Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:49 pm

Can the PP debit MC still load BB or Serve at WM? I have done this successfully in the past, but this card is no longer able to make Evolve payments so I'm wondering if the PP to BB link no longer works.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:30 pm

Apparently they make people work on holidays over there. Just got this response from customer support. Notice how it doesn't even answer the darn question:

Dear John Smith,

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Indian Idiot and I am happy to assist you.

With our PayPal Preferred Rewards Program, you can earn 1% cash back on every PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard® purchase that does not require a PIN by agreeing to advertise PayPal as your exclusive online payment service. Receiving cash back is like receiving over 50% off PayPal fees, or getting all of your eBay listing fees and 1/3 of your closing fees refunded! To learn more about the PayPal Preferred Reward Program and its requirements, log into your PayPal account and click PayPal Debit Card at the bottom of the page.
The email I initially sent clearly spelled out the accounting glitch. And this canned response answers my question how? I didn't know about the requirement to advertise PP as my exclusive payment method; that's interesting. I'm quite sure I unintentionally violated that once or twice in the past.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:26 pm

Just following up on several posts yesterday indicating load limit not resetting. I am experiencing same issue. Is anyone having similar problem? My monthly load limit has not increased when it should from last month (or 30 days elapse).
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by jasperJim
Just following up on several posts yesterday indicating load limit not resetting. I am experiencing same issue. Is anyone having similar problem? My monthly load limit has not increased when it should from last month (or 30 days elapse).
Yes, having same problem.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by Aleriem
Yes, having same problem.
I called PP to ask and they got Incomm on the phone but neither one could help or had any suggestions. Maybe multiple emails, after the Holliday weekend, will get the attention of the right people.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
That's what I've got when trying to load PP reload:

We are sorry, You are only able to load up to $500 per day/$4000 per month max. Our records indicate that you have loaded $4000.00 this month. The $500.00 load you are requesting at this time will go over the allowed monthly limit. Please return to this webpage on 08/01/14 to execute this load.

...? It's 5th today, the maximum load is $500 per day. Maybe they changed the policy to calendar month?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by sedubby
This happened to me a few weeks ago. Is this your business account? I ignored the set up for my business. I guess you're not considered fully "verified" until you answer all the questions and confirm. After I did that I went back to the mycash site and everything was back to normal.
This is a good suggestion. I ran into this on the 1st when I was ready to start loading my monthly limit. I had gotten this "can't verify your identity" message 3 months ago and opened a case with Paypal. They told me everything was good on their end but would look into it. The problem was solved on its own before they got a chance to fix it. Then on July 1 I had this problem again.

I know Paypal has no clue, as helpful as they might be.

Regardless, I went through my profile and made sure all the profile questions were answered and voila! Now it works.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by airstairfear
Apparently they make people work on holidays over there.
July 4th is probably not an Indian holiday.

Still, I empathize with you for getting the completely useless canned response.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by xchpstang
This is a good suggestion. I ran into this on the 1st when I was ready to start loading my monthly limit. I had gotten this "can't verify your identity" message 3 months ago and opened a case with Paypal. They told me everything was good on their end but would look into it. The problem was solved on its own before they got a chance to fix it. Then on July 1 I had this problem again.

I know Paypal has no clue, as helpful as they might be.

Regardless, I went through my profile and made sure all the profile questions were answered and voila! Now it works.
I updated everything (added EIN), still doesn't work. What exactly did you update there?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:32 pm

Is anyone having trouble purchasing reloads at 7-11 recently? I always buy 2 at a time, but the last 2 times I've tried have had the same weird result. Both appear to load successfully, my credit card is approved, then one of them gets declined and refunded before the transaction completes, but the first goes through. I tried purchasing the second one with a different card and it was declined. The first time I thought it was an employee who didn't know how to load correctly, but the exact same thing happened the second time. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ColoradoGirl47
Is anyone having trouble purchasing reloads at 7-11 recently? I always buy 2 at a time, but the last 2 times I've tried have had the same weird result. Both appear to load successfully, my credit card is approved, then one of them gets declined and refunded before the transaction completes, but the first goes through. I tried purchasing the second one with a different card and it was declined. The first time I thought it was an employee who didn't know how to load correctly, but the exact same thing happened the second time. Any thoughts?
Sounds like the POS system is hitting a velocity threshold. I had something similar happen a month ago at Family Dollar buying VGCs. I tried buying two. The transaction was approved but before a receipt printed I saw what seemed to be the transaction repeating on the card swiper. The approved transaction was being automatically reversed.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA silver
Originally Posted by ColoradoGirl47
I posted about this a little bit ago... It appears -4 may be dead for pp as of the end of June
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by wmonty67
I posted about this a little bit ago... It appears -4 may be dead for pp as of the end of June
I purchased on reload there in July using Chase Freedom.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yugi
I purchased on reload there in July using Chase Freedom.
+1 with no problem whatsoever.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:04 pm

So, has this loading problem been solved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.