FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

JW008 Jan 17, 15 8:58 am


Originally Posted by christof (Post 24182573)
Hey folks. I funded a $200 test with my Barclays Barclaycard US Airways MasterCard. I chose $200 since the fee is 5% or $10, whichever is greater. After 2 business days, the transaction finally posted to my Barclays account. Does anyone know what this description means: "POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS(EXCLUDING MONEYSEND)"?

I found one search result from October 2014, and it sounded like Barclays wouldn't charge a Cash Advance fee at that time. Does anyone know about today -- will they charge a Cash Advance fee? Does the CA fee show up once the transaction posts to the Barclays.com online account? I don't see one, but I'm wondering if it'll show in the final billing statement.

Thanks, folks!

I've used it for the past two months and haven't had any cash advance fees posted.

Happy Jan 17, 15 10:23 am


Originally Posted by christof (Post 24182573)
Hey folks. I funded a $200 test with my Barclays Barclaycard US Airways MasterCard. I chose $200 since the fee is 5% or $10, whichever is greater. After 2 business days, the transaction finally posted to my Barclays account. Does anyone know what this description means: "POI FUNDING TRANSACTIONS(EXCLUDING MONEYSEND)"?

This is the key word why MC continues to work. It is not coded as money transfer like Visa does.

I found one search result from October 2014, and it sounded like Barclays wouldn't charge a Cash Advance fee at that time. Does anyone know about today -- will they charge a Cash Advance fee? Does the CA fee show up once the transaction posts to the Barclays.com online account? I don't see one, but I'm wondering if it'll show in the final billing statement.

Thanks, folks!


lumangoy Jan 17, 15 10:59 am

anyone who got the email about the $10 credit when putting $150 on reserve get the credit?

tatys00 Jan 17, 15 12:18 pm

Anyone knows if serve will count for the min spend on Amex Platinum? The wiki says it might but how do I know if it does or if it doesn't?

Mamibear Jan 17, 15 12:21 pm


Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 24184533)
anyone who got the email about the $10 credit when putting $150 on reserve get the credit?

I got this in 4/4 accounts. from what I understand, the $150 should be kept in there until 3/31 so I'll park that amount there and see by first week of April if I get all credits.

ryanlion2 Jan 17, 15 1:21 pm

Family Dollar $500 reloads still an option in 2015?
 
hi, I'm interested in buying gift cards with my Amex CC, then taking those GCs to FD and loading my Serve at $500 per day up to the monthly limit. Has anyone had success on this approach in 2015?
I've read the Wiki and all 14 pages of this thread :)

Thanks!

ZzzzX Jan 17, 15 8:05 pm


Originally Posted by ryanlion2 (Post 24185170)
hi, I'm interested in buying gift cards with my Amex CC, then taking those GCs to FD and loading my Serve at $500 per day up to the monthly limit. Has anyone had success on this approach in 2015?
I've read the Wiki and all 14 pages of this thread :)

Thanks!

No. Never works. FD system automatically melts the plastic. Gets goo everywhere. But cleaning supplies are only a buck so I keep going back.

vwks2006 Jan 18, 15 1:04 am


Originally Posted by tatys00 (Post 24184912)
Anyone knows if serve will count for the min spend on Amex Platinum? The wiki says it might but how do I know if it does or if it doesn't?

It did for me.

knowledgeispower Jan 18, 15 8:36 am

This is a bit late but Chase Visa CA posted as a Sale as it has been for everyone else this month (as of 1/15/2015) so far so good :)

azcoyote Jan 18, 15 10:29 am

Google Is in Talks to Buy Mobile-Payments Service Softcard

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/01/...NewsCollection

knowledgeispower Jan 18, 15 1:06 pm

Has anyone tried loading the Citi Simplicity Mastercard specifically? I know the wiki says all Citi Mastercard's are ok without a CA but I just wanted to make sure...

PlyrStar93 Jan 18, 15 1:20 pm


Originally Posted by knowledgeispower (Post 24189889)
Has anyone tried loading the Citi Simplicity Mastercard specifically? I know the wiki says all Citi Mastercard's are ok without a CA but I just wanted to make sure...

Any Citi MasterCard IS fine because the merchant category for MasterCard (not Visa) is "POI Funding Transactions (excluding MC moneysend)", which is not considered as cash advance by Citi. But why do you want to load with the Simplicity? It's not a reward earning card after all.

anime333 Jan 18, 15 7:02 pm

Will it count for minimum spend on Amex Business Gold?

mrkenneth Jan 19, 15 1:04 pm

Does anyone know if the TD Bank Aeroplan VISA would be treated as a purchase or cash advance?

HGF Jan 19, 15 2:45 pm


Originally Posted by PlyrStar93 (Post 24181938)
3636 N Broadway?

From the phenomenon, it seemed like someone else loaded close to $2k before you, and you got caught by the velocity limit. But how did you figure out the "limit" could be $200? Did you try smaller amounts with successful loads?

I kept trying lower and lower loads until it started working.

PlyrStar93 Jan 19, 15 3:18 pm


Originally Posted by HGF (Post 24196437)
I kept trying lower and lower loads until it started working.

Very interesting. I never knew you could cancel and get back and try another load when it asked for manager approval. What I thought was the machine got locked and nothing could be done without an employee coming to unlock it.

christof Jan 19, 15 8:50 pm

For anyone curious about the Softcard tap to pay promotion that gave $10 Amazon gift cards for every 5 taps… Although there was a limit of 5 cards and 3 gift cards per card, I tried 6 cards.

I did 30 separate 7˘ Softcard transactions thrice (at three different Home Depot locations) on 12/30/2014, a total of $6.30. On 1/19/2015, I received 2 separate Amazon codes: $60 and $90. I never contacted support. I love Softcard!

HGF Jan 19, 15 8:56 pm


Originally Posted by PlyrStar93 (Post 24196608)
Very interesting. I never knew you could cancel and get back and try another load when it asked for manager approval. What I thought was the machine got locked and nothing could be done without an employee coming to unlock it.

I clicked the red cancel button the pin pad and it brought me back to the home screen.

ericliujian Jan 19, 15 11:12 pm

I have one problem loading serve at walmart kate. After I swipt my serve card, enter the amount. It always says: Invalid card swipe. I tried walmart money card option, BB option. At first I thought it may because of my serve card. I already requested a new card. The same problem. Usually 60% failed just because of the invalid card swipe. Maybe there is something wrong with the kate. The CS or the regular check out line are both fine. But I really do not want to load too many time at one time. Kate is my favourate. Any suggestion?

ericdabbs Jan 19, 15 11:33 pm


Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 24198743)
I have one problem loading serve at walmart kate. After I swipt my serve card, enter the amount. It always says: Invalid card swipe. I tried walmart money card option, BB option. At first I thought it may because of my serve card. I already requested a new card. The same problem. Usually 60% failed just because of the invalid card swipe. Maybe there is something wrong with the kate. The CS or the regular check out line are both fine. But I really do not want to load too many time at one time. Kate is my favourate. Any suggestion?

Did you ever think that it could be the Kate card reader is faulty? It could work sometimes but not all the time. Obviously you replaced your card and that didn't fix the issue and you were able to load just fine at CS and regular checkout line.

PlyrStar93 Jan 19, 15 11:35 pm


Originally Posted by HGF (Post 24198281)
I clicked the red cancel button the pin pad and it brought me back to the home screen.

Thanks for the tip. Should I ever encounter the manager approval thing I will try this. I will check the Kates nearby later to see if they have such limits. Last three days I could load way more than $200 at a time at one Kate, just 1 or 2 loads will take care of a 500 vgc. But I will go to another location and see if it works out.


Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 24198743)
I have one problem loading serve at walmart kate. After I swipt my serve card, enter the amount. It always says: Invalid card swipe. I tried walmart money card option, BB option. At first I thought it may because of my serve card. I already requested a new card. The same problem. Usually 60% failed just because of the invalid card swipe. Maybe there is something wrong with the kate. The CS or the regular check out line are both fine. But I really do not want to load too many time at one time. Kate is my favourate. Any suggestion?

Might be you didn't position the card well, and didn't swipe the card smoothly. I have had such experiences at Kate and other POS terminals (at other stores - card read error) with my cards. Swiping again generally will work. However, it could be because of the terminal having problems reading the mag stripe.

ericliujian Jan 20, 15 8:00 am


Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24198798)
Did you ever think that it could be the Kate card reader is faulty? It could work sometimes but not all the time. Obviously you replaced your card and that didn't fix the issue and you were able to load just fine at CS and regular checkout line.

Yes, I think it may be the kate's card reader. But one strange thing is that the gobank card never have the issue. It is fine everytime. So I am really confused.

DeathChurch Jan 20, 15 8:30 am


Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 24198743)
I have one problem loading serve at walmart kate. After I swipt my serve card, enter the amount. It always says: Invalid card swipe. I tried walmart money card option, BB option. At first I thought it may because of my serve card. I already requested a new card. The same problem. Usually 60% failed just because of the invalid card swipe. Maybe there is something wrong with the kate. The CS or the regular check out line are both fine. But I really do not want to load too many time at one time. Kate is my favourate. Any suggestion?

I've run into this problem a few times this month, and I think the problem is with the speed at which I enter the amount. If I'm trying to load $200 and quickly enter the amount I'll get the invalid card message. If I enter the amount a little slower then it goes through without a problem. It's literally like a second difference in the speed. Kind of odd.

Bryant Leeds Jan 20, 15 11:19 am


Originally Posted by christof (Post 24198254)
For anyone curious about the Softcard tap to pay promotion that gave $10 Amazon gift cards for every 5 taps… Although there was a limit of 5 cards and 3 gift cards per card, I tried 6 cards.

I did 30 separate 7˘ Softcard transactions thrice (at three different Home Depot locations) on 12/30/2014, a total of $6.30. On 1/19/2015, I received 2 separate Amazon codes: $60 and $90. I never contacted support. I love Softcard!


Check your math: 15 uses per card = $30; 6 cards * $30 = $180

$30 * 5 cards [max] = $150 ($60+ $90).


So you are saying that all your uses were on 12/30/14 and you already received your Amazon Gift cards? I'm still waiting for my balance payout from Nov/Dec spends. :(

msp3 Jan 20, 15 1:38 pm

Anyone get this offer in their e-mail?

Why wait up to 21 days or longer for your refund check to arrive in the mail? From shopping to bill paying, think of all the ways you’ll be able to use your refund if you get it fast as a Direct Deposit to your American Express Serve® Account.

As a valued customer, you’ve been selected to receive a $20 Account credit after your 2014 federal tax refund is added to your American Express Serve Account using Direct Deposit.*

When it’s time to file your taxes, use your Serve Account and Routing numbers to have your refund automatically added to your Account as a one-time Direct Deposit. It’s fast, FREE and easy!

*To receive the $20 statement credit from American Express Serve you must (i) file your 2014 federal tax return by April 15, 2015 and elect to receive your refund on your American Express Serve Account by Direct Deposit, and (ii) receive your refund by May 31, 2015. A qualifying Direct Deposit is an electronic deposit of a 2014 1040 income tax refund directly into your American Express Serve Account. In the case of a joint tax return, the first name and social security number associated with the refund must match the name and social security number on the American Express Serve Account receiving the Direct Deposit. No more than two (2) tax refunds may be added to an American Express Serve Account via Direct Deposit per calendar year. The following do not qualify for the promotion: refund anticipation loans or other similar providers/products, or transfers or load into your American Express Serve Account from any funding source other than a Direct Deposit of a refund received directly from the government. American Express Serve is not responsible for income tax return or refund processing or direct deposit requests that are not honored or otherwise erroneously processed by the Internal Revenue Service, United States Treasury or their agents. Statement credit will be posted to your American Express Serve Account within thirty (30) days of satisfying the above requirements. Limit one (1) $10 credit per American Express Serve Account. Subaccount holders are not eligible to earn a credit. Offer subject to change or cancellation at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer(s). Offer valid only for the primary recipient of this email and shall be void if transferred or fowarded.

Red259 Jan 20, 15 4:02 pm

In the wiki it says the barclay cards will be ok with serve. I wanted to use the barclay arrival+ to fund my account for 1k per month for the next three months at least until I make the initial spend. Has anyone had any problem with barclays in doing this?

Preacher7 Jan 20, 15 4:32 pm


Originally Posted by Red259 (Post 24203347)
In the wiki it says the barclay cards will be ok with serve. I wanted to use the barclay arrival+ to fund my account for 1k per month for the next three months at least until I make the initial spend. Has anyone had any problem with barclays in doing this?

I've been using that card to fund serve for months, and it hasn't been a CA. It's been a purchase, with no fees.

sfkhan Jan 20, 15 8:58 pm

SR asked for my ID while loading Serve at Walmart Kiosk(Kate)
 
I understand the limit for uploading in a day is $2500 so I proceeded with loading $2k and while loading the last $500, it displayed a message on the lines of CSR has notified to assist you.
A minute later, CSR came and said she will have to do it over the register. Asked for my ID and serve and started entering information from my DL into the system. I asked her why does she need all this information as I have never encountered this before, upon which she told me when you hit the limit on the Kate, it requires for information to be added to the system. I asked her if she could just cancel and I can have my card back but she said and she is almost done and then asked for swiping the debit card.
Any idea why she added info in the system? Is this normal? I hope my name didnt get added to the list of people to watch out for? Im a bit paranoid as this is the only working kate in the whole are. I will definitely be keeping my loading at 2K.

Edit: loaded 5x$100, 5x$200 and 2 x $500, first $500 and the rest after 40mins

mrmandel Jan 20, 15 9:15 pm


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24204912)
I understand the limit for uploading in a day is $2500 so I proceeded with loading $2k and while loading the last $500, it displayed a message on the lines of CSR has notified to assist you.
A minute later, CSR came and said she will have to do it over the register. Asked for my ID and serve and started entering information from my DL into the system. I asked her why does she need all this information as I have never encountered this before, upon which she told me when you hit the limit on the Kate, it requires for information to be added to the system. I asked her if she could just cancel and I can have my card back but she said and she is almost done and then asked for swiping the debit card.
Any idea why she added info in the system? Is this normal? I hope my name didnt get added to the list of people to watch out for? Im a bit paranoid as this is the only working kate in the whole are. I will definitely be keeping my loading at 2K.

You never read the Serve thread. I believe you should keep it to $1999.99.

sfkhan Jan 20, 15 9:20 pm


Originally Posted by mrmandel (Post 24204986)
You never read the Serve thread. I believe you should keep it to $1999.99.

Yeah, I heard about not doing more than $1999.99 within 10mins or Kate starting PMsing :p

Ill split $1000 and $1500 next time

dukerau Jan 20, 15 9:24 pm


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24204912)
Edit: loaded 5x$100, 5x$200 and 2 x $500, first $500 and the rest after 40mins

I doubt you'll have any follow up from this incident, but that was a rookie mistake. 5x$100 / 40 min / 5x$200 + 2x$500? Sounds like your second session was too much too fast. $1999.99 per rolling 10 minutes. Shoulda done one of the $200s in your first session.

dukerau Jan 20, 15 9:26 pm


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24205010)
Yeah, I heard about not doing more than $1999.99 within 10mins or Kate starting PMsing :p

Ill split $1000 and $1500 next time

So you knew about it but decided it didn't apply to you? Drawing attention to what you are doing is bad for you and all of us. Why do you use FT if you don't follow basic guidance?

Alcibiades Jan 20, 15 9:28 pm


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24204912)
Edit: loaded 5x$100, 5x$200 and 2 x $500, first $500 and the rest after 40mins


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24205010)
Yeah, I heard about not doing more than $1999.99 within 10mins or Kate starting PMsing :p

But it sounds like the 5x$200 and 2x$500 were all done together, one after another ?

sfkhan Jan 20, 15 9:43 pm


Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 24205025)
I doubt you'll have any follow up from this incident, but that was a rookie mistake. 5x$100 / 40 min / 5x$200 + 2x$500? Sounds like your second session was too much too fast. $1999.99 per rolling 10 minutes. Shoulda done one of the $200s in your first session.

I did give it 10mins after the 5x$200 load. Maybe need to wait out a bit more ^

ericdabbs Jan 20, 15 10:35 pm


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24205116)

Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 24205025)
I doubt you'll have any follow up from this incident, but that was a rookie mistake. 5x$100 / 40 min / 5x$200 + 2x$500? Sounds like your second session was too much too fast. $1999.99 per rolling 10 minutes. Shoulda done one of the $200s in your first session.

I did give it 10mins after the 5x$200 load. Maybe need to wait out a bit more ^

Yes for god sakes wait longer. The 10 min rule is just a guess. Always side on caution. An extra 5 mins wont kill u.

jonnydoe1234 Jan 20, 15 11:06 pm

This is why all of the Kates in my area are never working. Too many newbies doing stupid things.

ftomasze Jan 20, 15 11:11 pm

Impatient and careless. Two attributes that will get paperwork filled out on you every time.

ACVid Jan 21, 15 5:56 am


Originally Posted by sfkhan (Post 24204856)
I understand the limit for uploading in a day is $2500 so I proceeded with loading $2k and while loading the last $500, it displayed a message on the lines of CSR has notified to assist you.

A minute later, CSR came and said she will have to do it over the register. Asked for my ID and serve and started entering information from my DL into the system. I asked her why does she need all this information as I have never encountered this before, upon which she told me when you hit the limit on the Kate, it requires for information to be added to the system. I asked her if she could just cancel and I can have my card back but she said and she is almost done and then asked for swiping the debit card.

Any idea why she added info in the system? Is this normal? I hope my name didnt get added to the list of people to watch out for? Im a bit paranoid as this is the only working kate in the whole are. I will definitely be keeping my loading at 2K.

Kate has a velocity limit of $2000. Once you hit 2k it freeze on you. You need to load less than 2k and wait at least 10min before loading the remaining $500.

rylan Jan 21, 15 6:43 am

Just do 1500 at Kate and go to a register for the remainder.

creedcb Jan 21, 15 8:58 pm


Originally Posted by creedcb (Post 24136184)
Having trouble when clicking on the initial billpay link for the last several days. "Technical Difficulties". Tried multiple computers/browsers, mobile website and android app....same result.

Called customer service, there is no issue with my account per two different reps.

Any idea what's going on?

Answering my own question here for a datapoint. I switched my wife from bluebird to serve. Everything went fine except I wasn't able to use the billpay. The issue was the email address as follows:

MY bluebird email = [email protected]
SPOUSE old bluebird email = [email protected]
SPOUSE new serve email = [email protected] (I wanted all emails to come to MY gmail address, so I placed the period at the end of my email address)

I couldn't access the billpay page so I changed SPOUSE email from [email protected] to [email protected] (original bluebird email) and now everything is functioning fine.

It's weird how I was able to use the [email protected] to register the serve card but caused problems with bill pay.

Just a heads up when using the "period" within a gmail address to receive emails at the same address. Note: I tried using the "+" gmail method when initially signing up for spouses' serve and it wouldn't let me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:46 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.