Top Cash Back w/ Plastic Jungle

Old May 26, 2012, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Target giftcards via Topcashback & PlasticJungle

I had a requirement of 10k in AMEX spending and I reached it all within a week. The trick is to buy Target gift cards from PlasticJungle using TopCashBack.com for 4% cashback. When you receive them, go to target.com and purchase new gift cards for the same amount. This way, you are selling them a different gift card from the one you bought. You then resell it to them using TopCashBack again for an additional 4% cashback. You buy the gift cards at a 3% discount and sell it for 92% of the card value. Add 8% cashback, and you get a slight profit of 3%. I did get a financial review from AMEX the week of the transactions, although it was resolved within a week. If you're going to be using Topcashback, use a referral link from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...shback-16.html so you can get $5 for signing up. PM me if you need any additional help.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:14 pm

Wow that seems like a pretty big exploit...
Old May 27, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
I had a requirement of 10k in AMEX spending and I reached it all within a week. The trick is to buy Target gift cards from PlasticJungle using TopCashBack.com for 4% cashback. When you receive them, go to target.com and purchase new gift cards for the same amount. This way, you are selling them a different gift card from the one you bought. You then resell it to them using TopCashBack again for an additional 4% cashback. You buy the gift cards at a 3% discount and sell it for 92% of the card value. Add 8% cashback, and you get a slight profit of 3%. I did get a financial review from AMEX the week of the transactions, although it was resolved within a week. If you're going to be using Topcashback, use a referral link from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...shback-16.html so you can get $5 for signing up. PM me if you need any additional help.
There is always a risk here -- how much target gift card Plastic Jungle is willing to buy before stop it...
Old May 27, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
There is always a risk here -- how much target gift card Plastic Jungle is willing to buy before stop it...
The only risk is PlasticJungle might stop affiliate links. Remember that they make a profit from people reselling gift cards to them.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:39 am

I had a requirement of 10k in AMEX spending and I reached it all within a week. The trick is to buy Target gift cards from PlasticJungle
How did you purchase from Plastic Jungle with an Amex card? When I try to add a credit card to my account, I only have the option for visa or mastercard.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bksmm
How did you purchase from Plastic Jungle with an Amex card? When I try to add a credit card to my account, I only have the option for visa or mastercard.
Plasticjungle accepts PayPal, who allows you to use AMEX cards.
Old May 29, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: many
The trick is to buy Target gift cards from PlasticJungle using TopCashBack.com for 4% cashback. You then resell it to them using TopCashBack again for an additional 4% cashback. You buy the gift cards at a 3% discount and sell it for 92% of the card value. Add 8% cashback, and you get a slight profit of 3%. I did get a financial review from AMEX the week of the transactions
Plasticjungle accepts PayPal, who allows you to use AMEX cards.
Where's the paypal fees in your equation?
Old May 29, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by pcharles
What fees?
Old May 29, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by QL_714
What fees?
Sorry, I thought there were fees to fund a paypal acct with a cc? Perhaps not?
Old May 29, 2012, 8:05 am

If you buy on plastic jungle using paypal. then you are making a consumer purchase from a merchant whoa accepts paypal.

Any fees are paid by Plastic Jungle to paypal
Old May 29, 2012, 8:14 am

Sorry, I thought there were fees to fund a paypal acct with a cc? Perhaps not?
As writetorich has pointed out it is a normal PayPal purchase so no fees on your end.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:09 pm

The seller pays the fees on Paypal transactions from a merchant (not transfers)

EDIT: Hah, beaten multiple times.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
10k in a week? Interesting stuff dshargorodsky
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:56 am
Suspended

maybe you didn't read their complaints such as bought $200 target gift card for $174 but when card is received 3 weeks later, the balance was only $1.74 and it took forever to get response from PJ and for the refund.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
TCB question: If I buy a $1,000 GC for $970, does TCB value my 4% on the $970 or $1,000? Likewise, If I sell a $1,000 GC for $966, which number is used?

Thanks,
Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.