Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top Cash Back w/ Plastic Jungle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Good luck with TCB, but coming soon:
TopCashBack will be celebrating Pi day (3/14) by bumping up the PlasticJungle payout from 2.5% to 3.14% just for that one day.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:34 am

So is it still possible to use a Target e-gift card to buy a physical Target gift card (be it via online or in store)?

I'm staring at my 10K spending req from Amex Biz Gold and trying to brainstorm how to hit it now that some of the methods/opportunities I know have vanished.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004
So is it still possible to use a Target e-gift card to buy a physical Target gift card (be it via online or in store)?

I'm staring at my 10K spending req from Amex Biz Gold and trying to brainstorm how to hit it now that some of the methods/opportunities I know have vanished.
Best way to do this:

Step 1: sign up for 2 target american express's.
Step 2: Load with american express gift card bought from "click through" from big crumbs
Step 3: When you get permanent cards, unload via the lowest fee cash machines you can find, $400 at a time
Step 4: rinse and repeat. You can do 5K a month and break even

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...=target%20amex
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:34 pm

I was curious if anyone is buying then selling gift cards acquired from TCB / Plastic Jungle?

Topcashback:

Plastic Jungle

2.5% cashback for selling gift cards

2.5% cashback for purchasing gift cards

Example:
Walmart selling for 96.5% of original value, PJ is purchasing at 96.6%

Concerns:
- Limited quantities of certain gift cards for sale
- The terms on TCB say that no payments will be made via PayPal, so what is the typical payment method most choose?
- Are purchases posting normally for people? I've seen TCB has has problems with Amex GCs.
- Any problems with getting banned from PJ for buying and selling the same types of GCs?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:46 pm

I've read through the thread focused on Target cards and PJ. Looking to see if people have found a successful method to work this.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
- The terms on TCB say that no payments will be made via PayPal, so what is the typical payment method most choose?
Where are you getting this from? When I look under "Why Choose Us" on the right side of the page, it says "FREE pay-outs through PayPal or direct deposit" which is better than BC where they charge 2%. I'm guessing direct deposit means you can also ACH into a bank account, though the T&C say if you are outside the US it's PayPal only.

- Are purchases posting normally for people? I've seen TCB has has problems with Amex GCs.
I bought some Walmart GC recently from PJ through TCB and it showed up as pending on TCB within 24 hours. Seems to be working fine, though I haven't actually cashed out yet as the transaction is still pending.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lemma
Where are you getting this from? When I look under "Why Choose Us" on the right side of the page, it says "FREE pay-outs through PayPal or direct deposit" which is better than BC where they charge 2%. I'm guessing direct deposit means you can also ACH into a bank account, though the T&C say if you are outside the US it's PayPal only.
"If you purchase through this merchant, cashback payouts cannot be made by Pay Pal."
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:25 pm

You wont be able to consistently sell back to PJ cards you just bought from them.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
"If you purchase through this merchant, cashback payouts cannot be made by Pay Pal."
Aha. I should have read that before I placed my order. I guess ACH it is then. Maybe do it into Bluebird for the free ATM withdrawals.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:45 pm
wcj

The problem with this idea is that the payout to get the highest percentage is payable in amazon GCs. The cash payout is typically 5percent less.

I've done quite a bit with TCB, only issue I've had with tracking was the CC promo when they first got started and the Amex GC. The remainder have tracked, paid 8-10 weeks later, pretty typical from what I hear for cashback sites. If you are proficient in use of the shopping portals, then no issues IME.

I don't know about PP, I take checks and send about $20 ish to each BB for free ATMs.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
You cannot sell giftcards to PJ that you purchased from them. Once a card number is in their system, it cannot be sold to them. You would have to buy from another site like cardpool and then sell to PJ.

PJ will pay 89.5% cash for Target and 92% cash for Walmart. You can buy Target cards from cardpool for 6% off and walmart cards for 3% off. Before factoring in TCB, you end up making back 95.5% cash with target and 95% with walmart.

TCB gives you 2% back on purchases from cardpool and then 2.5% on sales to plastic jungle.

To break it down...

1) Buy $1000 face value Target card from cardpool for $940
2) 2% cash back from purchase at cardpool is $18.8
3) Sell $1000 face value target card to PJ for $895.00
4) 2.5% cash back from sale to PJ is $22.38

So what is the final profit/cost?
-$940 (cost of gift card)
+$895 (Return on card sale)
+$18.8 (TCB Credit from cardpool)
+$22.38 (TCB Credit from PJ)

When you consider this whole process can be done in less than 10 minutes, while sitting on your couch in your underwear, it's not a bad deal. Do note that the cash back from cardpool is limited to the first $1000 spent, so it's pretty much useless.

Last edited by 0hw0rd; Mar 26, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: SPG,United,Delta,AA,Marriott Silver

I think I can get you a better deal.

Buy $1000 target gift card from Plastic Jungle for $935.
2.5% cash back from Topcashback - $23.375
Sell $1000 target gift card to cardpool for $880.
4% cash from topcashback - $40

($935)
$880
$23.375
$40
$8.375

Let me know if there is an issue in the calculation
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by maijojacob
I think I can get you a better deal.

Buy $1000 target gift card from Plastic Jungle for $935.
2.5% cash back from Topcashback - $23.375
Sell $1000 target gift card to cardpool for $880.
4% cash from topcashback - $40

($935)
$880
$23.375
$40
$8.375

Let me know if there is an issue in the calculation
it's doable for one time. I've bought GC from PJ via TCB and sold to CP via TCB. This is better coz the cashback on sales to CP is higher. However with the $1000 CP's lifetime limit, this method only works like once.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG,United,Delta,AA,Marriott Silver
Oh I didn't think there was a limit to the amount for an account. I presumed it was only for that day or transaction. Oh well will keep looking for a better idea.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:00 am

Just be sure to add in the "hassle" factor with TCB. You'll be monitoring and resubmitting claims for months before seeing any money. At least that has been my experience. Others have reported better success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.