Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Barry331
Be careful doing this. I got a warning after loading and transferring 1k of Mycash cards from my personal to biz account. They sent me the warning email that Mycash reloads are to be used for retail purchases not withdrawals. Apparently they consider transfers to another account as withdrawals.
Strange, I was sending those loaded funds to my ex-wife (in Canada) for more than 2 years in a row, and didn't get any warning whatsoever.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Are Green Dots still working to load Paypal with frozen limit? I'm going to try it soon (maybe today), as I'm going to buy a few to load Serves.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
Anyone (besides post above) able to successfully load PP cash into remained quota in recent days?

Last time I loaded was 7/6 and it reached account fine. The not resetting issue existed already.
Yes. Two different accounts. $500 each.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
EDIT: I have removed the content of this post as things have changed since what i wrote...it was a suggestion of something i did awhile back that does not work now...sorry

Last edited by air360; Jul 12, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by air360
I'm curious why anyone even needs to purchase the paypal my cash cards or even why they have to buy gift cards of any sort.

Could you not just get the paypal debit mastercard...link it to your paypal account...then add your credit card you are currently trying to ms on to your paypal account as your default backup payment source....then go and do a serve load online...it will see you have no funds in your paypal account and so it pulls the needed funds from your backup funding source (the linked credit card). You could also load at a kiosk this same way without issue as you are using a "real" debit card yet it will pull funds from the credit card as there would be no funds in your paypal account.

Honestly i have no tried this specific use for serve or Msing yet as i am waiting for a new card to arrive (mine had expired awhile back before I decided to integrate paypal into ms so i needed to have a new one shipped). BUT I know in the past i had a credit card that the strip was messed up on...so i just set my paypal account to use that card as the default backup funding source...and i just used the paypal debit mastercard for a few weeks whenever i needed to use that credit card before i got around to ordering a new copy of the card.

heck...you could buy money orders, load serve, pretty much anything you need to have a debit card for...and since a credit card is setup as a backup funding source it will always pull from that.

Why pay any fees buying gift cards or paypal reload cards?
Backup could only be your bank account or Paypal Extras MC, no any other card.

Last edited by yugi; Jul 12, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:56 pm

No you can't. A backup account for the PayPal debit mastercard can only be a bank account, not a credit card (except for the PayPal credit card).
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by air360
I know in the past i had a credit card that the strip was messed up on...so i just set my paypal account to use that card as the default backup funding source...and i just used the paypal debit mastercard for a few weeks whenever i needed to use that credit card before i got around to ordering a new copy of the card.
Does your credit card statement show Paypal as the payee? What volume did you do over what period of time?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by xlax
Does your credit card statement show Paypal as the payee? What volume did you do over what period of time?
I was researching that latest info after i wrote that post and realized that it was no longer possible to do that anymore...it was awhile ago that i did it...back before i started msing....so please disregard....sorry
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:08 pm

I successfully loaded GD MP onto frozen Paypal account!
Looks like the problem is with Paypal MyCash and not with Paypal itself.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:00 am

So MyCash is locking us out? That is nasty! Some here are opening secondary accounts and moving money around and others are saying not a good idea? In the end, this 30 day window is only getting farther out - so have they essentially "closed" our MyCash accounts? Is that is what is going on?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
So should we wait until Aug 1 to see if the limites reset, or just start the refund process now. (For those who have PP MyCash cards, and have been unable to load.)
Old Jul 13, 2014, 5:57 am

Indeed there is another 4K quota to be loaded with GD MP.
Originally Posted by yugi
I successfully loaded GD MP onto frozen Paypal account!
Looks like the problem is with Paypal MyCash and not with Paypal itself.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:30 am
jyx

Originally Posted by portishead
So should we wait until Aug 1 to see if the limites reset, or just start the refund process now. (For those who have PP MyCash cards, and have been unable to load.)
The resetting is supposedly based on rolling window. Not sure waiting until next month would make any difference.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Based on what I've seen with other cards, my guess is that, if you haven't gotten your 4K "reset" when it was due, they've blocked you and you're never going to get it. I'm in the same situation, btw.

Any release of the limit is just upside.

Mike
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Based on what I've seen with other cards, my guess is that, if you haven't gotten your 4K "reset" when it was due, they've blocked you and you're never going to get it. I'm in the same situation, btw.

Any release of the limit is just upside.

Mike
Damn so they have blocked my well seasoned PP account darn them! Now if I start with a new account - PP may not be so happy, but hey that is the MS game I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.