Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Just noticed today that Kate works for the same company that sells VGC from our favorite 5x supplier. She cheerfully loaded $1K to BB for me today!
Yes, indeed. Wasn't there much speculation that was the reason why she is so friendly to holders of the aforementioned VGCs?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Just noticed today that Kate works for the same company that sells VGC from our favorite 5x supplier. She cheerfully loaded $1K to BB for me today!
say what?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by chener
Yes, indeed. Wasn't there much speculation that was the reason why she is so friendly to holders of the aforementioned VGCs?
That good, now if mine would just get here that would be great....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza
That good, now if mine would just get here that would be great....
Usually takes about 5 business days for me. Have you been able to squeeze any CB from any affiliate linkers, or have you found that to be completely dead? Otherwise why not just go in-store?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by chener
Usually takes about 5 business days for me. Have you been able to squeeze any CB from any affiliate linkers, or have you found that to be completely dead? Otherwise why not just go in-store?
I only have the old VR 5x store in my area. I have to use the online way. Nearest new 5x is 40 miles in another town.

Last edited by Fuerza; Jun 20, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza
I only have the old VR 5x store in my area. I have to use the online way. Nearest new 5x store is 40 miles in another town.
Okay, makes sense now. Note I have edited your post.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:52 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Oh but for how long is the key, theoretically this will now take 5x the amount of time...still good but hopefully it lasts, but I see it getting phased out quickly
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Oh but for how long is the key, theoretically this will now take 5x the amount of time...still good but hopefully it lasts, but I see it getting phased out quickly
Is it even worth the time? At my current pace I would have to place daily orders under 10 different names.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I thought it was 2.5x, for me at least. I have noticed it helps to have both a BB and Serve on hand when working with Kate.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Is it even worth the time? At my current pace I would have to place daily orders under 10 different names.
Yes it takes longer, but what are our better options when working with Kate?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
You're right, it's probably more efficient to copy content from FT for ad revenue / cc referrals.

But at least you post and don't hide. Unlike those "I've had many readers alert me that .." (read: I jacked this from FT and am publishing for my own personal financial benefit).

I'll add that you don't see to use referral links or ads, so apologies and cheers to that. But the FT regurgitation point stands. That isn't helping anyone here by explicitly giving steps there. In the same breath you ask to lock the thread, doesn't seem to be too consistent.

Last edited by zozeppelin; Jun 20, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:59 pm

This is really disheartening news especially since I was just approved for the Citi executive card
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by avery66
Can you buy MO's with the OVPVC's ? if so, where ?
grocery stores
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by magnitude
Sweet! I can't wait until I'm here long enough to be a douche, and still demand respect
magnitude... FTW!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Out of curiosity, I went to the bow tie guy's site to see if he has warned his readers that VGCs won't load to BB anymore. For months since the demise of VRs, he has pumped up the VGCs from CVS method as foolproof. Some reported in the comments to his posts that many walmarts had started asking what you were loading to BB and then refusing gift cards. Bow tie guy would respond to those comments and accuse them of lying in an effort to trick others into not getting in on the easy gravy train. Now that the deal is dead, surely he must have felt obligated to draw some circles and arrows right away to prevent folks from getting stuck with thousands in VGCs.

Apparently not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.