Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, USairways, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Wow $10K of PP cash cards. Why would you do that? You can only load max of $4K/month.
yeh, it is painful. didn't like to keep in mind about 10K spending requirement for months. Anyway, it happened. Just bad timing.

But I am surprised that this thread is so quiet about the issue.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by frugalman
I think many in this thread have realized that, possibly near 7/3, the monthly limit of the paypal load has stopped resetting. It means that despite 30 recurring days, your used quota of the $4000 monthly limit won't be released for a new load.

I tried to contact the customer service number of paypal my cash cad, 1-855-721-5035, but nobody talked with me. All respond was system automatic response (BTW, unlike VR, you can't load paypal my cash card via phone). So now thanks to AA Exec, I have 10K my cash cards stuck in hand. Any suggestion how to liquidate them if the problem persists? Worst case, if this is a permanent shut down of loading privilege, what's your way to deal with what's left on your hand?
I'd suggest you get some more pp accounts.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:18 pm

I think many in this thread have realized that, possibly near 7/3, the monthly limit of the paypal load has stopped resetting. It means that despite 30 recurring days, your used quota of the $4000 monthly limit won't be released for a new load.

I tried to contact the customer service number of paypal my cash cad, 1-855-721-5035, but nobody talked with me. All respond was system automatic response (BTW, unlike VR, you can't load paypal my cash card via phone). So now thanks to AA Exec, I have 10K my cash cards stuck in hand. Any suggestion how to liquidate them if the problem persists? Worst case, if this is a permanent shut down of loading privilege, what's your way to deal with what's left on your hand?
Open some new paypal account and you may get another $4000.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:29 pm

yeh, it is painful. didn't like to keep in mind about 10K spending requirement for months. Anyway, it happened. Just bad timing.

You could have met the other $6K in spending doing VGCs to load BB/Serve.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900
I'd suggest you get some more pp accounts.
Or ask friends and relatives to load to their accounts and then send it to yours.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:10 am

It just said error. I was able to login today.

Why is that?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)

Request refund likely... AFAIK the only intended use for the cards is to refill one's PP account.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:48 am

I forgot to add that each person is allowed to have 2 PP accounts (1 regular and 1 premier). So technically if you only have 1 PP account, you can sign up another PP account to dump the other $4K in PP Cash cards.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
I made a PP business account for my wife last week and got the debit card yesterday and tried to load 1 MyCash card and it said it was successful and gave me a confirmation # (kept a screenshot of it) but the money is NOT reflected in her PP account after a day.
Emailing them is next to useless...I'm thinking of calling Monday but from posts here it looks like it could be just as useless....
So to those sitting on a stack of cards; I'm not sure making new PP accounts is the answer. I'm not sure what is....
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by vodkashine
I made a PP business account for my wife last week and got the debit card yesterday and tried to load 1 MyCash card and it said it was successful and gave me a confirmation # (kept a screenshot of it) but the money is NOT reflected in her PP account after a day.
Emailing them is next to useless...I'm thinking of calling Monday but from posts here it looks like it could be just as useless....
So to those sitting on a stack of cards; I'm not sure making new PP accounts is the answer. I'm not sure what is....
That is strange. The money should be reflected right away on your PP account. Haven't had issues with that before. Does it now show your remaining available load limit to be $3500 even though the original $500 was not posted?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Anyone (besides post above) able to successfully load PP cash into remained quota in recent days?

Last time I loaded was 7/6 and it reached account fine. The not resetting issue existed already.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Yes it does show 3,500 available.

It might be something odd with her account because just now finished verifying my own Personal PP account and was able to load 1 MyCash card and transfered that to my PP Biz account and unloaded $200 to BB with no problem.
Lots of weirdness in PayPalville these days.

That is strange. The money should be reflected right away on your PP account. Haven't had issues with that before. Does it now show your remaining available load limit to be $3500 even though the original $500 was not posted?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:13 pm

Make sure it got loaded to the right account. If you were already logged in to paypal w/ another account, the mycash site defaults to that account....
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
Fortunately I only had one PP account under my name (2 under my wife's) so I just created a second for me. Linked a previously non-linked PP bank account (I have plenty from my other MSing activities), a "virgin" credit card and verified my account. I was able to then go and load $500 towards my $4000 limit. Funds showed up immediately in my new PP account. Will try loading again tomorrow. But at least I am down to $3500 in PP Loads. If this fails I will try the steps listed here for a refund:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...nd/td-p/762089
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:38 pm

Yes it does show 3,500 available.

It might be something odd with her account because just now finished verifying my own Personal PP account and was able to load 1 MyCash card and transfered that to my PP Biz account and unloaded $200 to BB with no problem.
Lots of weirdness in PayPalville these days.
Be careful doing this. I got a warning after loading and transferring 1k of Mycash cards from my personal to biz account. They sent me the warning email that Mycash reloads are to be used for retail purchases not withdrawals. Apparently they consider transfers to another account as withdrawals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.