Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top Cash Back w/ Plastic Jungle

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Originally Posted by mikeef
TCB question: If I buy a $1,000 GC for $970, does TCB value my 4% on the $970 or $1,000? Likewise, If I sell a $1,000 GC for $966, which number is used?

Thanks,
Mike
On the 970
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
TCB question: If I buy a $1,000 GC for $970, does TCB value my 4% on the $970 or $1,000? Likewise, If I sell a $1,000 GC for $966, which number is used?

Thanks,
Mike
Your cb is valued for the amount actually paid.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Originally Posted by pcharles
Where's the paypal fees in your equation?
Originally Posted by QL_714
What fees?
Originally Posted by pcharles
Sorry, I thought there were fees to fund a paypal acct with a cc? Perhaps not?
Originally Posted by writetorich
If you buy on plastic jungle using paypal. then you are making a consumer purchase from a merchant whoa accepts paypal.

Any fees are paid by Plastic Jungle to paypal
Originally Posted by QL_714
As writetorich has pointed out it is a normal PayPal purchase so no fees on your end.
Originally Posted by giantreesemar
The seller pays the fees on Paypal transactions from a merchant (not transfers)

...referring perhaps to paypal fees when receiving payment from pj for the gc...?!? PJ does offer payment by check it just takes longer for processing.

Edit: perhaps this is considered a transfer so there are no fees after all as giantreesemar mentioned
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emptiness
maybe you didn't read their complaints such as bought $200 target gift card for $174 but when card is received 3 weeks later, the balance was only $1.74 and it took forever to get response from PJ and for the refund.
I believe that the complaints are either false or written by a competitor. If I ever had a problem with someone, it is with Cardpool. They constantly have delays and it took 3 weeks for the check to be mailed. I also tried ABC gift cards for selling a gift card, and it took a week to receive the "instant" bank transfer. I find Cardpool to be the best in terms of purchasing gift cards and PlasticJungle for selling gift carads.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:09 pm

Must have been working cause Plastic Jungle is already out of Target gift cards.. oh well.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: United Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Thanks,
Mike
Absolute numbers are used. In your case 970 for purchase and 920 when you sell.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:17 pm

I have done this, with the added step of buying new Target cards with the old ones in case there was a scammer somewhere in the card's past, but the overall profit was small and the risks seem large. Payout %s can change at any time, and I assume you don't use the free, un-insured mailing option when sending thousands of $$ of giftcards, right? It's the proverbial picking up nickles in front of a steam roller.

Last edited by Dynastar; Jun 1, 2012 at 3:24 pm
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emptiness
maybe you didn't read their complaints such as bought $200 target gift card for $174 but when card is received 3 weeks later, the balance was only $1.74 and it took forever to get response from PJ and for the refund.
Originally Posted by Dynastar
I have done this, with the added step of buying new Target cards with the old ones in case there was a scammer somewhere in the card's past, but the overall profit was small and the risks seem large. Payout %s can change at any time, and I assume you don't use the free, un-insured mailing option when sending thousands of $$ of giftcards, right? It's the proverbial picking up nickles in from of a steam roller.
If you would read the first post, I recommend everyone to purchase new gift cards with the old ones. You are right about the risks. Payout hasn't changed for the past 6 months. I usually ship with delivery confirmation as their free label might not have genuine tracking.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:50 pm

For those that have used these before, how long does it usually take to get paid back from topcashback and from plasticjungle?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nirm41
For those that have used these before, how long does it usually take to get paid back from topcashback and from plasticjungle?
PlasticJungle mails the check 24-48 hours after they receive the gift cards and it takes 3 more days for you to get it. It usually takes a week from the day the gift cards leave your hands to the check arriving. TopCashBack is a bit longer, taking 3-5 weeks until the cashback is issued.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:22 pm
Original Member

I was about to pull the trigger on this (and I still might) but the complaints at the bottom of this article worry me. To make this work, large volume is required and any fraudulent gift card received from them destroys the math (so would a claim that they did not receive a mailing of $1000s of certificates). God I miss the $1 coins!

http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/blog/t...le-gift-cards/

http://mygoodcents.net/2011/03/plastic-jungle-review/

Last edited by Andy2; Jun 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
As reported above, Target GCs seem to have disappeared from the PJ website. Is there anything special about Target GCs? Would GCs from some of the other department stores, like Penney's and Sears, also work?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Huge problem with topcashback is that many people had their payments still classified as pending for over 7 months and have never been able to cash out.

I have been using topcashback for about 3 months and yet to see a single penny transferred over to me.

As mention there is huge risk.
1. Gift card has 0 value once recieved
2. Plastic jungle changes how much you can sell target gift cards for
3. topcashback does not give you the cash back

In addition topcashback report 5% for a merchant but after going through the link they only gave me 2%.

Many people have been complaining about this bait and switch so you run the risk of never getting anything.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
+1 Fox85
I think this idea was posted in another thread a while ago & I considered it, however I've read on other deal forums for at least the past 6 mo that this company is not to be trusted (PJ) and TCB is too new to be proven imo. Too much to risk based on the reviews & be the one left holding the bag (or cards).
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Plastic_Jungle
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
As reported above, Target GCs seem to have disappeared from the PJ website. Is there anything special about Target GCs? Would GCs from some of the other department stores, like Penney's and Sears, also work?
Nothing special about them. I imagine that more people have been using Topcashback lately so buying from PJ is much better than the other sites for people who actually use these cards. PJ has been either out or very low for target, walmart and home depot lately. I actually use the Walmart and HD cards.

The buy/sell spread on most cards is too large to work this strategy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.