Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by MasterCharge
its $2500 but YMMV, i moved 5.1K this month, 2.5K on the 1st of this month and another 2.6K on the 15th on this months
An additional 2.5k would be great for my MS

Did you do this all in $50 increments into the same/diff stocks? And is withdrawal as easy as transferring to my bank account?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:46 am

I believe the $2500/month applies per Stock.

The approach I've been using is selecting 12-18 stocks and buying half on 1 day and the other the next and just repeat. Haven't received any warnings from Citi or L3 for doing that. Usually end up with about doing about 5k a month.

The transfer is pretty easy but takes a few days. From Sale to "Available Funds" is 2 business days, then an extra 2 to transfer to your bank account.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by gunner725
I believe the $2500/month applies per Stock.

The approach I've been using is selecting 12-18 stocks and buying half on 1 day and the other the next and just repeat. Haven't received any warnings from Citi or L3 for doing that. Usually end up with about doing about 5k a month.

The transfer is pretty easy but takes a few days. From Sale to "Available Funds" is 2 business days, then an extra 2 to transfer to your bank account.
Thanks! is there a recommended holding period? After your purchases

Lastly would the following be correct (2.5k worth of transactions on 1st of the month amongst however many stocks i want, then 2.5k worth of stocks on 15th of the month once again)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:58 pm

In for my first 10 x $50 order on my Arrival+ card.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Posting some limited experience with them. I did a 3 stock ($50 each), took about two days to process the CC payment then I think it purchased on the 2nd day into the pending period. I waited a few days to hold, and sold the 3 stocks. Made $3.70 on $150 worth of points.

I did a run of 10 stocks each at $50 a couple days ago, they got purchased today. Will probably hold on to them until at least Monday or sometime during next week.

I asked a live chat rep (their live chat support is actually really great/quick) and she said there's no minimum to hold but she thought there may be the time it takes for the stocks to transfer hands. Basically they outline the order date, the execution date (1-2 days after order), and then the transfer date (about 3 days after execution) for your account to technically have the stocks available to sell. I think a previous post mentioned holding for 4 days minimum and that seems to jive with this info to lower the flags being raised.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: CITI, Barclay, Fidelity Amex, CC
Originally Posted by chuuch
Also will confirm that if you sign up for an IPO and do not confirm, they do just put the money as cash into your account which you can transfer out - they do not reverse the credit charge - not that they ever gave any indication that they would do that.
Did anyone else notice this? Is it saying what I think it's saying?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by birdhands
Did anyone else notice this? Is it saying what I think it's saying?
No, it's not saying that. Only $350 will be charged to CC if you don't already have that cash amount available in your Loyal3 account.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by JBG89
An additional 2.5k would be great for my MS

Did you do this all in $50 increments into the same/diff stocks? And is withdrawal as easy as transferring to my bank account?
its a tedious process but i set auto purchase at the beginning of the month for 50 stocks and sold a day after purchased cleared and ached out to bank 3 days after and then changed the auto debit from cc to middle of the months for 52 stocks and with the same processed sold a day after buy and ach out 3 days later.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Just wanted to share my experience with Loyal3. I bought $2,400 in stocks over the past 10 days. Sold all $2,400 two days ago. I used my barclays arrival and score 2.22% plus I made a $26.74 profit from selling the stocks So in total I made $80.02 profit. One downside is the length of time it takes for the money to be deposited into your loyal3 account so that you can withdraw it back to your bank. They say it should take 3 business days, but in my experience is was at least 4 days. Then I had to do the transfer to my bank which took another 3 days or so. Just be aware of the timing.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:45 am

its a tedious process but i set auto purchase at the beginning of the month for 50 stocks and sold a day after purchased cleared and ached out to bank 3 days after and then changed the auto debit from cc to middle of the months for 52 stocks and with the same processed sold a day after buy and ach out 3 days later.
Brilliant. I just set up a scheduled purchase of 50 stocks for the 1st of next month.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I know most of you are looking for a quick and easy way to earn points, but something else to think about...

The Barclay's Arrival card I believe (mine did at least) comes with 12 months 0% on purchases. You can always buy stocks and hold them long term and sell them off when the 0% intro APR ends. Barclay's only requires a 1% minimum monthly payment.

Granted you can always lose money with investing, even worse so using borrowed money to invest, but with a well diversified portfolio of some of these major companies that Loyal3 offers, especially dividend paying ones, you should come out nicely using borrowed money.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Originally Posted by r.brown
I know most of you are looking for a quick and easy way to earn points, but something else to think about...

The Barclay's Arrival card I believe (mine did at least) comes with 12 months 0% on purchases. You can always buy stocks and hold them long term and sell them off when the 0% intro APR ends. Barclay's only requires a 1% minimum monthly payment.

Granted you can always lose money with investing, even worse so using borrowed money to invest, but with a well diversified portfolio of some of these major companies that Loyal3 offers, especially dividend paying ones, you should come out nicely using borrowed money.
I hadn't really thought about that, but you are limited to your credit limit. I am churning more than my credit limit every month so I have to pay it down to churn more. I guess if someone has a high $15k or $20K limit, it would be worth it. I don't like setting the precedent for myself of keeping credit card balances.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by r.brown

sounds too painful in terms of having an excellent credit profile, even with other cc to help with utilization, you still run the risk of having one card maxed out at some point in the 12 month period.

Last edited by MasterCharge; Jul 24, 2014 at 10:59 pm
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by crapz1
Brilliant. I just set up a scheduled purchase of 50 stocks for the 1st of next month.
your credit card doesn't give a beep with 50 $50 charges?
I'm tempted to try this but am worried about fraud alert
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:40 am

Thanks!

Doing this now.

Any reason that you used 52 stocks the 2nd half?

Last edited by JBG89; Jul 25, 2014 at 9:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.