Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:18 am

Requested $5k, also only received $500

" If you registered for the IPO using a credit card, you will only be charged for the amount of IPO stock you received."

Last edited by gunner725; Jun 26, 2014 at 7:19 am Reason: Allocation Data point
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I put in for just $1,000, but I funded my account with cash, and I received 7.3992 shares. Seems like they have a different definition of 'first come, first served' than others ... though I understand they would have to account for some people potentially pulling out.

Regardless, I applaud GoPro and Loyal3 for providing the public a way to participate in this Initial Public Offering. I have a Merrill Lynch account and a while back when Potbelly Sandwich went public I asked them if I could get an allocation (have had an account for years with them with a mid five figure balance and they were a lead underwriter) and they said I didn't have the right type of account. Of course, looking at the stock chart I guess they did me a favor.

ShareBuilder has had some access to IPO's in the past, though it seems to be limited in recent IPO activity (they had Empire State Realty Trust when it came out, but that's the only one I've seen in the past few years).
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:29 am

Driving in to work listening to CNBC I was surprised the amount of coverage this was getting, about half the time this is what they were talking about, including an interview with the founder. They said the IPO was 20 times over-subscribed and the reason the pricing took longer than expected was because there was some talk of raising the price but the founder supposedly wanted to stick with $24.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Although the real question I have is if they'll still take 10k off the card. Which would make me happy. The email they sent the other day made it sound like it (something about your allocation will be charged and the rest will be put into cash for investing or withdrawal). That would be a nice bonus. However, I think this IPO is going way up out of the gate so getting all 10k would have been nice.
No such luck for us. They took only what they needed.

Unless this gopro goes up 100% or more, it is a waste of time.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by opus2002
Unless this gopro goes up 100% or more, it is a waste of time.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:24 am

Although the real question I have is if they'll still take 10k off the card. Which would make me happy. The email they sent the other day made it sound like it (something about your allocation will be charged and the rest will be put into cash for investing or withdrawal). That would be a nice bonus. However, I think this IPO is going way up out of the gate so getting all 10k would have been nice.

Only the amount they need

Originally Posted by Beckles
I put in for just $1,000, but I funded my account with cash, and I received 7.3992 shares. Seems like they have a different definition of 'first come, first served' than others ... though I understand they would have to account for some people potentially pulling out.

Regardless, I applaud GoPro and Loyal3 for providing the public a way to participate in this Initial Public Offering. I have a Merrill Lynch account and a while back when Potbelly Sandwich went public I asked them if I could get an allocation (have had an account for years with them with a mid five figure balance and they were a lead underwriter) and they said I didn't have the right type of account. Of course, looking at the stock chart I guess they did me a favor.

ShareBuilder has had some access to IPO's in the past, though it seems to be limited in recent IPO activity (they had Empire State Realty Trust when it came out, but that's the only one I've seen in the past few years).
I too, applaud them on obtaining/distributing IPOs. In truth, I suppose this is the fairest way to distribute IPOs, and its likely better for them overall to get more customers, instead of having 1000 people be assigned all the shares. Although I did not know ShareBuilder got in on IPO action, that is interesting! I am curious how their allocation works.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:55 am

Well, GPRO opens over 20% up!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by VizeL
Well, GPRO opens over 20% up!
Almost 30% now. That 10k sure would have been nice.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:59 am

Almost 30% now. That 10k sure would have been nice.
Yea...or what a poster above did and opened two accounts that I didn't think of it!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by VizeL
Yea...or what a poster above did and opened two accounts that I didn't think of it!
38%...le sigh.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:31 am

Question now is how long to hold onto it
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Beckles

I haven't heard "boo" from Sharebuilder on IPOs and I've been with them for a few years. The Loyal3 experience was pretty good in terms of communication for each step of the IPO. I'm not upset that I only got 5.6 shares... at least it's something.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by iruvmattree
Question now is how long to hold onto it
Sell. It's only up on hype. Market valuations don't actually support such a large valuation, especially if other players enter the market (e.g. Sony who announced that they WILL enter the market.) GPRO is attempting to reposition as a media company.

I've put in my sell order already. If I could, I'd buy puts on it that would expire 3-4 months out as I believe GPRO will steadily decline after the initial IPO bubble.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by KimSolo
I haven't heard "boo" from Sharebuilder on IPOs and I've been with them for a few years.
I'm not aware that they publicize their IPO's, but under "Trade" there's a tab for "IPO Offers", like I said, the only one I've seen in the past few years was Empire State Realty Trust, but I may have missed some since you have to look for what they have on offer.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:11 pm
Suspended

I put a GPRO sell order at about 1:30 est. so it should sell today at >30% gain. + the hotel points! which was the original purpose of the purchase.

Now I feel like I can stand to lose a little down the road on other stocks and still come out ahead. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.