Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Sep 1, 15, 2:07 pm
  #1771  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 283
So sad. I just moved to a new location because of work and checked out my nearest SM -- it's a shell of a mall and there is no guest services / gift card station.
missing_link is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 2:46 pm
  #1772  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by missing_link View Post
So sad. I just moved to a new location because of work and checked out my nearest SM -- it's a shell of a mall and there is no guest services / gift card station.
I went to one this weekend. No one was there, and had a little clock saying we'll be back at 2:30. I was there at 2:00. I killed time as long as possible. 2:30 came, and still no one. So I managed to kill more time until 3:15 and still no one returned. Wasn't very happy. Decide to pony up and pay shipping then spend my time and gas again on that location.
czech99 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 4:39 pm
  #1773  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 167
Originally Posted by gumpfanatic View Post
Anyone have any luck at Simon.com's volume purchases? They gave me an account and i was able to purchase $1,000 gift cards for a few months. Then all of a sudden today I got an email that said "We have reviewed the card usage on gift cards you have purchased from us, and now your maximum denomination is $500."

Sad to see that they are tracking how gift cards get spent.
What's the total cost to buy $1,000 online?
fyugioh is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 5:58 pm
  #1774  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by fyugioh View Post
What's the total cost to buy $1,000 online?
I would assume the regular 3.95 fee plus shipping
czech99 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 6:27 pm
  #1775  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 322
I have Simon affiliated mall nearby, where do you buy gift cards in this mall? when I go on their website and click on the gift cards it takes me to giftcardmall.com where you can only purchase one 500 dollars gift card at a time.
nfpa70e is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 6:46 pm
  #1776  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by jaggudada11 View Post
I have Simon affiliated mall nearby, where do you buy gift cards in this mall? when I go on their website and click on the gift cards it takes me to giftcardmall.com where you can only purchase one 500 dollars gift card at a time.
Guest services/information. Usually an "i" on the mall map.
czech99 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 7:02 pm
  #1777  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 322
Thanks Czech

Is there advantage of buying online vs in a mall or vice a versa? I'm sorry I have read tons of post and haven't come across the post that answers this.

Looks like online they charge you 6.95 for 500 denomination and you can only order one at a time. If you go to mall, perhaps the fees is slightly less and you can buy more than 1, is this true? I'm just guessing this.
nfpa70e is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 7:05 pm
  #1778  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 55
It's definitely cheaper to go in person even for the fact that you don't pay 3.99 for trackable shipping. As for the fees I thought they were all 3.95 regardless of denomination but I could be wrong.
czech99 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 8:59 pm
  #1779  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by gumpfanatic View Post
Anyone have any luck at Simon.com's volume purchases? They gave me an account and i was able to purchase $1,000 gift cards for a few months. Then all of a sudden today I got an email that said "We have reviewed the card usage on gift cards you have purchased from us, and now your maximum denomination is $500."

Sad to see that they are tracking how gift cards get spent.
Same here. Hopefully the decrease to $500 cards is as much trouble as I get in. I am very limited on where to buy gift cards here in the middle of nowhere!
Familyof5 is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 9:02 pm
  #1780  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 393
Yeah everyone ultimately runs into troubles with the $1k card.

Dropped by to purchase $9.5k today and was assisted by a nice agent who knows me by first name. She asked if I knew why there was a sudden increase of orders recently.
donuteric is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 9:10 pm
  #1781  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Posts: 3,591
Originally Posted by donuteric View Post
Yeah everyone ultimately runs into troubles with the $1k card.

Dropped by to purchase $9.5k today and was assisted by a nice agent who knows me by first name. She asked if I knew why there was a sudden increase of orders recently.
Lol my guy said that actually the start of the month isnt a big day at their mall. Apparently not too many people do the BB/RB here?
xolinlevh is offline  
Old Sep 1, 15, 9:44 pm
  #1782  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 393
Originally Posted by xolinlevh View Post
Lol my guy said that actually the start of the month isnt a big day at their mall. Apparently not too many people do the BB/RB here?
I was guessing perhaps people would turn themselves to Simon during AGC's draught.
donuteric is offline  
Old Sep 2, 15, 7:06 am
  #1783  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4,356
Originally Posted by xolinlevh View Post
Lol my guy said that actually the start of the month isnt a big day at their mall. Apparently not too many people do the BB/RB here?
Or people have better ways to feed their birds than 1x at Simon Mall.
cdancer20 is offline  
Old Sep 2, 15, 1:16 pm
  #1784  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum = Mid Tier Master!
Posts: 29
Cost Difference online vs in store

Originally Posted by fyugioh View Post
What's the total cost to buy $1,000 online?
I was able to drop by my local mall to purchase my usual $5K order that I was doing online. These are the difference in costs:

Online: Cards- $5,000 Fees- $29.75 Shipping- $10.47 TOTAL- $5,040.22

In Store: Cards- $5,000 Fees- $30.95 TOTAL- $5,030.95

So I save $9.27 in store, but I haven't factored in gas, and the sheer inconvenience of unloading 10 gift cards as opposed to 5.
gumpfanatic is offline  
Old Sep 2, 15, 1:22 pm
  #1785  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by gumpfanatic View Post
In Store: Cards- $5,000 Fees- $30.95 TOTAL- $5,030.95
Your fees for $5K in store will be $39.50, not $30.95.
Aleko is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: