FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

silver6054 Dec 29, 15 9:40 am

Originally Posted by JuneBug30 (Post 25930471)

Well, hopefully a little bit longer as I assume they won't close/convert everyone's account that day.

Stivelio Dec 29, 15 10:38 am

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 25930502)
Well, hopefully a little bit longer as I assume they won't close/convert everyone's account that day.

I have this card for a few months now and didn't realize that I could have scores free 2% points. So dumb of me !

slbnoob Dec 29, 15 11:56 am

I've used my Penfed Travel AMEX to load regular Serve for 2 months now. However I still don't see reward points. Couldn't find evidence of this elsewhere, so just wanted to throw it out there FYI.

nwflyboy Dec 29, 15 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by slbnoob (Post 25931262)
I've used my Penfed Travel AMEX to load regular Serve for 2 months now. However I still don't see reward points. Couldn't find evidence of this elsewhere, so just wanted to throw it out there FYI.

Not familiar with Penfed - do they have their own points currency, or does this card earn Amex points?

FWIW I've been getting points on my non-Amex branded "Amex" card.

SpammersAreScum Dec 29, 15 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 25931422)
Not familiar with Penfed - do they have their own points currency, or does this card earn Amex points?

FWIW I've been getting points on my non-Amex branded "Amex" card.

I have the PenFed Visa for points on gas and groceries, and the PenFed Amex for travel. Both earn (separate) points of their own flavor, which you can redeem at around .82 to .85 cents per point in gift cards, travel, etc. They get very little use these days, as I can do better with other cards.

Still trying to decide whether to take the plunge and get Serve, so I can't speak to how that would work.

Jim Jdr Dec 31, 15 5:24 am

Correct me if I"am wrong, but with a soft card serve account you can add a credit card that is not american express ? I think its the new serve account that you can only add american express credit cards correct ?

I have tried to add my credit card a couple times it will add then show linked but then when I try to add funds to my soft card serve account I get

" For security reasons, we're currently unable to complete your request. To fix this, please call Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318, available 24/7. "
And I uploaded a copy of my DL as I got a serve email requesting it right after. Then a few days later they send me an email wanting me to send them a picture of the front of my non amex CC or a picture of my CC statement which is ridiculous and I refuse to give them my personal info on my CC which is none of their business.

I even called them and they said it showed fine and should work but every time I call in they disconnect on me like on purpose.

I"am wondering if they are doing it on purpose because they dont want me to be able to add a non amex CC.

On another note they did fix my debit card funding it was limiting me to $1000 per month when soft card serve accounts are supposed to be $1500 per month. I had to go around and around with them I even had them go to the serve.com web page where it shows its supposed to be $1500 and the woman still tried to deny it saying it was only $1500 when soft card was in business then after soft card sold out it went to $1000 so I said ok then tell me what date amex mailed me notification that they were reducing my $1500 debit card load limit to $1000 then I asked to speak to a supervisor and he agreed with me and said my account showed its supposed to be $1500 debit load limit, but he said before they could fix it the problem with security alert they sent me had to be cleared.

So he transfered me and I said cant you get my CC company on the phone and resolve this issue and she said ok so she transferred me to someone for that only the idiot transferred me to amex CC dept like OMG I told her what bank my CC was and its not amex lol. Then she transferred me back and call disconnected. Like OMG are they a bunch of idiots ????

DaveInLA Dec 31, 15 8:59 am

What's the single transaction load limit for Serve at RiteAid? I have a $1000 VGC coming in and would like to load it all at once.

memphian901 Dec 31, 15 10:17 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 25941249)
What's the single transaction load limit for Serve at RiteAid? I have a $1000 VGC coming in and would like to load it all at once.

great data point coming! :)

Let us know ... I'm sure you can do a 1k load in a single trx.

BTW - I love that Rite Aid's are allowing Serve loads now; it's been a breath of fresh air, although I can't do the volumes I do, but I just spread it out now.

Sean Hanley Dec 31, 15 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 25941249)

$500

geclub1 Dec 31, 15 12:13 pm

Never mind.

ChrisFlyer66 Jan 6, 16 10:19 am

new Amex Serve thread for 2016

This thread was closed so a new thread can be started for 2016.

The new thread is here.