Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Are there any other stock brokers that accept credit cards?
I've never known one that does. That's why it's such a big deal that loyal3 does accept them. Perhaps the only reason that they can afford to is because unlike with a standard broker, they claim that the individual companies pay trading and other fees in the hopes of attracting buy-and-hold investors who they hope will also be more engaged with (read: willing to spend money on) their brand. Since traditional brokers don't have such a mechanism to cover their costs, it's hard to imagine one that would accept credit cards for stock purchases.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:46 pm

I sold GPRO today from the $24 IPO, it was at just over $48. Shares sold at $47.68 because of their batch method, but shares were as low as $46.54 at 3:27, so I guess I didn't get completely shafted.
It's still pending so I don't have the cash in my account yet, but I'll be withdrawing and reloading into another stock soon.

This has been a fun experience, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:05 pm

After my first month using Loyal3 I made a profit of $69 on $2250 stock purchases plus the 5000 Arrival points worth $55.

Not too bad. Made most of the profit on one stock (Globant) lost small amounts on all others.

It takes around 3 days for funds to be in your Loyal 3 account after initiating sale but the funds showed up in my bank account the same evening the transfer ws initiated.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
I have been hitting L3 real hard each month, bulk buy/sell and to day I received an email from them...it reads.
Dear MasterCharge,

LOYAL3 focuses on providing a fee-free platform that brings brands together with people who love them. However, as a broker-dealer, LOYAL3 is obligated to review client accounts on our platform in order to detect any activity or transactions that are not consistent with our products and services or may be an indication of fraud. Such activity may include, but is not limited to, the following:

• ACH/credit card payment rejects
• Changes in ACH/credit card data
• Account owners sharing ACH/credit card accounts
• Large or excessive cash deposits and/or withdrawals
• Buy and sell orders submitted without regard of gain or loss
• Changes in contact information, such as email and phone number
• Activity that doesn’t appear consistent with a normal investment practice
• Inappropriate use of the LOYAL3 platform

Based on our review, we have determined recent activity in your account may not be consistent with appropriate use of the LOYAL3 platform.

With that being said, this notice is to inform you that we will continue to monitor your account and if such activity continues or increases, your account may be restricted and/or closed. In the case of account closure, you will not be allowed to make any new purchases or participate in future IPOs.

We value your patronage and hope LOYAL3 can continue to play a successful role in your investment endeavors.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We’re here to help.

LOYAL3
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 855-256-9253
has anyone else received this email at all? I move about 5-8.7K (i recycle the only 58 stocks they have 2-3X) each month and just ach out as soon as they make the funds available.

Last edited by MasterCharge; Aug 22, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:36 pm

How hard? if you don't mind sharing
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
I have been hitting L3 real hard each month, bulk buy/sell and to day I received an email from them...it reads.

has anyone else received this email at all? I move about 5-8.7K (i recycle the only 58 stocks they have 2-3X) each month and just ach out as soon as they make the funds available.
I got that email a couple days ago, but I think for a different reason than you. I made about 15 buys on my arrival+ card and Barclay's rejected the last 7-8 transactions. I think they sent me one of those due to the rejections, but they haven't done anything since then and I've bought another 1.5k or so with no rejections.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL
How hard? if you don't mind sharing
more than 4K each month
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:43 pm

I got that too awhile back. I was doing 2500 blocks when they were allowed. Since then I've just done the IPOs. Buy and sell, cash out. No issue yet.

I think the solution to L3 is to buy on a recurring schedule and sell when there is x profit and cash out. Rinse and repeat. Hold onto to some shares in some holding while moving others. That way there is a definitive pattern that you buy and hold and sell for profit. If you are selling without regard to profit/loss and also selling immediately, they know you aren't investing with them and instead are just using them for cc processing.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG

About $2k month to date here in purchase activity with 3k in sales (from previous months purchases) and no notification (yet). $2k is biggest month yet - 3x July, which was 2x June. Slowly ramped up to this level, hoping to continue at this level...

Side note - have profited (minimally, but it's still a profit!) overall YTD with them. LOVE the service.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
About $2k month to date here in purchase activity with 3k in sales (from previous months purchases) and no notification (yet). $2k is biggest month yet - 3x July, which was 2x June. Slowly ramped up to this level, hoping to continue at this level...

Side note - have profited (minimally, but it's still a profit!) overall YTD with them. LOVE the service.
same here, love the service, its a very efficient way to MS. I'll just keep 1K min in the account from now on just to make sure they don't shut me down.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:29 pm

damn, i feel at 2-3k its not worth it..

i'll have to think more about incorporating this
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by VizeL
damn, i feel at 2-3k its not worth it..

i'll have to think more about incorporating this
I did 2k this month. Was kinda fun, thinking of it like a gamble
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have been doing 4k a month. All of it is scheduled and I do 10x $50 per scheduled day - 8 days a month.

My difference is I have not sold any of it. I keep building a balance and will dump it all next year when my Barclays Arrival 0% apr is over to pay off the card. I'm in to leverage Barclays "free money" vs earning points.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by r.brown
I have been doing 4k a month. All of it is scheduled and I do 10x $50 per scheduled day - 8 days a month.

My difference is I have not sold any of it. I keep building a balance and will dump it all next year when my Barclays Arrival 0% apr is over to pay off the card. I'm in to leverage Barclays "free money" vs earning points.
Better hope the markets don't experience a pull-back. I've got a few grand in L3 I'm holding onto (on top of the regular MS buys/sells), but I wouldn't want to add $4k per month to what I'm floating, particularly for as long as you're planning to hold it for. But to each their own!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, HH, MR, Emirates
I got the same email when I was hitting it hard with 2500 for each stock. Since then I stopped when it was limited to 50. For me it doesn't worth it. I will just get in for the next IPO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.