Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:26 am

Dang...In that case, it's kind of weird that they let us load the entire amount the previous 30 days before shutting down. I was thinking that the end would be a little more abrupt and mid-statement period. Welp, I'm going to begin the refund process today for a $500 card. I'll try to update the board on the process and how long it takes
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Based on what I've seen with other cards, my guess is that, if you haven't gotten your 4K "reset" when it was due, they've blocked you and you're never going to get it. I'm in the same situation, btw.

Any release of the limit is just upside.

Mike
Has anyone had it reset?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Based on what I've seen with other cards, my guess is that, if you haven't gotten your 4K "reset" when it was due, they've blocked you and you're never going to get it. I'm in the same situation, btw.

Any release of the limit is just upside.

Mike
I guess it doesn't matter how "real" your PayPal account is. I have 400+ eBay sales in the past 6 months (mostly under $10 each), and buy all my postage through PayPal. I uploaded $8k in MyCash cards in the past 3 months and my reload limit hasn't been reset either. I've started spending more on my PP Business MC this month with real credit purchases, but it seems like they don't care about that either. My "withdrawls" have not been through ACH transfer but through WalMart debit card purchases (money orders), and I've let the money sit for a few weeks in PP before making the WM purchases.

For this reason I wonder if they're mostly just looking at how much you're adding and disregarding how it's spent. Maybe there's an unstated limit of $8k per X number of months. (Just a wild idea.)
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
I don't think that's shutdown of the account. But rather the ability to use PP cash reloads, if it's the case at all.
I was able to make a purchase with the card, while in no-reset state, so account kind of working.

Now question is do we have people whose limits where restored as they suppose to be? Or is it just systemwide issue happenning with Incomm/PP?..
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by pier11
I don't think that's shutdown of the account. But rather the ability to use PP cash reloads, if it's the case at all.
I was able to make a purchase with the card, while in no-reset state, so account kind of working.

Now question is do we have people whose limits where restored as they suppose to be? Or is it just systemwide issue happenning with Incomm/PP?..
Are you responding to my post or someone else's? No. I do not have a shutdown. I didn't mean to imply I did.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by pier11

Sure pier the account works fine, just the inability to load PPMC cards - which is infuriating, but part of the game
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by rrgg
Are you responding to my post or someone else's? No. I do not have a shutdown. I didn't mean to imply I did.
The first part rather addressed 'mikeef' suggestion of accounts "closure".

The second - question to everybody.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:26 am

I guess it doesn't matter how "real" your PayPal account is. I have 400+ eBay sales in the past 6 months (mostly under $10 each), and buy all my postage through PayPal. I uploaded $8k in MyCash cards in the past 3 months and my reload limit hasn't been reset either. I've started spending more on my PP Business MC this month with real credit purchases, but it seems like they don't care about that either. My "withdrawls" have not been through ACH transfer but through WalMart debit card purchases (money orders), and I've let the money sit for a few weeks in PP before making the WM purchases.

For this reason I wonder if they're mostly just looking at how much you're adding and disregarding how it's spent. Maybe there's an unstated limit of $8k per X number of months. (Just a wild idea.)
I have doubts that the reset issue is tied to closure of accounts for the following reasons:

1. When I first noticed the problem the Paypal My Cash load screen for me showed Daily Load Limit of $500 and Monthly Load limit of $500 which I realized was wrong because based on past 30 day history it should have been $1000. It also let me load $500 that day. Since then I have not been able to load more to the card.
2. I use the card almost exclusively for real purchases. I have done a few money orders at Walmart but never done an ACH. The reason being my wife does not want to deal with using which card at which retail establishment to avail category bonuses etc. so I basically buy paypal mycash cards at CVS with an Amex Blue that gives me 5% cash back - $3.95 fee and then I earn 1% back from Paypal for an effective return of 5.2% on all purchases.
3. I can still use my card everyday for regular purchases even with reload option being blocked for couple of weeks.
4. I rarely come close to the $4K limit and have been doing it for almost a year.

Bottomline, Paypal should love customers like me because I am generating a lot of real transactions that are earning them tons of merchant fees and hence can't find a reason why they would want to shut me down.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:36 am

It may not be PP shutting people down, but rather the company that issues the mycash cards. If you read the agreement for the mycash cards, it has the following address:

P.O. Box 826
Fortson, Georgia 31808

If you google that address, it seems affiliated with Incomm. So my guess is that Incomm is orchestrating this.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:43 am

It looks like the reset issue already happened before:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...et/td-p/594316
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:16 pm

I posted that same link earlier, but I want to mention there are also other blogs that described this problem in the past. I noticed MarathonMan, presumably the same one as on FT, said he ran into something like this.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
Bottomline, Paypal should love customers like me because I am generating a lot of real transactions that are earning them tons of merchant fees and hence can't find a reason why they would want to shut me down.
Along these lines, let me add that I have an 8 year old PP account, but several weeks ago started loading 500 my cash cards (hit 4K in loads over 3 weeks). Like you my limit reset at $500 right when it should have (early July). So I loaded $500 but now my accounts shows $0 limit (even though it should show 2K based on a rolling basis), and more importantly I have only used my PP account for Ebay purchases, over $1300 worth in the past 45 days. No withdraws. No transfers to friends/family.

I guess I'm on double secret probation for intent to MS.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana
I posted that same link earlier, but I want to mention there are also other blogs that described this problem in the past. I noticed MarathonMan, presumably the same one as on FT, said he ran into something like this.
So I guess the bigger question is, how long did it take to resolve it? I still have 2K available that I can load right now but I might hold off on that and save it for BB/Serve loads for the next 2 months.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana
The above thread does not give any indication whether it got resolved for anybody successfully. Looking for atleast 1 data point that shows things returned to normal after some time.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Maybe it's just a system error. I loaded less than $2500 during the past 30 days, and the error message says:

...Our records indicate that you have loaded $3945.00 this month. The $490.00 load you are requesting at this time will go over the allowed monthly limit. Please return to this webpage on 08/01/14 to execute this load.

The tip in the wiki for getting a live representative at MyCash works, but they said they only handle the actual cards, and since it's apparently an issue with the website, it's in PayPal's court.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.