with. Thats pretty much all they get to do.

For sake of MS, subaccounts are only good for more Amex Sync offers.

Julian Brennan Jan 12, 15 6:58 pm

Similar problem here! Kroger VGC bought on Saturday, tried to load to wife's BB, didn't work. Tried to load to wife's BB today, didn't work. I don't have a BB but when I used to load Serve this had never happened before. The register gave an Error code 83 if anybody knows what that means... Any help would be appreciated ;-)

nicklesprout Jan 12, 15 7:47 pm

Best Gift Cards to use to load serve at WM and where to get them

Hi, I've been digging around the threads but can't seem to find out the info i need. Can someone answer the following:

1) What Gift Cards are the best to load Serve at Walmart with? Vanilla obviously doesn't work.
2) Where is the best place to get the above cards so that my Manufactured spend is masked? I'm paranoid that Chase is going to close my accounts because i read articles saying they crack down on MS.
3) Why wasn't i able to purchase a $500 Vanilla VGC at Walgreen's with my Chase Sapphire Preferred card? 'Tender not allowed' or something similar was the message.
4) Or can someone point me to relevant posts that can answer my above questions?

Thanks!

mastermind85 Jan 12, 15 9:48 pm

Whats the best way to unload 2.5k on a serve (with $500 VGCs) at the registers with the swipe limits?

noungning Jan 12, 15 10:57 pm

I'm so confused, from reading the wiki and then reading the thread posts. So if I open a Serve card, can I just load it straight from my Citi MC? Or I have to buy a debit GC?

I just need to spend $1,500 but reading these different threads just gets me more confused and nervous to try. :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4bidden Jan 12, 15 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by noungning (Post 24155215)
I'm so confused, from reading the wiki and then reading the thread posts. So if I open a Serve card, can I just load it straight from my Citi MC? Or I have to buy a debit GC?

I just need to spend $1,500 but reading these different threads just gets me more confused and nervous to try. :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.serve.com/help/

Fees and Limits > Limits

ericdabbs Jan 12, 15 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by nicklesprout (Post 24154406)
Hi, I've been digging around the threads but can't seem to find out the info i need. Can someone answer the following:

1) What Gift Cards are the best to load Serve at Walmart with? Vanilla obviously doesn't work.
2) Where is the best place to get the above cards so that my Manufactured spend is masked? I'm paranoid that Chase is going to close my accounts because i read articles saying they crack down on MS.
3) Why wasn't i able to purchase a $500 Vanilla VGC at Walgreen's with my Chase Sapphire Preferred card? 'Tender not allowed' or something similar was the message.
4) Or can someone point me to relevant posts that can answer my above questions?

Thanks!

You need to read this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...re-2015-a.html

somdave2005 Jan 13, 15 5:09 am

I'm having the hardest time adding back my Travelocity credit card to SERVE... tried several times with customer service, and matched the addresses. Will just use my Fidelity amex for now and then retry again next month.

Mamibear Jan 13, 15 5:27 am

Originally Posted by mastermind85 (Post 24154969)
Whats the best way to unload 2.5k on a serve (with $500 VGCs) at the registers with the swipe limits?

IME, the easiest to load are MB and Sunnies VGCs with the usual workaround. I just do 500 at a time when the store is not busy.

hamokmonky Jan 13, 15 6:08 am

Originally Posted by nicklesprout (Post 24154406)
1) What Gift Cards are the best to load Serve at Walmart with? Vanilla obviously doesn't work. anything but vanilla - depends on your location and what you have available to you
2) Where is the best place to get the above cards so that my Manufactured spend is masked? I'm paranoid that Chase is going to close my accounts because i read articles saying they crack down on MS. If you are paranoid chase is going to close your accounts, dont MS with chase.... easy solution.
3) Why wasn't i able to purchase a $500 Vanilla VGC at Walgreen's with my Chase Sapphire Preferred card? 'Tender not allowed' or something similar was the message. fraud alert

See answers in red.

mastermind85 Jan 13, 15 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24156193)
IME, the easiest to load are MB and Sunnies VGCs with the usual workaround. I just do 500 at a time when the store is not busy.

Sunnies? So you dont even split up the transactions into swipes? You just tell the cashier to load $500 5 times?

sameoldme Jan 13, 15 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mastermind85 (Post 24156982)
Sunnies? So you dont even split up the transactions into swipes? You just tell the cashier to load $500 5 times?

Read threads about wal-mart if you want to know what Sunnies are. There is usually more than one cashier at wal-mart. Start small go big. If cashiers know you, they'll have no problem splitting payments. If they don't, they might.