Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by xshanex
Like many here my 2 PP accounts did not reset as anticipated. Assuming worst case and this is permanent any ideas on how to unload PP Reload Packs? I have a few thousand in hand (they can be hard to come by in my area so I picked them up a few days before my reset date when I saw them on the rack).
They will have to give you a refund if they shut it completely, but you are getting ahead of yourself. Keep all receipts, as always.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
delete

Last edited by worldtravels; Jul 10, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:57 pm

Had this error message for 6 days, and cannot load at all. Had account for 10 years.

Multiples calls and no fixes. Paypal does nothing.

Have only loaded 2K in last 30 days.

Originally Posted by worldtravels
How it Works
Where to Buy
FAQ/Contact Us

Load Funds Now
Load Funds

Sorry, the redemption of your My Cash card could not be completed at this time.
Please call PayPal customer service at 888-221-1161 so that we can resolve this issue for you.

PayPal Error Code =26
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:02 pm

Had this error message for 6 days, and cannot load at all. Had account for 10 years.

Multiples calls and no fixes. Paypal does nothing.

Have only loaded 2K in last 30 days.

How it Works
Where to Buy
FAQ/Contact Us

Load Funds Now
Load Funds

Sorry, the redemption of your My Cash card could not be completed at this time.
Please call PayPal customer service at 888-221-1161 so that we can resolve this issue for you.

PayPal Error Code =26
The error code of 26 was a ..... for me for many months. Was wondering if this answer belongs on the Wiki - but was afraid to update the wiki in those days. Anyway - the answer is:

On the page titled: Payment Receiving Preferences
    the first radio button: For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address.

Be sure that NO is chosen

save and you are done
    Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:49 pm

Worked like a charm!

It happened out of the blue. It always worked OK before and haven't changed those settings recently.

You did what 10 paypal reps could not do!
    Thank you very much raccah
    Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:05 pm

Worked like a charm!

It happened out of the blue. It always worked OK before and haven't changed those settings recently.

You did what 10 paypal reps could not do!
    Thank you very much raccah
    Did this also change what you see for a reload limit or just remove error code 26?
    Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
    Did this also change what you see for a reload limit or just remove error code 26?
    This is ONLY for error 26 when loading the cash card - NOT the limit change - sadly that is still F'ed up for me and others. Incomm is killing this approach according to some.
    Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
    Originally Posted by raccah
    Incomm is killing this approach according to some.
    Do you mean preventing the loading PayPal accounts with their own cards?
    Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:51 pm

Man I hope my limit restores soon. I cannot even log in to my paypal.com/cash to see if the limit restored. boo
    Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by MountainManDuy
    Man I hope my limit restores soon. I cannot even log in to my paypal.com/cash to see if the limit restored. boo
    Why is that?
    Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
    Why is that?
    Indeed I can log into PP and into PP on Paypal/cash - both work, but the load allowance is 0
    Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by raccah
    The error code of 26 was a ..... for me for many months. Was wondering if this answer belongs on the Wiki - but was afraid to update the wiki in those days. Anyway - the answer is:

On the page titled: Payment Receiving Preferences
      the first radio button: For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address.

Be sure that NO is chosen

save and you are done
      I updated the wiki with this valuable info, I was bit by it too a few months ago and fixed it with info posted in the thread.
      Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by xlax
      Do you mean preventing the loading PayPal accounts with their own cards?
      I don't see that as being remotely possible...
      Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, USairways, HH, Marriott
      Any suggestion while waiting monthly limit reset?

I think many in this thread have realized that, possibly near 7/3, the monthly limit of the paypal load has stopped resetting. It means that despite 30 recurring days, your used quota of the $4000 monthly limit won't be released for a new load.

I tried to contact the customer service number of paypal my cash cad, 1-855-721-5035, but nobody talked with me. All respond was system automatic response (BTW, unlike VR, you can't load paypal my cash card via phone). So now thanks to AA Exec, I have 10K my cash cards stuck in hand. Any suggestion how to liquidate them if the problem persists? Worst case, if this is a permanent shut down of loading privilege, what's your way to deal with what's left on your hand?
      Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by frugalman
      I think many in this thread have realized that, possibly near 7/3, the monthly limit of the paypal load has stopped resetting. It means that despite 30 recurring days, your used quota of the $4000 monthly limit won't be released for a new load.

I tried to contact the customer service number of paypal my cash cad, 1-855-721-5035, but nobody talked with me. All respond was system automatic response (BTW, unlike VR, you can't load paypal my cash card via phone). So now thanks to AA Exec, I have 10K my cash cards stuck in hand. Any suggestion how to liquidate them if the problem persists? Worst case, if this is a permanent shut down of loading privilege, what's your way to deal with what's left on your hand?
      Wow $10K of PP cash cards. Why would you do that? You can only load max of $4K/month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.