Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top Cash Back w/ Plastic Jungle

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: ALL :)
TCB

I just received an echeck from them for a purchase I made on: Mar 24, 12 - it tracked on its own. It was the highest amount anywhere for what I was purchasing at the time, so I didn't mind waiting.

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
How long is SLOW? My purchases were mid April and still NOTHING shows even pending. I submitted an inquiry seven days after purchase. Now it's been at least six weeks, so I sent a detailed email I guess that is kind of encouraging.... While I do have all my printscreens, I hate to have to go months and fight for the rebates
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FOX85
Huge problem with topcashback is that many people had their payments still classified as pending for over 7 months and have never been able to cash out.

Many people have been complaining about this bait and switch so you run the risk of never getting anything.
Would you kindly cite a couple of these reports?

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
TCB rates are great, but man are they slow to pay.
Originally Posted by AArdvark0
So far 10 purchases through TopCashBack (Plastic Jungle, CardPool, HotelClub, etc) and none of them even tracked, filed missing report - nothing. Its easy to offer higher rates if you never pay.

In contrast, out of 1000+ orders through BC last year, only had to file a missing report on 3 purchases.
Are you comparing apples to apples? While cash back programs have varying holdback periods to allow time for deductions, the affiliate programs have varying holdback periods as well. Therefore, all purchases aren't the same. Reserve a hotel room, for example, and the affiliate program won't pay the cash back provider for a while after you've completed the stay - not just reserved the room. Add the cash back provider delay on top of that, and a few months wait is perfectly reasonable. In contrast, if you buy a product that charges and ships immediately (like an online download) and the particular affiliate program is a quick-reporting one, you could see your credit post in days.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Would you kindly cite a couple of these reports?

Are you comparing apples to apples? While cash back programs have varying holdback periods to allow time for deductions, the affiliate programs have varying holdback periods as well. Therefore, all purchases aren't the same. Reserve a hotel room, for example, and the affiliate program won't pay the cash back provider for a while after you've completed the stay - not just reserved the room. Add the cash back provider delay on top of that, and a few months wait is perfectly reasonable. In contrast, if you buy a product that charges and ships immediately (like an online download) and the particular affiliate program is a quick-reporting one, you could see your credit post in days.
All my TCB experience is sales to plastic jungle. They are slow. No earlier than 6 weeks, and I some now 2 months out not paid even though tracked.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
All my TCB experience is sales to plastic jungle. They are slow. No earlier than 6 weeks, and I some now 2 months out not paid even though tracked.
How long does PJ take to post and become available with other cash back providers?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mooper
Are you comparing apples to apples?
Yes. As a test, made two purchases from PJ, one through TopCashBack, one through BC - same day. BC already paid, TCB not even tracked yet after sending missing report.

Now with CardPool, TopCashBack does not even let you file a missing cash back report.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:04 pm

Yes. As a test, made two purchases from PJ, one through TopCashBack, one through BC - same day. BC already paid, TCB not even tracked yet after sending missing report.

Now with CardPool, TopCashBack does not even let you file a missing cash back report.
Is it worth filing missing cash back reports for things TCB have tracked?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Honestly, I have only had to make one missing claim when using TopCashBack and it was when I sold gift cards to Cardpool. All my PJ transactions track within 24 hours and I usually get payment a month later. I would be happy to provide anyone with screenshots as proof that all payments have been received.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Honestly, I have only had to make one missing claim when using TopCashBack and it was when I sold gift cards to Cardpool. All my PJ transactions track within 24 hours and I usually get payment a month later. I would be happy to provide anyone with screenshots as proof that all payments have been received.
That is WAY faster than I have gotten. Every PJ tracks, but payment has been awful for speed.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:51 pm

you could theoretically do this with any gift card (not just target) that plastic jungle sells, right?

also, there seems to be a lot of debate over topcashback. could you just use a different cash back site, like ebates, to do the same spending churn?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
If you want to see reviews I suggest you look them up on topcashback own web site.

Half are good, the other half bad.

In addition at least one positive review the person admitted to working for topcashback.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 5:57 am

Which of the two came first in your test? Keep in mind that not showing up yet doesn't mean it won't. Also, many times when something doesn't track it is because it never tracked through the affiliate program, making it impossible for the cash back provider to pass it along. For example, cookie tracking errors, non-qualifying purchases, time-outs, etc.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by blackmamba
PJ is not shaddy.....I've used them so many times and I've never had a problem. That's why The Frequent Miler keeps talking about them.

I think some of the reason people have been burned and called PJ shady, is on the postage paid mailing labels they give you, their mailing address is hard to read, and the tracking is not real tracking, so maybe a lot of the giftcard shipments by people who thought they got burned, just got lost in the mail.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:20 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Not only that. I used to sell to them. They received the gift cards (it even said so on their web site) but never sent the paypal payment. After a week after they received the cards I e-mailed them and got it posted the next day. They have done things like this to me more than once.

Another time I waited two weeks and sent a e-mail no response.
Waited another two weeks and sent another e-mail and received payment the next day.
They did not do anything until a few complaints, then they are all over it.
So they seem to "forget" to send payments some times.

Plus I do not understand why they require your SSN for bulk orders and they do not even provide a phone number to call like they used to.
It really was a lot better last year. This year they made many cost cutting measures that they ruined it.

Originally Posted by TennisPro
I think some of the reason people have been burned and called PJ shady, is on the postage paid mailing labels they give you, their mailing address is hard to read, and the tracking is not real tracking, so maybe a lot of the giftcard shipments by people who thought they got burned, just got lost in the mail.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
I had a requirement of 10k in AMEX spending and I reached it all within a week. The trick is to buy Target gift cards from PlasticJungle using TopCashBack.com for 4% cashback. When you receive them, go to target.com and purchase new gift cards for the same amount. This way, you are selling them a different gift card from the one you bought. You then resell it to them using TopCashBack again for an additional 4% cashback. You buy the gift cards at a 3% discount and sell it for 92% of the card value. Add 8% cashback, and you get a slight profit of 3%. I did get a financial review from AMEX the week of the transactions, although it was resolved within a week. If you're going to be using Topcashback, use a referral link from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...shback-16.html so you can get $5 for signing up. PM me if you need any additional help.
Why do you need to "go to target.com and purchase new gift cards for the same amount."? Can't you just sell them the same card you buy from them?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by FOX85
Plus I do not understand why they require your SSN for bulk orders and they do not even provide a phone number to call like they used to.
It really was a lot better last year. This year they made many cost cutting measures that they ruined it.
Figuring they are not crooks, I even gave them my SSN for the bulk order thing yesterday, and still poor service. They are terrible about buying my Lowe's gift cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.