Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by dboston1
You are certainly able to do a $50 purchase each day, but they may send you a message, especially if you're selling it off frequently.

Wrt IPOs, no, you must have a cash balance of $350. That said, there's no need to transfer from a bank. Sign up for the IPO and fund it with your credit card for $350. You can even back out of the IPO later if you want and then transfer the $350 to your bank.

I'm confused about this too. So do you mean at the time of sign up for an IPO, it is OK for me to not have any cash balance in the account and I can just directly fund the IPO with my cc?
thanks
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:23 am

This is correct. You probably will have to transfer out any cash to have your balance at $0 but you can directly fund the $350 for the IPO with a credit card - and as stated before and as I have done by chance, they will not reverse this charge even if you end up not following through with it.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:37 am

Exactly. It doesn't matter if you request $100 in IPO shares or $10k, your card gets charged for $350 right away. When the IPO actually takes place, your card will be charged for the remaining amount you're buying (assuming you've requested and been allocated more than $350).
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:35 pm

For those who got shut down, any success on getting reopened? What is stopping you from opening another account?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:57 pm

when you withdraw, does the amount go back onto your credit card (if you paid by credit card) or can you withdraw to a bank account?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:33 am

It never goes back on your credit card. You have to add a bank account to withdraw the funds.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
I've been seeing what appears to be alot of mis-information posted on here about Loyal3. I 've been buying a selling a selection of 8 different stocks on loyal3 for the past 2 months. I pushed around $20K thru the site in the last 2 months. been buying $1,000 per day M-F. Finally got a notice that my acount was under review, but it happened because I accidentally tried to exceed the $2500 per month per stock restriction. I buy hold for several days. check stock prices, sell before 2 PM EST if it looks like the stock is up. I've made a small amount in capital gains. About $90 on $20K. and you only have to wait a few moments between buying more of a stock. really all you have to do is buy a different stock then buy the previous one again. So if you rotate thru 2 or 3 or however many stocks you want to buy, you can buy as frequently as you want. I have bought the same stock within 90 seconds after buying a different stock in between.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
I've been seeing what appears to be alot of mis-information posted on here about Loyal3. I 've been buying a selling a selection of 8 different stocks on loyal3 for the past 2 months. I pushed around $20K thru the site in the last 2 months. been buying $1,000 per day M-F. Finally got a notice that my acount was under review, but it happened because I accidentally tried to exceed the $2500 per month per stock restriction. I buy hold for several days. check stock prices, sell before 2 PM EST if it looks like the stock is up. I've made a small amount in capital gains. About $90 on $20K. and you only have to wait a few moments between buying more of a stock. really all you have to do is buy a different stock then buy the previous one again. So if you rotate thru 2 or 3 or however many stocks you want to buy, you can buy as frequently as you want. I have bought the same stock within 90 seconds after buying a different stock in between.
Thanks for posting some good info. How many cards are you spreading the charges over?

20k is 400 $50 charges, so 100 charges a week, 20 a day. I've been doing about 4 to 5 charges a day on each card spread over 4'different cards.

I had a very good return this month because I happened to buy both Monster and Burger King.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by IWOL
Thanks for posting some good info. How many cards are you spreading the charges over?

20k is 400 $50 charges, so 100 charges a week, 20 a day. I've been doing about 4 to 5 charges a day on each card spread over 4'different cards.

I had a very good return this month because I happened to buy both Monster and Burger King.
So are you actually switching cards every so often? I've switched cards twice in ~6 months and have been hesitant to switch again and risk getting shutdown.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
I wouldn't necessarily call it mis-information just because you haven't been shut down and others doing less volume have been shut down. It's all YMMV.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Originally Posted by IWOL

All my purchases have been on only one card. Posts to this forum scared me from switching. only using my barclays arrival.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Any advice for how to track long term investments on Loyal3? The website doesn't automatically keep track of gains and losses, and I'm finding it rather tedious to keep track myself.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
Any advice for how to track long term investments on Loyal3? The website doesn't automatically keep track of gains and losses, and I'm finding it rather tedious to keep track myself.
Just use good o' excel buddy.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:11 am

I can send you a spreadsheet template I set up to track L3 purchases. It pulls live quotes in so you can see current profit/loss on each. Send me a pm if you're interested.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:00 pm

I was under the impression that Loyal 3 will generate a year end report with more info on buys and sells.

Anyone had a year end summary report generate for 2013?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.