Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top Cash Back w/ Plastic Jungle

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Bottom line, it seems there are a large number of variables involved and this is not for the faint of heart, especially with a large amount of money.

The above notwithstanding I figured I should conduct my own little trial.

Yesterday I purchased a low value gift card through tcb and my click-through has yet to show on my tcb profile. While tcb claims that it may take up to 7 days to be reported, as a test within a test I clicked through an arbitrary merchant a few minutes later and that showed up immediately.

So far not too good.

Last edited by FreeBird2k; Jun 2, 2012 at 8:15 am
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:26 am

PJ is also incredibly shady/unreliable. you are most likely to get screwed or banned
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by FreeBird2k
Yesterday I purchased a low value gift card through tcb and my click-through has yet to show on my tcb profile.
So far, I am not encouraged about TCB. I used them for the first time in April and bought 3 high value GCs during a week. Very careful about click thru and screenshots. NONE showed up as pending. After 7 days, I submitted an online request form. Now, over a month later, NO reply from the form I submitted and NO cash shows as pending
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:07 pm

I used TCB and PJ to churn $3000 in Walmart gift cards in a fashion that had been recommended by the Frequent Miler. It seemed to work great, however, some issues with each to note:

1. I have had zero issues with PJ and love the Paypal payout. However, as noted by another, you can't really track your package with the shipping label they give you; always feels a bit like a "leap of faith."
2. TCB rates are great, but man are they slow to pay. So far, I have only been paid for one of my gift card sales to PJ, but all my sales are at least showing as pending. If I get them all to pay, I will make a very small profit on the deal, over all. (Dollars here, but I got my 10K done on Amex gold for 75K......)

So far, I am sticking with using these guys and we'll see if I get burned.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Never been burned by PJ on the buyers side.

Originally Posted by ih8airlines
PJ is also incredibly shady/unreliable. you are most likely to get screwed or banned
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:34 pm

Well looks like they already delisted all target GC thx to this thread. Well played OP
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Well looks like they already delisted all target GC thx to this thread. Well played OP
First of all, you can always purchase gift cards from Cardpool as they always have plenty in stock. You can also purchase Walmart gift cards from PJ. It seems that most of your posts is meant to complain or criticize. You first state that PJ is unreliable and we'll likely get "screwed" and then you seem upset that they no longer sell Target gift cards.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:19 pm

Perhaps they are just.... sold out.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by johndoe123
Perhaps they are just.... sold out.
But it's so much more fun to blame the OP, even though they've only had 0-1 Target gift card available for quite a while now.

Mike
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

This thread was originally embedded in another on a barely related topic. I extracted the posts into a separate thread. Please write about the topic, not about the wisdom of posting nor about each other.

Last edited by mia; Jun 6, 2012 at 11:01 am
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
So far, I am not encouraged about TCB.
So far 10 purchases through TopCashBack (Plastic Jungle, CardPool, HotelClub, etc) and none of them even tracked, filed missing report - nothing. Its easy to offer higher rates if you never pay.

In contrast, out of 1000+ orders through BC last year, only had to file a missing report on 3 purchases.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:08 pm

Different results

Meanwhile, I've done twelve transactions through TCB, and all twelve of them showed up without my having to do anything, although three of them took almost two weeks to show up at all.

But show up they did, from the $360 transaction ($18 cash back) to the $1.26 transaction ($0.25 back!).
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by FredFnord
Meanwhile, I've done twelve transactions through TCB, and all twelve of them showed up without my having to do anything, although three of them took almost two weeks to show up at all.

But show up they did, from the $360 transaction ($18 cash back) to the $1.26 transaction ($0.25 back!).

I am 1 for 1 with TCB.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
TCB rates are great, but man are they slow to pay.
How long is SLOW? My purchases were mid April and still NOTHING shows even pending. I submitted an inquiry seven days after purchase. Now it's been at least six weeks, so I sent a detailed email
Originally Posted by FredFnord
I guess that is kind of encouraging.... While I do have all my printscreens, I hate to have to go months and fight for the rebates
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
PJ is not shaddy.....I've used them so many times and I've never had a problem. That's why The Frequent Miler keeps talking about them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.